Windows 10: How to Increase Explorer Menu Text Size?

Discus and support How to Increase Explorer Menu Text Size? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] The above screen shot is the Explorer menu ribbon. How can I increase the text size of the menu ribbon. The settings under Control Panel\All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

How to Increase Explorer Menu Text Size?

How to Increase Explorer Menu Text Size? [​IMG]

The above screen shot is the Explorer menu ribbon. How can I increase the text size of the menu ribbon. The settings under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display have no effect.

:)

Steve C, Jul 29, 2016

2. How do I find my missing windows menu bar?

I do not have a menu bar in my windows 10 internet explorer pages so there are no file, view, tools, help buttons to access.

How do I install the menu bar? How do I increase the text size?

Patrick Frugé, Jul 29, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How do I find my missing windows menu bar?

Hi Patrick,

In Internet Explorer at the top right is a House Icon (Home), right click on the top bar to the left of that icon and click 'Menu Bar'

To increase the size of the text in Internet Explorer:

Click View on the menu and click Text Size

DaveM121, Jul 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this works for me (note 'Menus'):

dalchina, Jul 29, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    I have the menu text set to 13 wit a dpi of 125% but that doesn't affect the text size of the menu ribbon (not the title bar or address bar) shown in the photo.

Steve C, Jul 29, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, don't know why that isn't working for you: here's what I see with two different font settings for Menus- two full-screen screenshots of explorer: you can see the orange Firefox text in both is the same for reference:

(The title bar in the second is larger too 'cos I made the mistake of applying the font change to Titlebars as well so ignore that)

dalchina, Jul 29, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    Is it because I enabled the Aero theme?

Steve C, Jul 29, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Aero theme on Win 10? You can't get Aero (transparency) as in Win 7 on '10... only some transparency in the Start Menu. Perhaps you mean the Aerolite theme referred to in this forum- colours in the title bars. Doubt that would affect it.

You could check in Safe Mode.

I certainly use colours there, and use Aeroglass (a small program). That does give me some transparency in the title bars.

dalchina, Jul 29, 2016
  9. Steve C Win User
    Yes, I did mean the Aerolite Theme.

I noticed in another account having lower settings for message box & palette title that the menu ribbon was displayed in larger text. I then made the same settings in my normal user account and the ribbon bar text is now larger as I wanted.

I then discovered that the Explorer ribbon displays in smaller text if I select a Message Box text size larger than 11! That's weird and must be a bug? It's also annoying since selecting a larger Message Box text size display larger Chrome shortcut button text.

The current settings which work to display larger Explorer ribbon text are:

DPI scaling 125%
    Title Bars 14
    Menus 13
    Message Boxes 11
    Palette Titles 11
    Icons 12
    Tooltips 11

What do the settings for Message Boxes, Palette Titles and Tooltips actually adjust?

Steve C, Jul 30, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Hi, noted you have a laptop (same res'n as mine) and a desktop. Do you notice a difference between these two and have you tried simpy changing the menu font size on both? Which of these are you having difficulty with?

I have display settings as default on my laptop (DPI scaling = 125%), and no problem as shown in increasing the ribbon text size.

dalchina, Jul 30, 2016
  11. Steve C Win User
    I've only been experimenting with my laptop.

Steve C, Jul 30, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    Ok, so you could see what happens if you only change the menu font on your desktop, assuming that's running '10.

FWIW at least these reg entries change when that font setting is changed:

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Increase Explorer Menu Text Size? - Similar Threads - Increase Explorer Menu

2. increase in brightness and size of texts

in Windows 10 Customization
    increase in brightness and size of texts: Yesterday all of sudden the laptop brightness just got increased and the texts got huger and brighter, adjusting brightness still doesnt change the brightness of the text its literally hurts my eyes...
  3. increase in brightness and size of texts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    increase in brightness and size of texts: Yesterday all of sudden the laptop brightness just got increased and the texts got huger and brighter, adjusting brightness still doesnt change the brightness of the text its literally hurts my eyes...
  4. increase in brightness and size of texts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?

How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?: My old eyes don't read the text as readily as I like. I want to increase the text size on the icons without increasing icon size. Is this possible?...
  6. How to increase font size of menu text, icon text, message boxes, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase font size of menu text, icon text, message boxes, etc.: My present W10 version is 1909. When Windows first eliminated a user's ability to specify font size of icons, menu text, tool tips etc. there were some registry hacks available (in TenForums amongst other places) that did the trick... but those scripts don't work in the...
  7. how to increase text size in icons

how to increase text size in icons: I like Windows 10 but the text size on the icons is soooo small. How can I increase it without changing the resolution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-text-size-in-icons/5ca364cc-acd2-4ac8-8576-7f3c7ba338ea
  8. Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else: I have found a number of items on this topic but as yet have found nothing that solves the problem. It seems that the "text only" options that were available in earlier builds of Windows 10 have, as happens with most useful features, been phased out in subsequent builds....
  9. How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text

How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text: I would like to change the size of text in certain windows. In this screenshot you can see a window with somewhat small text which I would like to enlarge. Ironically, it's explaining my options for increasing the size of text in some situations but it doesn't appear to offer...
  10. Menu - increase text size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Menu - increase text size: Hi there I've managed to increase text sizes on most things but the Menu has very small text (It seems ALL I.T people have very good eyesight - on a large monitor I find the standard text size FAR to small to use properly !!). Anybody know how to increase text size of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer menu font size

2. enlarge explorer menus

3. How to Increase Explorer Menu Text Size?