Windows 10: How to increase mic sensitivity

Discus and support How to increase mic sensitivity in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm having some trouble getting the best recording quality from my microphone. I'm using a gaming headset with mic with a regular headphone jack. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DutchSailor92, Jun 19, 2020.

1. How to increase mic sensitivity

I'm having some trouble getting the best recording quality from my microphone. I'm using a gaming headset with mic with a regular headphone jack. I have turned up all the volumes (including microphone boost) in microphone properties and this has resulted in a slight increase of quality. However, it seems that there is a recording threshold which makes the mic cut out when i'm not speaking loud enough. This results in a very choppy recording when using the windows built in voice recorder (or really any other programs). I have to speak pretty loudly to not have this happen. I already disabled echo and noise reduction as I suspected this to be the issue. Is there any way to get rid of this very annoying recording threshold?

I have also tested the same mic on my android phone and when recording my voice there, the quality is crystal clear with no interruptions even if I speak as silent as possible. This is what I'm trying to achieve on my laptop aswell. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/DutchSailor92
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DutchSailor92, Jun 19, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Determine which mic is more sensitive or better

Thanks, that is what i thought. so the throat mic is more sensitive? I have the Zalman M1 from the Specs for Mic A.

That picks up damn near everything.

The Throat Mic has the -46db +/- 3db.

The mic should be able to discern when someone is talking and not everyone around them.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Jun 19, 2020
  4. How to increase mic sensitivity

how to increase the touch sensitivity on the N97?

Is there an option or software update to increase the touch screen sensitivity on the N97?

chaficgeadah, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

How to increase mic sensitivity

1. How to increase mic sensitivity - Similar Threads - increase mic sensitivity

2. how do I increase the sensitivity of an Xbox 360 usb controller for Roblox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I increase the sensitivity of an Xbox 360 usb controller for Roblox?: I tried to ask Bing's A.I and it doesn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-the-sensitivity-of-an-xbox-360/96a68f94-a6fc-4bfe-8b26-1689e300dd09
  3. how do I increase the sensitivity of an Xbox 360 usb controller for Roblox?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I increase the sensitivity of an Xbox 360 usb controller for Roblox?: I tried to ask Bing's A.I and it doesn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-the-sensitivity-of-an-xbox-360/96a68f94-a6fc-4bfe-8b26-1689e300dd09
  4. How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?: My keyboard is missing keystrokes unless I hit it super hard. Is there a way to increase the sensitivity?Note: This is NOT ABOUT REPEAT DELAY.Thank you....
  5. How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?: My keyboard is missing keystrokes unless I hit it super hard. Is there a way to increase the sensitivity?Note: This is NOT ABOUT REPEAT DELAY.Thank you....
  6. How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?

7. Discord automatically determines Input Sensitivity of Mic

in Windows 10 News
    Discord automatically determines Input Sensitivity of Mic: [ATTACH]Some users have complained that Discord automatically determines input sensitivity of Mic when it’s plugged in. Well! This is supposed to be a feature of Discord, but it ended up annoying a lot of users. In this post, we are going to see what you need to do if Discord...
  8. Mic Sensitivity is Low in Windows and Teams

Mic Sensitivity is Low in Windows and Teams: The computer mic works fine in zoom. However, when testing the mic under settings and in Teams, the volume is very low. The participants can only hear me if I scream....
  9. How to increase mic input?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to increase mic input?: Yeah ive already used control panel and moved everything to the max and it still sound very quiet in recordings. Is there a program that will make it louder so my friends can hear me better. submitted by /u/BrokenHighlighter [link] [comments]...
  10. mic sensitivity

mic sensitivity: my mics sensitivity keeps breaking just lowering for no reason 1 everyday id normally just delete my driver and redownload but now i doesn't work and every time i delete my driver when the computer resets its still there and the mics sensitivity doesn't fix the mic i need...