Windows 10: How to increase number of items/shortcuts in quick access

Discus and support How to increase number of items/shortcuts in quick access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; By default, quick access only shows the most recent 20 files opened, but I have a 4k monitor and can fit a lot more than that on the screen, so was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Huron, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Huron Win User

How to increase number of items/shortcuts in quick access

By default, quick access only shows the most recent 20 files opened, but I have a 4k monitor and can fit a lot more than that on the screen, so was just wondering if there would be a way to choose a custom number, say, 60 recent items or even 100?

:)

Huron, Mar 11, 2017

2. Increase number of recent folders in quick access

That is nothing unusual for Microsoft not to answer the question. I will be surprised if I see the correct answer.

NikolaMiljevski, Mar 11, 2017
  3. Increase number of recent folders in quick access

I want to increase the number of items displayed i n recent folders

TadeleJembere, Mar 11, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

You could pin 'Recent Items' (C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent Items) to Quick Access.
    (I remember mulling over this one in the past to no avail.)

Edwin, Mar 11, 2017
  5. Huron Win User
    Thanks, however that folder only ever has a very few items it it, currently it has 4 items in it. Not quite the solution I was looking for.

Huron, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to increase number of items/shortcuts in quick access - Similar Threads - increase number items

2. Arranging items in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arranging items in Quick Access: How can I organize Quick Access items in Windows Explorer? Running Windows 11 Build 22H2.When I went to save a file, the pinned Quick Access items did not appear in the Save As dialogue box.Found them in the new Home tab, but they seem to be organized by the chronological...
  3. How To Increase Number of Most Recently Opened Files in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Increase Number of Most Recently Opened Files in Quick Access: Hello: I am currently using Windows Home (10.0.19042 build). In windows-10: file explorer "Quick access" window only shows 20 of the most recently opened files. Is it possible to increase the recently opened files number from 20 to 50? Will I need to change or add a registry...
  4. Increasing The Number Of Quick Access's Recent Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increasing The Number Of Quick Access's Recent Files: Hi, i've searched everywhere but to no clear answer. I need to increase the number of recent files displayed which is currently limited to 20 files. this window is located in file explorer's Quick Access. I work with lots of files and increasing the number beyond 20 will be a...
  5. Increase number of recent folders in quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increase number of recent folders in quick access: This seems to have been done to death over the years but the interest in pressing MS for an update has waned by the looks of it. I would encourage all interested users to post more regularly about this becasue for those who are file and folder users, this is an important...
  6. How To Increase Height Of Quick Access Toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Increase Height Of Quick Access Toolbar: Is there any way to increase the size (height) of the Quick Access Toolbar, so the icons will show larger? They are on the small size for my old eyes. I am meaning the Explorer toolbar under File, Home, Share, View, Drive Tools as per my screenshot. I know I can expand it by...
  7. Pinning an Item to Quick Access

Pinning an Item to Quick Access: Is there a way to pin a removable drive to Quick Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-an-item-to-quick-access/40ce39e6-f581-4bb1-bdc3-08c17a93cb0f
  8. Hide Quick Access Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide Quick Access Items: Hi, Using this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer] "HubMode"=dword:00000001 I hide Quick Access from Navigation Pane Is that possible to hide single items from inside Quick Access without hiding the whole thing via registry only? [img]...
  9. Increase the number of "Recent files" show in quick access

Increase the number of "Recent files" show in quick access: Hi, in the "Quick access" window it currently shows the 20 most recently opened files. I would like to increase that number to something around 40 or 50. I'm guessing I'll have to do this through the registry, but I don't know where. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  10. Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists: As title says I'm wanting to know if there's a way to increase the amount of items can be stuffed into a taskbar jumplist. My reason is, I've used the jumplist feature in Windows 7 for Steam to give quicker access to some of the options you can only access by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 quick access increase number of items

2. win 10 increase the amount in quick access

3. increase number of recent items in quick access

4. limit number of quick access,
  5. windows 10 number of items in quickaccess,
  6. how to increase the number of quick access,
  7. windows 1 quick access increase number of items,
  8. quick access items number,
  9. increasing number of folders in quick access,
  10. increase number files quick access,
  11. increase number of files in quick access,