Windows 10: how to increase storage on a dell 14 with sold state hard drive?

Discus and support how to increase storage on a dell 14 with sold state hard drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; it says I need to update but won't let me because I have insufficient storage. I go through the recommend steps and it says OK, but when I retry the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanielValascho, Sep 15, 2018.

1. how to increase storage on a dell 14 with sold state hard drive?

it says I need to update but won't let me because I have insufficient storage. I go through the recommend steps and it says OK, but when I retry the updates it puts me in an endless loop. HELP

:)

DanielValascho, Sep 15, 2018

2. Best 2.5-inch hard drive for storage and gaming?

1TB 5,400 RPM:
    • Seagate 1TB BarraCuda $54.78
    • Seagate 1TB Firecuda Gaming $65.50
    • WD Blue 1TB $56.89
    1TB 7,200 RPM:
    • WD Black 1TB $73.95
    • HGST Travelstar 7K1000 1TB $59.93
    Which one is the best 2.5-inch hard drive for storage and gaming?.

The hard drive is for the Fractal Design Node 202 Mini ITX case.

RodoGodo19, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    hard drive full, but can<t find the item to erase

Windows 10 has the option to change the storage location. We suggest that you change the storage location so you can still use your hard drive instead of using the SSD. Kindly follow the steps below on how to change the storage location:

• On the Search bar, type in storage and select the top most result.
    • On the Storage screen, change the location of each options to your desired hard drive. The files will now be saved on the specific hard drive.

how to increase storage on a dell 14 with sold state hard drive? 47d2da23-d12c-4708-9637-ccc0766a4909.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Sep 15, 2018
  4. j_007_k Win User

how to increase storage on a dell 14 with sold state hard drive?

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

how to increase storage on a dell 14 with sold state hard drive?

1. how to increase storage on a dell 14 with sold state hard drive? - Similar Threads - increase storage dell

2. How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?: I have Huawei matebook 14 i7 thant I have purchased 6 months agothe storage partition is set to C:\ 120 GBD:\ 335 GBSince most programs are saved on C:\ , the space is consumed up very quickly and I only have 30 GB free space leftI want to decrease D:\ storage and increase...
  3. How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?: I have Huawei matebook 14 i7 thant I have purchased 6 months agothe storage partition is set to C:\ 120 GBD:\ 335 GBSince most programs are saved on C:\ , the space is consumed up very quickly and I only have 30 GB free space leftI want to decrease D:\ storage and increase...
  4. Using an external hard drive to increase storage capacity of internal hard drive in windows 10

Using an external hard drive to increase storage capacity of internal hard drive in windows 10: Hello.I have been trying to extend a volume by using Disk Management in windows 10.But without success. I am not sure I'm doing the right thing.My internal disk is filling up so I connected an external hard drive to extend the capacity. Disk Management does not seem work....
  5. Hard drive storage

Hard drive storage: I need to clear a significant amount of storage space from my hard drive. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-storage/16d4e2cc-69ae-4b0e-8a86-337326091d29
  6. solid state and hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    solid state and hard drives: I have a HP Laptop 17-by3065st,os is windows 10. I have both a ssd and hdd my ssd is low on free space my hdd 1TB has plenty. is there a way to have the HDD drive D: be the primary and keep the SSD drive C: just for windows os? Thanx in advance Jim...
  7. Hard Drive Storage

Hard Drive Storage: I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb is being taken up...
  8. How to use hardware encryption for dell latitude SED solid state hard drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to use hardware encryption for dell latitude SED solid state hard drive?: I find aspiron and latitude both use bitlocker but latitude i configured to use TPM and key when open computer but managebde status still show software encryption instead of hardware encryption i did not connect internet and disable all network and blue tooth Is there...
  9. Need More Storage on Dell Inspiron 14

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need More Storage on Dell Inspiron 14: Hey guys, I have a Dell Inspiron 14 that only has 32GB of storage. It is one of those that does not allow you to upgrade the hard drive. I need more storage to download the Adobe Creative Suite. Before going to the last resort of buying a new laptop, what are my options to...
  10. Need More Storage on Dell Inspiron 14

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need More Storage on Dell Inspiron 14: Hey guys, I have a Dell Inspiron 14 that only has 32GB of storage. It is one of those that does not allow you to upgrade the hard drive. I need more storage to download the Adobe Creative Suite. Before going to the last resort of buying a new laptop, what are my options to...