Windows 10: how to increase text size in icons

Discus and support how to increase text size in icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like Windows 10 but the text size on the icons is soooo small. How can I increase it without changing the resolution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesWilliamsTX., Jul 11, 2019.

1. how to increase text size in icons

I like Windows 10 but the text size on the icons is soooo small. How can I increase it without changing the resolution?

:)

JamesWilliamsTX., Jul 11, 2019

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 11, 2019
  3. Deno206 Win User
    Windows 10, How does one increase the size of the tooltips text for icons on the Task Bar ?

Had already tried out the steps above, several times even with 10240 a few weeks back.

To date even with the current RTM version, this issue of task bar icons text not increasing in size is still there.

I have Windows 10 Pro on a laptop and PC tower ; both have the same problem . I had explored all known avenues to solve the issue which is clear-cut without success.

Then posted the question earlier today for further help.

Deno206, Jul 11, 2019
  4. how to increase text size in icons

Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

I have NO problem with the size of the icons.

I only need to increase the size of the TEXT TEXT TEXT

OK?

If anyone can help that would be great! !!

Dave

DaveMurrow, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

how to increase text size in icons

1. how to increase text size in icons - Similar Threads - increase text size

2. increase in brightness and size of texts

in Windows 10 Customization
    increase in brightness and size of texts: Yesterday all of sudden the laptop brightness just got increased and the texts got huger and brighter, adjusting brightness still doesnt change the brightness of the text its literally hurts my eyes...
  3. increase in brightness and size of texts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    increase in brightness and size of texts: Yesterday all of sudden the laptop brightness just got increased and the texts got huger and brighter, adjusting brightness still doesnt change the brightness of the text its literally hurts my eyes...
  4. Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size: This is not the usual size of file icon problem e.g.- small icon, large icon, extra large icon when i increase the size of the icon the text size stays the same small and i cannot read it as it is zoomed out compared to usual. and its to small to read I've tried ctrl and...
  5. Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size: This is not the usual size of file icon problem e.g.- small icon, large icon, extra large icon when i increase the size of the icon the text size stays the same small and i cannot read it as it is zoomed out compared to usual. and its to small to read I've tried ctrl and...
  6. How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?

How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?: My old eyes don't read the text as readily as I like. I want to increase the text size on the icons without increasing icon size. Is this possible?...
  7. How to increase font size of menu text, icon text, message boxes, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase font size of menu text, icon text, message boxes, etc.: My present W10 version is 1909. When Windows first eliminated a user's ability to specify font size of icons, menu text, tool tips etc. there were some registry hacks available (in TenForums amongst other places) that did the trick... but those scripts don't work in the...
  8. How can I increase the size of the icons and text

How can I increase the size of the icons and text: I try what they say but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-the-size-of-the-icons-and-text/ec266a42-37e1-45d5-a2a8-5d1df9b486a5
  9. How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text

How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text: I would like to change the size of text in certain windows. In this screenshot you can see a window with somewhat small text which I would like to enlarge. Ironically, it's explaining my options for increasing the size of text in some situations but it doesn't appear to offer...
  10. Menu - increase text size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Menu - increase text size: Hi there I've managed to increase text sizes on most things but the Menu has very small text (It seems ALL I.T people have very good eyesight - on a large monitor I find the standard text size FAR to small to use properly !!). Anybody know how to increase text size of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how in increase size of game icons