Windows 10: how to increase the size of drive c

Discus and support how to increase the size of drive c in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do i increase the size of drive c as it is almost full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by georgiapatching, Oct 9, 2020.

1. how to increase the size of drive c

how do i increase the size of drive c as it is almost full

:)

georgiapatching, Oct 9, 2020

2. Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 9, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Increasing Partition Size

You can't remove unallocated space, because it is, by definition, unallocated. Do what LX07 and Cereberus are suggesting and get the free Minitool. Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free You will be able to shrink "D" and expand "C" easily and safely. Download and install it, and someone here will walk you thru the few simple steps.

f14tomcat, Oct 9, 2020
  4. j_007_k Win User

how to increase the size of drive c

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

how to increase the size of drive c

1. how to increase the size of drive c - Similar Threads - increase size drive

2. C: Drive constantly increasing drive size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C: Drive constantly increasing drive size: It doesn't happen on the "This Pc" tab but in the properties tab, is this a bug? is this a virus? i'm clueless submitted by /u/lievv_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/111hen1/c_drive_constantly_increasing_drive_size/
  3. How do I increase the size of C Drive on my Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I increase the size of C Drive on my Windows 11?: Hi There, I have mistakenly shrunken the size of my C Drive while I was creating partitions additional to C. Now the size of C Drive is very small and have no capacity. Would you please advise how I can resize and extend the C Drive? Thanks and best regards,Maryam...
  4. How do I increase the size of C Drive on my Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I increase the size of C Drive on my Windows 11?: Hi There, I have mistakenly shrunken the size of my C Drive while I was creating partitions additional to C. Now the size of C Drive is very small and have no capacity. Would you please advise how I can resize and extend the C Drive? Thanks and best regards,Maryam...
  5. C drive usage size increased

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive usage size increased: I tried to upgrade my windows 10 home to pro so I used the windows media creation tool upgrade option. then I canceled that activity simply added the product key to active. now the issue is that my C drive size 140GB and it's showing only 10 GB left...
  6. My C drive size keep on increase and reached to 235 GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C drive size keep on increase and reached to 235 GB: Can anyone help me to understand why the size of C drive is keep on increasing. I have deleted on the temporary files and all. I have uninstalled few of my useful software just to have some free space in c drive but it keep on increasing. Morning when I checked 5GB of...
  7. How do I reduce the size of C drive and simultaneously increase the size of E drive without...

How do I reduce the size of C drive and simultaneously increase the size of E drive without...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Zaydh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5ljgo/how_do_i_reduce_the_size_of_c_drive_and/
  8. How can i increase the size of my c drive?

How can i increase the size of my c drive?: i split the c drive into two other drives and i am unable to delete the drive adjacent to the c drive because it contains a page file so im unable to allocate any unused space to the c drive submitted by /u/borger_moncher768 [link] [comments]...
  9. How to increase disc space on C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to increase disc space on C drive: Hello all, I bought a new PC, but the C drive is split in 2 partitions ( C & D ). I tried to remove 100 GB from D, and add it to the C drive, but I'm not allowed to do that... There is no option to increase disc space on the C drive. Also tried to reinstall Windows 10 and...
  10. How to increase disc space on C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase disc space on C drive: Hello all, I bought a new PC, but the C drive is split in 2 partitions ( C & D ). I tried to remove 100 GB from D, and add it to the C drive, but I'm not allowed to do that... There is no option to increase disc space on the C drive. Also tried to reinstall Windows 10 and...