Windows 10: How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar

Discus and support How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a high resolution screen, so the taskbar seems disproportionately small by default/ In prior versions of Windows I would just increase the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by whitebloodcell, Jun 18, 2015.

1. How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar

I have a high resolution screen, so the taskbar seems disproportionately small by default/ In prior versions of Windows I would just increase the taskbar height and icons would adjust in size accordingly, but not so with Windows 10. How can I resize them, or is this deature just not implemented yet? I am using build 10130

:)

whitebloodcell, Jun 18, 2015

2. How do I increase the size of taskbar icons?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Right click on the desktop and click on display settings. Under
    customize your display, drag and set the size to whichever you desire.

Then click on sign-out anyway from the dialog box for changes to take effect.

Hope this post is helpful. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Jun 18, 2015
  3. GeneReif Win User
    How do I increase the size of taskbar icons?

I have tried and tried to increase the icon size in my task bar, win.10 I tried the check size, no help!

GeneReif, Jun 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar

Hello whitebloodcell, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Unfortunately, the icon sizes will not auto adjust for you, but you could use the same method below to toggle between using small or large icons on your taskbar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rge-icons.html

Brink, Jun 18, 2015
  5. dencal Win User
    In W10 Open All Settings, click on Systems then on Display and move bar along to suit, then click Apply.

dencal, Jun 18, 2015
  6. Icons were already on the larger of the two options, but thanks for replying. Hope they put the auto-resizing in the next build.

whitebloodcell, Jun 18, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 18, 2015
  8. Alexander Win User

It is not about DPI and all interface scaling.
    Windows 10 shows on taskbar icons approximately 22x22 pixels instead of 32x32 as previous windows versions. But 32x32 is a standard desktop icon size and many apps contains 32x32 icons in exe-files. When I pin such app on taskbar Windows 10 scales its icon to decrease its size and this looks terrible.

How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar [​IMG]

Alexander, Jul 31, 2015
  9. DTG1 Win User
    Personally I want more control over my UI, I'd like to find a good theme editor, but i doubt there is one yet for win10. I may have to manually edit theme files to get what I want, not looking forward to that.

Since the large icon size is still too small, and the "ONE SETTING SCALES ALL" is broken and screwed up, I have to set my own icon size for the taskbar, and currently the only way seems to be through registry tweaks, but it seems MS has FUBAR'd those too and changed them up a bit. If someone can help me change the default icon size for the taskbar i would be thankful.

DPI scaling is broken, Steam and some games are now over-scaling up with that setting. Over-scaling them off screen. So no "one-setting-fixes-everything" crap here. It looks like its everyone will be wanting individual settings again.

Oh and there is no reset for the games once win10 changes them. *Mad

DTG1, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Mike1950 Win User
    Try this, it worked for me, press and hold "ctrl" and turn your mouse wheel.*Wink

Mike1950, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That'll work for the desktop icons, but it will not work for icons on the taskbar that the OP wanted to change. *Smile

Brink, Aug 7, 2015
  12. DTG1 Win User
    Figured out that DPI scales on a per monitor basis, its basically the magnifier cuz everything that uses that monitor is scaled up in 25% increments, its something that is not explained very well <snort>.

13. Nixeus Win User

Hello,

Like you, i really prefer the icons size in taskbar like in W8.1

It's possible to do the trick by using "StartIsBack++" but it's not free and it's a third party software which replace the start menu...

I really would like to find a hack or a reg tweak in order to increase icon size in taskbar....

Nixeus, Aug 12, 2015
  14. DTG1 Win User
    havent found nothing yet. *Sad

15. Nixeus Win User
    I really think we can find the way ! But maybe it's not in registry...It's maybe directly in a DLL or EXE, so maybe need to use use IDAPRO for debugging and hack a file....It ca be very long..

OR....

I think now the start menu is in XAML so maybe it's possible to hack directly the XAML code....

Nixeus, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

1. How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar - Similar Threads - increase size icons

2. How do I increase the size of desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I increase the size of desktop icons?: Desktop icons are very small. How do I increase their size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-the-size-of-desktop-icons/5579a27a-7256-443c-bfb7-33f916326d66
  3. Taskbar Size increases

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Size increases: How do i correct my taskbar size issue after connecting to external monitor as my TV screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-size-increases/26a18262-895a-4bdd-bf84-e4687d8b88f9
  4. How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?

How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?: My old eyes don't read the text as readily as I like. I want to increase the text size on the icons without increasing icon size. Is this possible?...
  5. Increase taskbar icons size without affecting programs

Increase taskbar icons size without affecting programs: I've just migrated to W10 after over a decade of W7, and I really can't adapt to everything being so small... If I change the scale ratio in the Display Settings, then everything (including programs) gets scaled up, which I don't want. I just want to scale up taskbar icons in...
  6. how to increase text size in icons

how to increase text size in icons: I like Windows 10 but the text size on the icons is soooo small. How can I increase it without changing the resolution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-text-size-in-icons/5ca364cc-acd2-4ac8-8576-7f3c7ba338ea
  7. How can I increase the size of the icons and text

How can I increase the size of the icons and text: I try what they say but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-the-size-of-the-icons-and-text/ec266a42-37e1-45d5-a2a8-5d1df9b486a5
  8. How to increase size of icons on taskbar windows 10?

How to increase size of icons on taskbar windows 10?: Just switched to W10 from W7, can't seem to find a way to increase the size of the icons in my taskbar. All the solutions I've found are either 5 or more years old or make other things larger- text, desktop icons, everything. All I want to do is make the Taskbar icons...
  9. How to Increase Chrome Tab Font & Icon Size?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Increase Chrome Tab Font & Icon Size?: The text font in the Chrome tabs along the top of the screen is too hard to read - as is the address bar and icons. I've set my graphics dpi to a setting which is fine for all other apps and don't want to change it. The Chrome default text size has no effect, Google has not...
  10. App icons increase in size

in Windows 10 Support
    App icons increase in size: The app icons on my PC increase in size every time l turn on my PC. I know how to reset them, right click, click view etc. but why does it keep happening? My google page is ridiculously enlarged and l don't know how to reset that. 68371