Windows 10: How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

Discus and support How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Huawei matebook 14 i7 thant I have purchased 6 months agothe storage partition is set to C:\ 120 GBD:\ 335 GBSince most programs are saved on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sarah Atwa, May 8, 2022.

1. How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

I have Huawei matebook 14 i7 thant I have purchased 6 months agothe storage partition is set to C:\ 120 GBD:\ 335 GBSince most programs are saved on C:\ , the space is consumed up very quickly and I only have 30 GB free space leftI want to decrease D:\ storage and increase C:\ storage, maybe make them C:\ 250 GB and D:\ 200 GB I have a lot of cloud storage so I could manageHow could I perform that without damaging my computer?and will it require formatting my computer?Thanks

:)

Sarah Atwa, May 8, 2022
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, May 8, 2022
  3. j_007_k Win User
    Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, May 8, 2022
  4. mcw1260 Win User

How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

Increasing Temorary File Storage

I went to the link in Francis 96 reply. I had already been there and done that. The increase in storage, as Francis noted, has occurred since this summer. I have no photos on the phone. I deleted all the games and most of the apps that came with the phone.
    Aside from the app from the Carrier, I've not downloaded any other apps. I have Word and Excel files. But, these are not temporary files and are accounted for in storage sense in another classification. I keep Data Sense setting on High.

So, should I assume that the Temporary Files (wouldn't it be great if I could get a list of these!) will keep expanding?

Prior to the last update the Temporary Files would decrease in real numbers, not just the rate of increase. Buying more storage as the link suggests does not make sense. Why can't the Temporary Files be deleted and I delete them?

mcw1260, May 8, 2022
Thema:

How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

1. How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage? - Similar Threads - increase storage partition

2. Storage problem on partition C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage problem on partition C: I have a bit strange problem on Partition C in a relatively old lap top running Windows 8.1. Its size is 200 Gb and currently there are only 12.9 Gb free out of 200. Since a week the available space is continuously reducing of 3-5 Gb/daily in absence on any activity. I...
  3. Storage problem on partition C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage problem on partition C: I have a bit strange problem on Partition C in a relatively old lap top running Windows 8.1. Its size is 200 Gb and currently there are only 12.9 Gb free out of 200. Since a week the available space is continuously reducing of 3-5 Gb/daily in absence on any activity. I...
  4. Storage problem on C partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage problem on C partition: I Have a bit strange problem on a bit old lap top running Windows 8.1 pro English Since a few days the free space on C Partition Windows is constantly reducing and now is 12 GB out of 200 of the partition. I Have scanned the disk with Windows defender and Avast and no virus,...
  5. Storage problem on C partition

Storage problem on C partition: I Have a bit strange problem on a bit old lap top running Windows 8.1 pro English Since a few days the free space on C Partition Windows is constantly reducing and now is 12 GB out of 200 of the partition. I Have scanned the disk with Windows defender and Avast and no virus,...
  6. how to increase storage local disk c

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to increase storage local disk c: how to increase storage capacity local disk c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-storage-local-disk-c/771d87b2-c277-496b-9dd2-c01e4457cdf5
  7. how to increase storage local disk c

how to increase storage local disk c: how to increase storage capacity local disk c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-storage-local-disk-c/771d87b2-c277-496b-9dd2-c01e4457cdf5
  8. How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?: I have Huawei matebook 14 i7 thant I have purchased 6 months agothe storage partition is set to C:\ 120 GBD:\ 335 GBSince most programs are saved on C:\ , the space is consumed up very quickly and I only have 30 GB free space leftI want to decrease D:\ storage and increase...
  9. How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?

How to increase the storage of C:\ partition storage?: I have Huawei matebook 14 i7 thant I have purchased 6 months agothe storage partition is set to C:\ 120 GBD:\ 335 GBSince most programs are saved on C:\ , the space is consumed up very quickly and I only have 30 GB free space leftI want to decrease D:\ storage and increase...
  10. Storage Increase

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Increase: How do I get more gigobytes for my storage? They say I am exceeding the 50 gigobytes I pay 6.99 a month for on windows 7. I have upgraded to windows 10 now. I also have a new card. They wont be able to charge me now. I need to get more gigobytes? Please help. My phone number...