Windows 10: How to index files in windows 10

Discus and support How to index files in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Files are not being displayed when I search for them by name. I have three hard drives. C; for system. E: for photos and data, and G: for more files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarlinGher1, Mar 26, 2020.

1. How to index files in windows 10

Files are not being displayed when I search for them by name. I have three hard drives. C; for system. E: for photos and data, and G: for more files. photos and data. The files are not displayed when searching by name in the search window. If a file is displayed as a searched for item, the open file location does not seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

M. Gher

:)

MarlinGher1, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

indexing Publisher files

Hi,

What do you mean when you say 'how can I change Publisher to the other filter ?'

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with search and indexing of files and folders. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check the status of the issue. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 26, 2020
  4. How to index files in windows 10

Indexing local files and files stored on OneDrive for Business

Hi Tim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows 10 has a search indexing service that creates as index of all files in your Windows 10 that greatly improves look up speed. We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add folders to Indexing Options.

1. Open Indexing Options by searching for it in search bar.
    2. Click on Modify and choose the folders in the
      Change selected locations.
    3. Then click on OK and Windows will immediately start indexing the new folder.

If you still feel that the searching in Windows needs improvement, kindly provide you suggestions and feedback in
    Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or NO.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

How to index files in windows 10

1. How to index files in windows 10 - Similar Threads - index files

2. Windows 11 - Searching non-indexed locations for file contents - SOLUTION!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Searching non-indexed locations for file contents - SOLUTION!: I discovered like so many others that searching for some keyword text in files in a non-indexed folder in Windows 11 DID NOT WORK.Lots of threads posted, lot's of suggested "solutions", lot's of frustrated Windows 11 users trying those "solutions/fixed" and still the...
  3. Windows 11 - Searching non-indexed locations for file contents - SOLUTION!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Searching non-indexed locations for file contents - SOLUTION!: I discovered like so many others that searching for some keyword text in files in a non-indexed folder in Windows 11 DID NOT WORK.Lots of threads posted, lot's of suggested "solutions", lot's of frustrated Windows 11 users trying those "solutions/fixed" and still the...
  4. Search Indexing keeps turning off - Always having to scan my computer for corrupted files,...

in Cortana
    Search Indexing keeps turning off - Always having to scan my computer for corrupted files,...: It was about a month again when I first encountered that my search indexing was turned off, this was during school and I searched the internet for solutions. I found that I had to scan my laptop, rebuild the index, troubleshoot and also restart and stop/start the windows...
  5. Visio files .vsdx are not indexing properly in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visio files .vsdx are not indexing properly in windows 11: While searching .VSDX files in Windows 11 with Visio 2016 pro it is showing as an open file location in browser instead of an open file locationThe issue is only with .VSDX files and all other files are behaving properly....
  6. Visio files .vsdx are not indexing properly in windows 11

Visio files .vsdx are not indexing properly in windows 11: While searching .VSDX files in Windows 11 with Visio 2016 pro it is showing as an open file location in browser instead of an open file locationThe issue is only with .VSDX files and all other files are behaving properly....
  7. All personal files missing after changing indexing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All personal files missing after changing indexing Windows 11: I uninstalled OneDrive as I did not want to store my files on OneDrive but my search function was still indexing files in OneDrive and slowing the search down. After trying to make some changes in the indexing, all my files are missing and I cannot find them manually or...
  8. All personal files missing after changing indexing Windows 11

All personal files missing after changing indexing Windows 11: I uninstalled OneDrive as I did not want to store my files on OneDrive but my search function was still indexing files in OneDrive and slowing the search down. After trying to make some changes in the indexing, all my files are missing and I cannot find them manually or...
  9. Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.: So I've been having problems with my pc crashing and freezing while I'm playing games lately and I tried to look for what it is. I used sfc/scannow and chkdsk on the command prompt and the first one showed no errors while the second one found nothing in the first stage and in...
  10. Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.: So I've been having problems with my pc crashing and freezing while I'm playing games lately and I tried to look for what it is. I used sfc/scannow and chkdsk on the command prompt and the first one showed no errors while the second one found nothing in the first stage and in...