Windows 10: How to initialize a char array with double quotes not printable escape characters in C++

Discus and support How to initialize a char array with double quotes not printable escape characters in C++ in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am trying to initialize a character array with double quotes inside of the array. I am never going to print the array out, so I do not need the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Derek Todd, Feb 3, 2023.

1. How to initialize a char array with double quotes not printable escape characters in C++

Hi,I am trying to initialize a character array with double quotes inside of the array. I am never going to print the array out, so I do not need the printable escape characcter \". I want to be able to read and compare the double quote inside of the array in the program. Is there a way to do this. The char array is very large so initializing the char array like this will not work:char hello[6] = { 'h', 'e', 'l', 'l', 'o', '/0' };Here is a small portion of the character array I am trying to initialize: char BankgothicFont[] = {"char id = "39" x =

:)

Derek Todd, Feb 3, 2023

2. double characters

Hi Jay, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check if your keyboard is faulty. Connect the keyboard to a different USB port (if it is a USB keyboard) or a different computer.

If your keyboard is not a culprit, perform the steps below to disable Num Lock:

- Go to the Start menu to find On-Screen Keyboard, open the On-Screen Keyboard and check if characters are doubled when typing

- If the characters are doubled when typing, type a character to check if the Fn + Num Lock keys are highlighted while typing

- If yes, press Fn + Num Lock keys together on the keyboard to disable the active Num Lock and check if it helps.

If Num Lock key is active, it results in characters being typed twice.

Max Newman, Feb 3, 2023
  3. Rhino's "I need Java help" thread

I've done something similar before and what I did was create masks...

Step 1: Count the number of unique characters in the string. e.g. "blamo" has five unique characters.

Step 2: Create a "Mask" class or struct which has two definitions in it: 1) A String or char that represents this mask and 2) a String which holds the mask for that character.

Step 3: Create an array of class "mask", one for each unique character. Everything not that character has an underscore. e.g. "b____", "_l___", "__a__" etc.

Step 4: Make a MergeMask class which accepts two masks (or strings) and returns one string. This is a simple for loop where if value not equal to an underscore, copy to the output string. e.g. "b____" and "__a__" returns "b_a__"

Step 5: When they type a character, search your Mask array for a match. If no match, that's a strike against them. If it is a match you use the Step 4 method to make an output value.

I just checked how to get a char from a string:
    Code: String mystring = "blamo"; mystring.charAt(4); // 'o' mystring.charAt(0); // 'b'[/quote] You could always stick to a byte array too. It's easy to convert from string, to bytes, and back to string.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 3, 2023
  4. How to initialize a char array with double quotes not printable escape characters in C++

Rhino's "I need Java help" thread

[/quote]You could always stick to a byte array too. It's easy to convert from string, to bytes, and back to string. Click to expand... wow you posted this just as i updated my posting. the charAt() is going to come in very handy. i figure im going to keep it simple. im going to use the readLine() to get user's secret word and then output it as a mask.

now i just need to figure out how to get a String into a JFrame.

Easy Rhino, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

How to initialize a char array with double quotes not printable escape characters in C++

1. How to initialize a char array with double quotes not printable escape characters in C++ - Similar Threads - initialize char array

2. Double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´: I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop and for no apparent reason the keyboard starts typing double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´. This makes it impossible to type acute vowels á, ó, etc. and letters with tilde ã, ñ, etc.. Or, I should say the keyboard doesn't wait for me to...
  3. Double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´: I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop and for no apparent reason the keyboard starts typing double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´. This makes it impossible to type acute vowels á, ó, etc. and letters with tilde ã, ñ, etc.. Or, I should say the keyboard doesn't wait for me to...
  4. How to initialize a char array with double quotes not printable escape characters in C++

How to initialize a char array with double quotes not printable escape characters in C++: Hi,I am trying to initialize a character array with double quotes inside of the array. I am never going to print the array out, so I do not need the printable escape characcter \". I want to be able to read and compare the double quote inside of the array in the program. Is...
  5. How to escape special characters in SC Config command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to escape special characters in SC Config command: Hi Everyone,I'm trying to log on in one service with a specific user and password so I run this command in command line:SC config ServiceName type= "own" obj= "user" Password= "password"Supposedly everything is ok because the message I get is:[SC] ChangeServiceConfig...
  6. How to escape special characters in SC Config command

How to escape special characters in SC Config command: Hi Everyone,I'm trying to log on in one service with a specific user and password so I run this command in command line:SC config ServiceName type= "own" obj= "user" Password= "password"Supposedly everything is ok because the message I get is:[SC] ChangeServiceConfig...
  7. Stop double quotes on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop double quotes on Windows 11: Let me explain:I have a 60% keyboard with the US layout, I used to use US-INTL to have the ''é'' and etc, but now whenever I type the quote to make an é it does double quotes, I tried everything and nothing is stopping it, can someone help me?I need to have the accents for...
  8. Stop double quotes on Windows 11

Stop double quotes on Windows 11: Let me explain:I have a 60% keyboard with the US layout, I used to use US-INTL to have the ''é'' and etc, but now whenever I type the quote to make an é it does double quotes, I tried everything and nothing is stopping it, can someone help me?I need to have the accents for...
  9. Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10: This problem has been reported many times with previous versions of Windows - and the fix has always been to change the keyboard from US International to US Standard. Brief description of the problem for those not familiar: Pressing a quote - or double quote - does not...
  10. double characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    double characters: I’ve encountered a problem with my keyboard. When I am pressing the key, I get a double character https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-characters/107dc2ea-1181-4236-9328-1153fa7c3710