Windows 10: How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard

Discus and support How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I try to insert a document or an image into whiteboard, it gives me an "unknown error message" with this underneath:Whiteboard Correlation Id:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by E Dobson, Apr 22, 2024.

1. E Dobson Win User

How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard

Whenever I try to insert a document or an image into whiteboard, it gives me an "unknown error message" with this underneath:Whiteboard Correlation Id: 4624498b-5be9-40c8-89e7-f760bd98d5c82024-04-22T05:28:22.819ZHow can I fix this so I can insert images and documents into my whiteboard again?Also why is there no whiteboard option in the apps section in the dropdown menus in this form? It would be much easier to reach people who could help if there was one?

:)

E Dobson, Apr 22, 2024
  2. AmericaIU Win User

Why is the document icon gone on Microsoft whiteboard?

Hello there! I'm currently having some issues with my Microsoft whiteboard. The document icon no longer appears on my whiteboard. Few months ago I was able to insert PDFs. And now I'm not able to do so, is there a way to bring back the document icon?

AmericaIU, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Microsoft Whiteboard documentation

My installation of Microsoft Whiteboard looks nothing like the undated documentation on the Microsoft Whiteboard help site. I don't know if the documentation is outdated or if I'm looking at the wrong documentation or there's something wrong with my installation. I've tried repairing the app and resetting it without effect. A blank whiteboard on my installation looks like this with the settings menu open. Also, I don't know if Whiteboard is part of Windows or part of my Microsoft 365 subscription. So I don't know the appropriate category for this question. I guessed Windows. Can someone direct me to something that makes sense?

How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard E6A6gXy%2B7xAtpwBN%2FkOmwRVehov%2BASqZdYQxE74iP1konlY2st3beRfT7Cdf%2FCtRMd0quPnXuGsDm%2FWZkgQ%3D.png

jaygourley, Apr 22, 2024
  4. How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard

Whiteboard

Hi LB -601,

As you post your question in Germay language and since in Microsoft Education category there is no German language category available. So, I reply in English language.

As per your description, after translate it seems, you are unable to insert PDF files in Microsoft whiteboard after last updates.

Based on my test result in Microsoft whiteboard app version 21.11104.103 and I can insert PDF file document via click on Document option and then sleeted the PDF file. See image below for your reference:

How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard 20b6de94-7c6e-468b-808b-56b6e5d54588?upload=true.png

How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard c6ec398d-ecd7-4a06-a904-cf93c98610bb?upload=true.png

However, if I sign-in Microsoft whiteboard using Microsoft personal account then I cannot see option to insert PDF file into Microsoft whiteboard app.

How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard b54c75c0-5816-4238-9155-986261c2484b?upload=true.png

If you don’t mind, could you please confirm are you sign-in Microsoft whiteboard using personal account?

I appreciate your understanding and stay safe!!

Best Regards

Waqas Muhammad

[Updated by MSFT Support, 09:35 AM Thursday, 30 November 2021 (UTC)]

Waqas Muhammad MSFT, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard

1. How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard - Similar Threads - insert document image

2. How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard: Whenever I try to insert a document or an image into whiteboard, it gives me an "unknown error message" with this underneath:Whiteboard Correlation Id: 4624498b-5be9-40c8-89e7-f760bd98d5c82024-04-22T05:28:22.819ZHow can I fix this so I can insert images and documents into my...
  3. How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard: Whenever I try to insert a document or an image into whiteboard, it gives me an "unknown error message" with this underneath:Whiteboard Correlation Id: 4624498b-5be9-40c8-89e7-f760bd98d5c82024-04-22T05:28:22.819ZHow can I fix this so I can insert images and documents into my...
  4. Microsoft Whiteboard documentation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Whiteboard documentation: My installation of Microsoft Whiteboard looks nothing like the undated documentation on the Microsoft Whiteboard help site. I don't know if the documentation is outdated or if I'm looking at the wrong documentation or there's something wrong with my installation. I've tried...
  5. Microsoft Whiteboard documentation

Microsoft Whiteboard documentation: My installation of Microsoft Whiteboard looks nothing like the undated documentation on the Microsoft Whiteboard help site. I don't know if the documentation is outdated or if I'm looking at the wrong documentation or there's something wrong with my installation. I've tried...
  6. The newest version of the whiteboard does not show the function of inserting images from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The newest version of the whiteboard does not show the function of inserting images from...: When I launched a new board, it popped up that I currently could add images from Bing search, however, as I clicked the image under the create category, it remains the path of my local file explorer. I am looking forward to getting solutions. Thank you....
  7. The newest version of the whiteboard does not show the function of inserting images from...

The newest version of the whiteboard does not show the function of inserting images from...: When I launched a new board, it popped up that I currently could add images from Bing search, however, as I clicked the image under the create category, it remains the path of my local file explorer. I am looking forward to getting solutions. Thank you....
  8. insert a scanned document into a word document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    insert a scanned document into a word document: How do I insert a scanned document into a word document . There is no tab for document in Insert options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insert-a-scanned-document-into-a-word-document/1af9c9a4-d395-4999-b43d-7989c402dc46
  9. Inserting a picture in a Word document

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inserting a picture in a Word document: In Windows 10; I can't insert a picture, from my computer, into a Word document. I am following the Help instructions, which are the same as they were for Windows 7. However, the picture doesn't appear in the document, but I do get what looks like a text box. What am I...
  10. Why am I getting the USB insertion sound without inserting anything?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why am I getting the USB insertion sound without inserting anything?: Why do my PC makes sound ( the sound on Windows 10 we get when an USB device is inserted ) even when no device is inserted ? Is this because of any malware ? I have done virus scans today but found none. 59081