Windows 10: How to insert file name and path into footer in Word 2010

Discus and support How to insert file name and path into footer in Word 2010 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 20H2 MS Word 2010 Ever since I made the jump from Word 2003 to Word 2010 I've been completely lost. Operations that used to take... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by CluelessInSeatl, Jun 7, 2021.

1. How to insert file name and path into footer in Word 2010

Windows 10 Version 20H2 MS Word 2010 Ever since I made the jump from Word 2003 to Word 2010 I've been completely lost. Operations that used to take just a few seconds to perform, now have me losing hours hunting through the ribbons trying to figure out out to perform them. And when I Google for help, the instructions I find on the web don't seem to match the way my version of Word behaves. You folks have been very patient with me, so I'm hoping some kind soul could could walk me through how to insert the filename and path into the footer of a document? Will in Seattle a.k.a. "Clueless"

:)

CluelessInSeatl, Jun 7, 2021

2. PowerPoint Footer

Hi Gloria, I hope this message finds you well. My name is Steven and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you trying the following steps:

Open View, then Slide Master

Scroll the thumbnail list on the left to locate the larger slide master at the top.

Edit the footer on the slide master.

Use the smaller thumbnails below to visit each slide layout. When you are there, uncheck and then recheck Slide Master > Master Layout > Footers. You will see the footer that disappears and appears again with the multiline formatting.

Then open each slide to change it to a different layout. After that, change it back again. You will see the footer that appears in a multiline format. The Reset button will not help you.

If the steps above don’t help you, inheritance is broken in your presentation. This might occur when a presentation is built backward. If it happened, please do the multiline footer with a VBA macro.

____

Steven

Steve Merik, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Xyz[123] Win User
    Putting date in footer of a word document

Hi Edward

I am an independent advisor here to help

to insert date or time into a Microsoft Word document header or footer please reference the following guide me

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/insert...

then, when printing simply make sure that the option to print headers or footers as needed is selected

Xyz[123], Jun 7, 2021
  4. How to insert file name and path into footer in Word 2010

Fields in footers -- Microsoft Word 2016 on Windows 10

How do I insert a field that displays the path of the document in the footer. This used to be possible in earlier versions of Word. i am not sure when it became unavailable, but i am certain that it could be done in versions running
    on Windoes 7.

Robert_Nicol, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

How to insert file name and path into footer in Word 2010

1. How to insert file name and path into footer in Word 2010 - Similar Threads - insert file name

2. insert date & time in header-footer with window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    insert date & time in header-footer with window 10: how to insert both date & time in header-footer with window 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insert-date-time-in-header-footer-with-window-10/fc51a8ac-2357-4549-aeca-4840d57c662e
  3. Word 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word 2010: Word 2010 only prints in black. How do I get it to work as before with colors too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2010/8a9d6c5a-e526-4942-9159-3ec6d6d0e45f
  4. 2010 word

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2010 word: I am writing a personal accounts story of my life for family when I pass. I have placed it on thumb drives for each individual…all in all works fairly well. The problem I have, I am using word 2010, when I hit the review tab and choose final…so all formatting is hidden, I...
  5. Putting date in footer of a word document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Putting date in footer of a word document: How do I put the current date print out in the footer of a word document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/putting-date-in-footer-of-a-word-document/636988e0-33bc-443d-a69d-87bf9e41456d"
  6. Headers and Footers in Word 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Headers and Footers in Word 2016: I just cannot get the hang of this. I used it often in Word 2003, but NOT even close in Word 2016. I know I can Insert a Footer or Page Numbers in Word 2016. When I am doing it I can see the page number at the bottom of the page (centered where I want them), but then I...
  7. Word 365 strange lines in header and footer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 365 strange lines in header and footer: Hi, Strangely today I have opened word 365 and its now displaying what I can only assume are page line markers however I cannot find the option to remove them (located on either side of the header and footer) Does anyone know how to remove them? While not in itself a...
  8. Microsoft word 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft word 2010: I ran a fix me stick in my computer! Loosed my internet Explorer and my Microsoft word 2010 and my HP printer I got back my Explorer by redown loading now how do I get back my Microsoft word? If I reinstall it will I loose all of my things on it? Also How do I do it? Rich.K...
  9. Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 files disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 files disappeared: I unintentionally uninstalled Windows 10 yesterday by restoring Windows 7. I immediately reinstalled Windows 10 but now my Microsoft Word and Excel 2010 shortcuts don't allow me access and say they are not installed and I can't find where I can get them back....
  10. How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?: Hi All, Any way to get/display the full path and file name of a file? It's easy to get the full path, but I want to get the path and file name. I know I can grab them separately. Can I get them together? How? I did a google and youtube search and didn't find any hits....