Windows 10: How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows

Discus and support How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to know is there any way to insert text symbols and special characters in windows 10? As we can type emoji with shortcut key of Windows+.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Im_Sunny_99, Nov 9, 2020.

1. How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows

I want to know is there any way to insert text symbols and special characters in windows 10?

As we can type emoji with shortcut key of Windows+.

Is there any similar shortcut key for symbols as well, where we can type symbols along with the text?

Thank you.

:)

Im_Sunny_99, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to insert symbols

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to insert symbols. However, it would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “My Windows 10 will not allow me to insert symbols” what happens when you try to insert symbols?
    • In which application are you trying to insert symbols?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

Meanwhile, you may want to try downloading fonts for all the languages and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Personalization and select
      Fonts from the left pane.
    3. Now, click on the link that says Download fonts for all languages.
    4. Restart the computer.

For additional information, see
    How to Use Special Characters in Windows Documents

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 9, 2020
  3. What is the link to special Characters and symbols

Hello Barry,

The tutorial below can help show you how to open and use Character Map in Windows 10 to insert special characters and symbols with.

Open and Use Character Map in Windows

Shawn Brink, Nov 9, 2020
  4. How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows

What is the link to special Characters and symbols

where do I find special characters and symbols on windows 10. f/eg Ω
    ÷
    ÷

Thank you

barrydavies3, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows

1. How to insert text symbols and special characters in windows - Similar Threads - insert text symbols

2. Searching within text files for a phrase with special characters?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching within text files for a phrase with special characters?: I have hundreds of plain text files chat logs, to be specific, and I need to find instances of a phrase explicitly in SQUARE BRACKETS e.g. [Phrase Here]. The phrase in question appears very often without the brackets, so trying to manually sort through File Explorer search...
  3. Searching within text files for a phrase with special characters?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching within text files for a phrase with special characters?: I have hundreds of plain text files chat logs, to be specific, and I need to find instances of a phrase explicitly in SQUARE BRACKETS e.g. [Phrase Here]. The phrase in question appears very often without the brackets, so trying to manually sort through File Explorer search...
  4. Searching within text files for a phrase with special characters?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to type text symbols and special characters in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to type text symbols and special characters in windows: I want to know is there any way to type text symbols and special characters in windows 10? As we can type emoji with shortcut key of Windows+. Is there any similar shortcut key for symbols as well, where we can type symbols along with the text? Thank you....
  6. Find symbols/special characters in Windows 10 !!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Find symbols/special characters in Windows 10 !!!: Windows 10 lets us search for emojis by bringing the Emoji panel (WIN + .) and typing the emoji name. But why doesn’t it let us search for symbols? It has a Symbols panel and zillions of special characters in it. But I never manage to find the symbol I'm looking for...
  7. Dropping a special character into text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropping a special character into text: A few years ago I used to have a facility, when typing a document, to drag a special character, eg a mathematical symbol, from a small font app displayed at the side of my text, and drop it into the body of my document. I have looked everywhere for this little app which,...
  8. Inserting symbols

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inserting symbols: I'm using WIN10 but this OS doesn’t let me insert symbols as I did in Wingdings. Moreover a lot of fonts are grayed out in the Fonts folder. Can you help me to solve out this problem?...
  9. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  10. Windows 10 tip: Access symbols, emojis, and other special characters

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 tip: Access symbols, emojis, and other special characters: Entering special characters, including foreign currency symbols, fractions, and emoji, is a cumbersome task on most physical keyboards. Use this hidden Windows 10 option to open an on-screen keyboard that puts all those options at your fingertips. By Ed Bott for The Ed...