Windows 10: how to instal w10 from cd

Discus and support how to instal w10 from cd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, please tell me, in detail, steps which I must to follow, to install w 10 from cd, but to save my data on disk d. thank you! best regards... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nicolae727, Oct 6, 2018.

1. how to instal w10 from cd

hi,

please tell me, in detail, steps which I must to follow, to install w 10 from cd, but to save my data on disk d.

thank you!

best regards

:)

Nicolae727, Oct 6, 2018

2. How do I install a new programme with a CD on W10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access the files and folders from external hard drive, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which are the programs you are trying to install from CD?
    • Are you facing any issues in installing the program?

If you are referring to installing a program from CD, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Insert the CD into the computer and check if it is detected on File Explorer
      by pressing Windows + E keys.
    • Double click on the drive with the CD, search for the program, right click on the Setup file
      and execute the program.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Unable to install dictonary from CD

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to install?

• Did you receive any error message?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Is the issue specific to a particular CD or are you able to read other files from other discs?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the particular application that you are trying to install is compatible with Windows 10.

You may also copy all of the content inside the CD to a folder and try to install it in compatibility mode.

Please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program.

2) Click on Properties.

3) Click on Compatibility tab.

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode (try different Operating systems) and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

Please do let us know whether you are able to install the application successfully after following the above steps. If you require further assistance, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 6, 2018
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

how to instal w10 from cd

Installing XP without a CD drive

Follow these steps:

1. Create a boot floppy on a Windows 98 machine. (or get it here: http://files.frashii.com/~bootdisk/alabama/boot98se.exe)
    2. Boot your new machine with the boot floppy using the "boot with CDROM support" option.
    3. Place the Windows 98 CD into the CDROM and at the c: prompt navigate to the Windows 98 directory on the CD. <--- you can skip this step, by dling smartdrv.exe and xcopy.exe over the web and copying it to the floppy
    4. Start smartdrv.exe and copy the xcopy.exe command to the c:root. (If you can't find it you can easily download a copy from the Web.)
    5. Put the XP CD in and xcopy the installation folder (I386) to the C: drive.
    6. Switch to the copied folder and type winnt.exe (the XP installation command).
    7. Windows XP will now install itself.

Thema:

how to instal w10 from cd

1. how to instal w10 from cd - Similar Threads - instal w10

2. Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...: Q2: I understood that W11 Home edition would not permit activation 0f Bitlocker but it seemed to be available. If I have activated it, can I de-activate, uninstall? And will that remove the need to install KB5034441???? I do not have the skills to do this and did not I needed...
  3. Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...: Q2: I understood that W11 Home edition would not permit activation 0f Bitlocker but it seemed to be available. If I have activated it, can I de-activate, uninstall? And will that remove the need to install KB5034441???? I do not have the skills to do this and did not I needed...
  4. Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installing W10 from USB

Installing W10 from USB: HiHP Pavillion 500 desktop, 10 years old and painfully slow.Was running Windows 8.1. I purchased W10 to upgrade. Could not install on HP after downloading, starts and fails every time. So ended up downloading on HP laptop, along with Rufus assistant. Transferred both onto...
  6. Installing W10 from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing W10 from USB: HiHP Pavillion 500 desktop, 10 years old and painfully slow.Was running Windows 8.1. I purchased W10 to upgrade. Could not install on HP after downloading, starts and fails every time. So ended up downloading on HP laptop, along with Rufus assistant. Transferred both onto...
  7. Installing W10 from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?: Have four w10 machines. One laptop went white screen of death. Created a usb recovery drive. wants proof of purchase code. **** where do I find it? Have the cute little proof of purchase stickers from the OLD win 7 machines, my NT original discs, my disc with original windows...
  9. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?: Have four w10 machines. One laptop went white screen of death. Created a usb recovery drive. wants proof of purchase code. **** where do I find it? Have the cute little proof of purchase stickers from the OLD win 7 machines, my NT original discs, my disc with original windows...
  10. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging