Windows 10: How to install a file into the system 32 file

Discus and support How to install a file into the system 32 file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to install the file MSVCR71 into the system 32 file so that I can install a viewer to view some CT and MRI disc of my spine. I have downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by squid13, Jul 27, 2016.

1. squid13 Win User

How to install a file into the system 32 file

I need to install the file MSVCR71 into the system 32 file so that I can install a viewer to view some CT and MRI disc of my spine. I have downloaded the file on to my computer so I have it ready to install.

:)

squid13, Jul 27, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jul 27, 2016
  3. How to recover system 32 file after deleting it

deleted system 32 along with some other important files on windows 10 I know I'm a noob so is there a way to fix it I have the windows 8 disk

I deleted system 32- Original Title

Carlos127a, Jul 27, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

You don't give the extension of the file so we don't know how to install. If it's s .DLL it may work copied to the path which you can see by typing at a cmd prompt set but it may have to be registered

Samuria, Jul 27, 2016
  5. squid13 Win User
    Sorry about that, it is MSVCR71.dll

squid13, Jul 28, 2016
  6. caperjack Win User
    just copy and past it to system32 folder

caperjack, Jul 28, 2016
  7. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Jul 28, 2016
  8. squid13 Win User

I copied and pasted it into the system 32 file and did a restart and it is still telling me that I am missing that file when I try to load this viewer.

squid13, Jul 28, 2016
  9. RolandJS Win User
    Have you already tried to copy that dll into the home directory of the program you're installing? I mean having already created the necessary directory and having copied that dll into said directory, then having run the install?

RolandJS, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to install a file into the system 32 file - Similar Threads - install file system

2. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted system 32 files: Hey i have a dell and someone told me to delete system32 file for better fps and i changed the administration of the file to my own account to try and delete and it might have deleted some file what do i do in this situation it just takes me to environment recovery? i have no...
  3. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted system 32 files: Hey i have a dell and someone told me to delete system32 file for better fps and i changed the administration of the file to my own account to try and delete and it might have deleted some file what do i do in this situation it just takes me to environment recovery? i have no...
  4. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I repair my system 32 file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I repair my system 32 file?: While trying to play a virtual reality game on steam I get this popup, I don't know what to do. I've run sfc /scannow and it said ALL of my files were perfectly fine....
  6. How do I repair my system 32 file?

How do I repair my system 32 file?: While trying to play a virtual reality game on steam I get this popup, I don't know what to do. I've run sfc /scannow and it said ALL of my files were perfectly fine....
  7. Virus in system 32 file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus in system 32 file: i got a virus on my pc with rufus i removed the program but it still has a file that i cannot delete in the folder system32 is there a way i can remove it. any thing i tried it says denied acsess. it also wont wlow me to resore my pc....
  8. Virus in system 32 file

Virus in system 32 file: i got a virus on my pc with rufus i removed the program but it still has a file that i cannot delete in the folder system32 is there a way i can remove it. any thing i tried it says denied acsess. it also wont wlow me to resore my pc....
  9. System 32 dll file problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System 32 dll file problem: I tried to get into a file folder but came across a corrupt file message. The laptop then tried to "repair the hard drive" twice although it might have been stage 1 and stage 2. I've re-set Windows three times and added all my Apps back on 3 times. I've gone through Windows...
  10. File:\windows\system:32\bootwinload.exeHHo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File:\windows\system:32\bootwinload.exeHHo: How do I load this file on a restore USB Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/filewindowssystem32bootwinloadexehho/e0c90c44-2f7b-4556-aba3-55fc9682bad1