Windows 10: How to install a fresh geniune copy on a formatted device

Discus and support How to install a fresh geniune copy on a formatted device in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Dears, I have an HP Envy notebook bought with a genuine Windows 10 Home edition. I formatted the device and now don't have the original source to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ahmed Abdelraheem, Apr 18, 2020.

1. How to install a fresh geniune copy on a formatted device

Hi Dears,

I have an HP Envy notebook bought with a genuine Windows 10 Home edition. I formatted the device and now don't have the original source to install a fresh copy of Windows.

Appreciate your support guys.

Thank you.

:)

Ahmed Abdelraheem, Apr 18, 2020

2. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Cyberz Win User

How to install a fresh geniune copy on a formatted device

"reboot and select proper boot device" after fresh install

I understand your logic.
    But that is not what is happening.
    See.

How to install a fresh geniune copy on a formatted device [​IMG]

It simply won't go.

On the other hand, if I take this path... brings me to W10 from where I'm posting *Smile

How to install a fresh geniune copy on a formatted device [​IMG]

Cyberz, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

How to install a fresh geniune copy on a formatted device

1. How to install a fresh geniune copy on a formatted device - Similar Threads - install fresh geniune

2. how to download and install an original copy of windows 11 on a formatted system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to download and install an original copy of windows 11 on a formatted system: And a step by step process or video please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-and-install-an-original-copy-of/25f37ce8-a933-48cc-869c-7734895d3bcc
  3. Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10: I’ve seen several articles talking about to install Windows, but they didn’t quite have the same characteristics of what I have, so I just wanted to double-check before I mess something up.I’ve had this computer for several years, and Windows was originally installed on a...
  4. Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10: I’ve seen several articles talking about to install Windows, but they didn’t quite have the same characteristics of what I have, so I just wanted to double-check before I mess something up.I’ve had this computer for several years, and Windows was originally installed on a...
  5. Installing a totally fresh copy of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How to install a fresh copy of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to install a fresh copy of Windows 10?: All attempts to upgrade my wife's HP Pavillion PC have failed. So I'm planning on installing a fresh copy using the link below. My question is, will the Windows licenses work, i.e., not be deleted in the process?...
  7. How can I slim down Win10 disk usage without formating or installing a fresh copy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I slim down Win10 disk usage without formating or installing a fresh copy?: First things first, formating and repartitioning is a hard no. Fresh installing isn't much of an option either. This is why I made this post, in the first place. Seriously guys, this computer is driving me bananas. So I'm having a bit of trouble with a laptop. There's this...
  8. Complete format and fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complete format and fresh install: Hi everyone: I am in the process of organizing my digital files and backing them up before I do a fresh install of Windows 10. Quick question: Is this the best/only way to do a complete fresh install? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh I...
  9. Problem with install of fresh copy of win 10

Problem with install of fresh copy of win 10: During install of fresh copy of win 10 got stop clock error on blue screen. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/problem-with-install-of-fresh-copy-of-win-10/ea92da82-94aa-4a2c-91ce-e9092f0eace1
  10. If I format & install fresh and it does not work - what then?

If I format & install fresh and it does not work - what then?: Ok, I have an answer here in the forum that I can format and install brand new with 1803. My new question is, if I do that and it doesn't work then there is no way to go back to a former install. How can a person pull out of that? I could not get past 1703 for days on end,...