Windows 10: How to install a game that was bought before to a new PC?

Discus and support How to install a game that was bought before to a new PC? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have purchased a new PC. The problem is that I want to install a game that I bought via Microsoft Store last year. When I go to the store it wants me... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Hanna Fly, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Hanna Fly Win User

How to install a game that was bought before to a new PC?

I have purchased a new PC. The problem is that I want to install a game that I bought via Microsoft Store last year. When I go to the store it wants me to purchase it again.

:)

Hanna Fly, Sep 22, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Sep 22, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Darkleoco Win User

OFFICIAL   Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim (Discussion)

First step is to download the official HD texture pack.

Darkleoco, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How to install a game that was bought before to a new PC? - Similar Threads - install game was

2. Bought a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a new PC: I bought a used PC from someone thru Facebook marketplace. Last night I was trying to delet all of the past owners administration on it and restart the whole computer to factory from 0.Now it’s at a stage we’re apparently something’s got deleted I assume but when I turn the...
  3. Bought a new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought a new PC: I bought a used PC from someone thru Facebook marketplace. Last night I was trying to delet all of the past owners administration on it and restart the whole computer to factory from 0.Now it’s at a stage we’re apparently something’s got deleted I assume but when I turn the...
  4. Bought a new PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows shows a program was installed before I bought the computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shows a program was installed before I bought the computer?: I asked this question before but got no replies so I thought I would make it a more general question. Previous post here: - HP Sure Run shows an install date 10 months before PC was setup? More general post here: - HP EliteDesk 705 G5 Desktop Mini PC running Windows 10 Pro...
  6. How long should it take before I can install a game I bought?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How long should it take before I can install a game I bought?: I just bought Forza Horizen 4 in the windows store expecting that it would be available directly after I made the purchase. However this isn't the case. I paid using Ideal via the browser. There was a pop-up that told me that as soon as I was ready with the paiment that I...
  7. New installation on store bought HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New installation on store bought HDD: I've partitioned and formatted the HDD ntfs from the Shift F10 prompt of the media tool. however i get this error code 0x8007025D installation failure I'm racking my brain as to why, any thoughts?...
  8. Bought a game and i cant install it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bought a game and i cant install it: I bought forza horizon 4 ultimate edition and i cant download it. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-a-game-and-i-cant-install-it/72e34dd8-b395-4f5c-ac46-60d9461ebbe5
  9. I bought a game but cant install it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a game but cant install it: I bought minecraft on the Microsoft store but I cant install it. It says I need "ARM" compared to the 64-bit I have now. I have no idea what that means and I just want to play the game I bought...
  10. Bought Game Pass for the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Game Pass for the PC: I have bought Game Pass for the PC and i am unable to download games that are included within the game pass https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-game-pass-for-the-pc/bd88e31a-8b60-4fd5-9158-52f29b9dbdc6