Windows 10: How to install a second copy of a printer using IPP

Discus and support How to install a second copy of a printer using IPP in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am attempting to install a second copy of a network printer on my Windows 10 Home machine using the steps outlined... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joe S. V, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Joe S. V Win User

How to install a second copy of a printer using IPP

I am attempting to install a second copy of a network printer on my Windows 10 Home machine using the steps outlined here:https://www.howtogeek.com/362957/how-to-install-the-same-printer-twice-with-different-settings-on-windows/The problem appears when I try to select the print driver from the list. The printer is using "Microsoft IPP Class Driver," but that is not appearing as an option when installing the second copy. I double checked in Control Panel / Programs / Turn Windows Features On Or Off,and Internet Printing Client is turned on. Additionally, I know it's working because

:)

Joe S. V, Feb 27, 2024

2. IPP option not listed in drop down while adding a printer.. how to get the "IPP" option to add a printer?

In my Windows 10 pro, I want to give IPP-PIN protected print.. But unable to do so as "IPP" option not listed in the drop down of - Add a printer > Device type

How to install a second copy of a printer using IPP c0012772-78ab-4b90-b8de-8d0dc7b0f4dc?upload=true.png

shekhar shwetha, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Uunable to add IPP Printer

When I am trying to add an internet printing protocol (IPP) printer, I receive an error code: 0x000000d

ShaneShipp, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Knowpayne Win User

Microsoft IPP Class Driver only offers Grayscale and Monochrome for printer after Win11 upgrade

I had the problem with the IPP Class Driver as well after upgrading to Windows 11. To resolve the issue without uninstalling and reinstalling the printer, I did the following:

1. Click the Settings icon.

2. Go to "Bluetooth & devices".

3. Go to "Printers & scanners".

4. Click on the printer in the list that you wish to resolve the problem for.

5. Click on "Printer properties".

6. Go to the "Advanced" tab.

7. In the "Driver:" field/list, click on the entry that indicates the correct printer name (will show "Microsoft IPP Class Driver" before you select the correct printer name).

8. Go to the "Ports" tab.

9. Click on the entry that lists the correct printer brand/printer name (will show "WSD- ... IPP Port" before you select the correct port).

10. Click on the "Apply" button in the lower right corner, then exit.

This may be all that is required, but I have always shut the printer down, did a restart on my laptop, and then restarted the printer before testing that the printing works fine, including providing the complete options when going to the printer Properties.

Good luck. Hope this works for all.

Knowpayne, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

1. How to install a second copy of a printer using IPP - Similar Threads - install second copy

2. How to install a second copy of a printer using IPP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install a second copy of a printer using IPP: I am attempting to install a second copy of a network printer on my Windows 10 Home machine using the steps outlined here:https://www.howtogeek.com/362957/how-to-install-the-same-printer-twice-with-different-settings-on-windows/The problem appears when I try to select the...
  3. How to install a second copy of a printer using IPP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to install a second copy of a printer using IPP: I am attempting to install a second copy of a network printer on my Windows 10 Home machine using the steps outlined here:https://www.howtogeek.com/362957/how-to-install-the-same-printer-twice-with-different-settings-on-windows/The problem appears when I try to select the...
  4. how to make the Window Add Printer For Protocol WSD and IPP in C#

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make the Window Add Printer For Protocol WSD and IPP in C#: I want to create a window similar to the Windows ADD Printer window in C#, which prompts the user for an IP address and automatically adds the printer, retrieving the driver, printer name, and any necessary details from the IP. Please help, thank you.I want to simulate this...
  5. how to make the Window Add Printer For Protocol WSD and IPP in C#

how to make the Window Add Printer For Protocol WSD and IPP in C#: I want to create a window similar to the Windows ADD Printer window in C#, which prompts the user for an IP address and automatically adds the printer, retrieving the driver, printer name, and any necessary details from the IP. Please help, thank you.I want to simulate this...
  6. IPP option not listed in drop down while adding a printer.. how to get the "IPP" option to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IPP option not listed in drop down while adding a printer.. how to get the "IPP" option to...: In my Windows 10 pro, I want to give IPP-PIN protected print.. But unable to do so as "IPP" option not listed in the drop down of - Add a printer > Device type...
  7. IPP option not listed in drop down while adding a printer.. how to get the "IPP" option to...

IPP option not listed in drop down while adding a printer.. how to get the "IPP" option to...: In my Windows 10 pro, I want to give IPP-PIN protected print.. But unable to do so as "IPP" option not listed in the drop down of - Add a printer > Device type...
  8. IPP option not listed in drop down while adding a printer.. how to get the "IPP" option to...

9. Uunable to add IPP Printer

Uunable to add IPP Printer: When I am trying to add an internet printing protocol (IPP) printer, I receive an error code: 0x000000d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uunable-to-add-ipp-printer/8e5c22c5-a8ee-41e3-b3f5-e8a42e605d54
  10. printer installs copy(1)

printer installs copy(1): Hi I have a brother all in one MCF-j470dw, I have it installed to 2 different laptops both wireless, both dell windows 10 laptops, one works fine, the other one for some reason lost the original printer from devices and printers section now there is only a copy(1) there. I've...