Windows 10: How to install a Speech language and voice pack in Windows 10 via powershell or group policy

Discus and support How to install a Speech language and voice pack in Windows 10 via powershell or group policy in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since a recent windows update we are unable to use text to speech Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge. Checking the Speech Settings it seems that there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dyslexiatech, Feb 13, 2020.

1. How to install a Speech language and voice pack in Windows 10 via powershell or group policy

Since a recent windows update we are unable to use text to speech Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge. Checking the Speech Settings it seems that there is no "Speech Language" set and no voices installed prior to the update there was a UK voice pack installed.

Rather than manually have to install the Speech language and voice pack on each of our machines, how can we install them via powershell or a group policy?

Thanks

:)

dyslexiatech, Feb 13, 2020

2. Speech language pack

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. I can't install new speech language packs.

I went to Settings --> Speech --> Speech language : selected from download list another language like Chinese or Japanese. A popup appears, "Download Speech language?" I select "yes". Underneath the language pack name it says "Downloading language..."
    then it ends and displays "Couldn't download. Tap to retry." I tried this many times, on different wireless networks. I tried different language packs. No luck.

Any suggestions? (this is Nokia Lumia 820, I'm in China)

Settings: language and region has been set to China (I also tried US).

Thanks

miyudreams, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Speech Language packs

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

There are few languages that windows 10 has pre installed in the system itself, I suggest that you check these languages and locate the language that you want to install. Follow the steps below to locate the language.

• Click on the Start Menu, locate and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and Language.
    • Locate and select Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.

If you cannot find the language there you can download a language pack for Windows 10 from the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 13, 2020
  4. How to install a Speech language and voice pack in Windows 10 via powershell or group policy

Speech language pack is not download!!

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share the below information to help you better.

• When you say Language pack it not downloading, do you receive any error message?
    • If yes, what is the error message?

There are few languages that windows 10 has pre installed in the system itself, I suggest that you check these languages and locate the language that you want to install. Follow the steps below to locate the language.

• Click on the Start Menu, locate and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and Language.
    • Locate and select Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.

If you cannot find the language there you can download a language pack for Windows 10 from the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

How to install a Speech language and voice pack in Windows 10 via powershell or group policy

1. How to install a Speech language and voice pack in Windows 10 via powershell or group policy - Similar Threads - install Speech language

2. How to install a language pack with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install a language pack with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting"...: How to install particular language For Ex: Arabic, Italian, Swedish, Spanish etc.. pack in Windows with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting" features enabled from native language pack list when these options are not enabled for the particular language in native...
  3. How to install a language pack with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install a language pack with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting"...: How to install particular language For Ex: Arabic, Italian, Swedish, Spanish etc.. pack in Windows with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting" features enabled from native language pack list when these options are not enabled for the particular language in native...
  4. How to install an application that was published via a group policy object on Windows 11?

How to install an application that was published via a group policy object on Windows 11?: How do I install an application that was PUBLISHED via a group policy object in Windows 11? There is no more Add/Remove Programs, it just takes you to the Apps section of the Settings applet and I don't see anything in there to install the application. I've looked in features...
  5. Group Policy for Powershell Execution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy for Powershell Execution: I enabled "Turn on Script Execution" and only allow signed scripts previously.However, I would like to bypass policy for one specific powershell script without changing my group policy.Is there any way of doing so?I have tried to using the -executionpolicy bypass -file but it...
  6. Group Policy for Powershell Execution

Group Policy for Powershell Execution: I enabled "Turn on Script Execution" and only allow signed scripts previously.However, I would like to bypass policy for one specific powershell script without changing my group policy.Is there any way of doing so?I have tried to using the -executionpolicy bypass -file but it...
  7. Group Policy for Powershell Execution

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to install a voice pack in Windows 10 via powershell or group policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install a voice pack in Windows 10 via powershell or group policy: Since a recent windows update we are unable to use text to speech Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge. Checking the Speech Settings it seems that there are no voice packs installed prior to the update there was a UK voice pack installed. Rather than manually have to install a...
  9. Windows 10 - Local Group Policy (PowerShell)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Local Group Policy (PowerShell): I been looking online and I cant find much on how to automate local group policies for a stand-alone workstation. Not connected to a domain controller or active directory. I wanted to use powershell to do this. Anyone got an idea or point me in the right direction to...
  10. Speech to text ... how to install en-US voice pack

Speech to text ... how to install en-US voice pack: Hi ... I have software which requires the Microsoft Speech Recognizer ... Win10 comes with en-UK installed but I need en-US ... how do I go about getting it??? 19265