Windows 10: How to install a Windows-specific program onto a USB drive

Discus and support How to install a Windows-specific program onto a USB drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, and thank you in advance. I have two computers, an organization-managed Dell Latitude 3300 and a MacBook Air, the former using Windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chiefbigbeef, Aug 22, 2019.

1. How to install a Windows-specific program onto a USB drive

Hello, and thank you in advance.
    I have two computers, an organization-managed Dell Latitude 3300 and a MacBook Air, the former using Windows 10 and the latter running on, of course, OSX. Installation of programs is prohibited onto the PC, however I'd like to install and run a Windows-specific program. Is there any way that I could download the program on the mac, install it on a USB drive and run it on Windows? I suppose my other option is just to download the installer onto my PC, then install it onto the hard drive and run it from Windows. If either of those would work, I would really appreciate it if anybody could tell me how because most of my computer experience is with OSX and Linux.

:)

chiefbigbeef, Aug 22, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 22, 2019
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

4. Agility Win User

How to install a Windows-specific program onto a USB drive

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

How to install a Windows-specific program onto a USB drive

1. How to install a Windows-specific program onto a USB drive - Similar Threads - install specific program

2. How to copy a DVD program onto a thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy a DVD program onto a thumb drive?: I have a DVD that contains medical records, specifically an MRI that contains a special program to view the MRI images. I need to transfer this to a thumb drive, because the hospital no longer has DVD drives. A simple copy and paste doesn't work, of course, because the files...
  3. How to copy a DVD program onto a thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to copy a DVD program onto a thumb drive?: I have a DVD that contains medical records, specifically an MRI that contains a special program to view the MRI images. I need to transfer this to a thumb drive, because the hospital no longer has DVD drives. A simple copy and paste doesn't work, of course, because the files...
  4. How do i install windows onto a usb with a chromebook?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i install windows onto a usb with a chromebook?: Basically what i said in the title is what i need help with. Please and thanks! submitted by /u/keonzneedshelp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4fknj/how_do_i_install_windows_onto_a_usb_with_a/
  5. cant install specific program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant install specific program: Pls help i cant install blender it says system administrator has set policies that prevent this installation, it is only that program. pls help idk if windows dosent know im that i am the admin....
  6. Installing Windows onto a blank initialised drive with USB bootable media

Installing Windows onto a blank initialised drive with USB bootable media: Hi, I have a blank initialised SSD and USB with bootable Win10 on it as downloaded through the official Bootable Media creation tool. When I come to selecting the partition to install on there are partitions 0 and 1 it gives me an error saying it is not the expected...
  7. Installing a specific game to a specific drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing a specific game to a specific drive: Short version: MS Store installs to and launches from C: HDD, I want it to do all that from my E: SSD. Longer version: I recently bought The Outer Worlds on the MS Store. It automatically downloaded to my C: HDD, but I wanted it on my E: SSD. After attempting to move the...
  8. Failing to install Actkey Program onto windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failing to install Actkey Program onto windows: I have tried to install Actkey by Oki to Windows 10 However it will not completely install correctly. I have tried removing it and deleting all files that I can find for it and reinstalling it to the computer however it will not install all the files. It will add the...
  9. How to install a Windows-specific program onto a USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install a Windows-specific program onto a USB drive: Hello, and thank you in advance. I have two computers, an organization-managed Dell Latitude 3300 and a MacBook Air, the former using Windows 10 and the latter running on, of course, OSX. Installation of programs is prohibited onto the PC, however I'd like to install and run...
  10. How to install a Windows 10 setup onto a usb flash drive on Linux Mint

How to install a Windows 10 setup onto a usb flash drive on Linux Mint: Hello, I am trying to build a Windows 10 setup that I can boot onto my USB flash drive stick and then boot on my computer startup screen so I can switch from Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia to Windows 10. Please help me. Thanks. 124424