Windows 10: how to install and download the new windows 10 pro workstation

Discus and support how to install and download the new windows 10 pro workstation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello how to install and download the new windows 10 pro workstation ? 95632 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by racer, Oct 16, 2017.

1. racer Win User

how to install and download the new windows 10 pro workstation

Hello

how to install and download the new windows 10 pro workstation ?

:)

racer, Oct 16, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Oct 16, 2017
  3. Fresh install of windows 10 pro for workstation

Windows 10 Pro for Workstation is an add on. So long as you have a Digital License for your computer and you have linked your Microsoft Account, all you need to do is first reinstall Windows 10 Pro.

Go to the Store and upgrade again to Windows 10 Pro for Workstation for Free:

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Oct 16, 2017
  4. NXM
    nxm Win User

during the beta or testing period of this latest win 10 1709 or whatever the final is called these days(today), some folks over at the microsoft social discussion website reported that you first go for a normal win10 installation, and switch from there by entering the win 10 pro for workstations capable productkey in the anytime upgrade, change your windows product key, and this upgrades you to the win 10 pro for workstation edition.

as with former upgrades from home to pro or business or any such upgrade in the past ever since windows vista and so forth.

read here:

Which insider builds support 4 CPUs - Microsoft Community

about what the logan781 guy writes there.
    https : // answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/which-insider-builds-support-4-cpus/5e824df2-f076-4546-a24e-e6eec7946470

use a proper legit win 10 key supporting your desired edition or use the general available test keys for timelimited testdrive of the various editions, trials and so on.

microsoft every now and then officially publishes various install, trial, testbed and developer keys for the kind of general public to make use of.

enjoy.

5. racer Win User
    i have a windows 10 pro OEM key payd , but wher to buy the workstation key?
    i have innstalled the windows 10 fall creator windows 10 whit updatedate.

i cant find anything in microsoft store.

racer, Oct 16, 2017
  6. It's included in my Visual Studio Subscription (formally MSDN) ISO. I just claimed my Pro Workstation Retail keys via My Visual Studio Subscription, but haven installed that version yet. I don't know if its in the Media Creation Tool Download. I likely won't install it until some time tomorrow. I have other things on my plate for tonight.

how to install and download the new  windows 10 pro workstation [​IMG]

alphanumeric, Oct 16, 2017
  7. I've done a couple of clean installs, both with the MCT ISO and my Visual Studio Subscription ISO, Windows 10 Pro Workstation was not listed as an option. Pro and Pro N were listed but no Workstation. On one of my Pro installs I did a change product key, entered one of my MSDN Pro Workstation Keys and it switched to Pro Workstation and activated with a Digital License. I have no idea how you clean install it though?

alphanumeric, Oct 17, 2017
  8. racer Win User

hello, i have called microsoft, they told me that to download windows 10 from microsoft, make a clean install, and then choose windows Pro workstation. They told me that my key that is windows 10 pro OEM is ok to use for windows 10 pro workstation. So i will test this when i come from work to day.

racer, Oct 18, 2017
  9. Cliff S New Member
  10. racer Win User
    ? it is no point to use this, and you cant buy a key for windows pro workstation. Microsoft say that you can use the windows 10 pro key. That is the reason that you cant find any place to buy the workstation thay say.

racer, Oct 18, 2017
  11. You can't select Windows Pro Workstation on a clean install, its not listed as an install option. Not unless things have changed since I downloaded the Media Creation Tool ISO on the 17th.
    And as far as I know Pro Keys won't work for Pro Workstation. If they would, Microsoft wouldn't have given me new Pro Workstation keys. I have a two separate lists of keys for Pro and Pro Workstation.
    I did option one in the tutorial listed above, Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

alphanumeric, Oct 18, 2017
  12. racer Win User
    option 1 " Enter your Windows 10 Pro for Workstations product key," i dont have this key and i dont have MSDN, and it is no place to buy this key...

so hope that microsoft wold sell the program to "normal" peopel.

racer, Oct 18, 2017
  13. how to install and download the new windows 10 pro workstation

It should happen at some point. My MSDN keys for Pro Workstation are listed as Retail keys. That usually means there is or will be a Retail Edition. Example, for the Enterprise edition my only option is a MAK key, its VL only. But for Pro I have the option of Retail keys or a MAK key. It's available via Retail channels and can be Volume Licensed. For Home my only option is Retail, it can't be Volume License activated, its Retail only. What surprises me is there are no MAK keys for Pro Workstation? I would think its more suited to a corporate setup than Home use.

alphanumeric, Oct 18, 2017
  14. racer Win User
    thanks for answer *Smile as you wrote, hopfully it will come in store *Smile i have to be patient *Smile

racer, Oct 18, 2017
  15. Allfor Win User
    This is the response I was given by MS support:

"I can help you get one of our Microsoft Partners or up to three that specialize in this product contact you to assist you with Volume Licensing quote for 5 licenses of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations since there is a minimum requirement of 5 licenses per purchase, for you to evaluate it, discuss payment options and compare it before making a final decision. I'd only need some basic contact and company information. Would this work for you?"

When I told them I'm not a business or company:

"I see, I apologize, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations is a product of Volume Licensing only, Volume Licensing is a purchasing channel strictly for businesses and commercial use."

I literally just received all the parts for my Win 10 Pro box that I was going to use with ReFS yesterday and have quickly come to learn that it not an option now... I'm very disappointed.

As a quick edit, this forum post was significantly more helpful than any other resource I could find online about Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. All I could find online were tutorials that didn't work or would say to install the workstations version and just put in your normal 10 pro key which also did not work since I can't find a download for workstations.

Allfor, Oct 19, 2017
Thema:

1. how to install and download the new windows 10 pro workstation - Similar Threads - install download pro

2. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to download/install Windows 10/11 Pro for Workstations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to download/install Windows 10/11 Pro for Workstations: I purchased Windows 10/11 Pro for Workstations recently but did not install it at the time. I am now unable to find a download link, product key or any way to install the software. None of the suggestions given on the automated help for Microsoft Store work.1 Clicking on the...
  6. How to download/install Windows 10/11 Pro for Workstations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to download/install Windows 10/11 Pro for Workstations: I purchased Windows 10/11 Pro for Workstations recently but did not install it at the time. I am now unable to find a download link, product key or any way to install the software. None of the suggestions given on the automated help for Microsoft Store work.1 Clicking on the...
  7. How to download/install Windows 10/11 Pro for Workstations

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to download/install Windows 10/11 Pro for Workstations: I purchases Windows 10/11 Pro for Workstations but did not install it at the time. I am now unable to find a download link, product key or any way to install the software. None of the suggestions given on the automated help for Microsoft Store work.1 Clicking on the product...
  8. How to download Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to download Windows 10 Pro for Workstations: Hello! I need help. I want to know ¿How to get an ISO W10 pro Workstation? I`ve searched most of Microsoft for ISO downloads but i can`t find the version for workstation or enterprise. I have licenses from the organization in wich I study....
  9. Can't install Windows 10 Pro Workstation on new computer with no OS

Can't install Windows 10 Pro Workstation on new computer with no OS: Bought Windows 10 Pro Workstation on Microsoft site for over $300 US. Followed instructions to download Media Creation Tool on another computer. Created USB drive and booted new machine. Put in product key and it says "The product key entered does not match any of the Windows...
  10. How to download Windows installation media for Windows 10 Pro for Workstation

How to download Windows installation media for Windows 10 Pro for Workstation: My workstation has a special version of Windows 10 Pro. It says that: FOR WORKSTATION. When trying to download the installation for Windows, I can only find that for Windows 10 Pro. Any help please to download the version of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Workstation Edition iso

2. windows 10 pro workstation download