Windows 10: How to install and validate Window licence if Hard drive changed?

Discus and support How to install and validate Window licence if Hard drive changed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello There, I am replacing my PC hard drive and right now I do not remember activation key so How to reactivate Window 10 on new hard drive? OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akshay_DH, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Akshay_DH Win User

How to install and validate Window licence if Hard drive changed?

Hello There,
    I am replacing my PC hard drive and right now I do not remember activation key so How to reactivate Window 10 on new hard drive?

OS which is currently installed is genuine copy of Window 10

Many Thanks....

:)

Akshay_DH, Jul 29, 2020
  2. little cat, Jul 29, 2020
  3. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Jul 29, 2020
  4. How to install and validate Window licence if Hard drive changed?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

How to install and validate Window licence if Hard drive changed?

1. How to install and validate Window licence if Hard drive changed? - Similar Threads - install validate Window

2. User virtual hard drive with CAL licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User virtual hard drive with CAL licence: Hello,I noticed after getting a CAL licence for our RDS server that user profiles were saved as UVHDs. The question is can the licence work if user data is saved like on all other servers, in the /Users folder or the User Profile Disks are necessary. If possible I would like...
  3. User virtual hard drive with CAL licence

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User virtual hard drive with CAL licence: Hello,I noticed after getting a CAL licence for our RDS server that user profiles were saved as UVHDs. The question is can the licence work if user data is saved like on all other servers, in the /Users folder or the User Profile Disks are necessary. If possible I would like...
  4. User virtual hard drive with CAL licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. New Hard drive how to keep licence?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Hard drive how to keep licence?: My OS drive is acting up. If I shut down It always takes a long time to re boot as Widows is "repairing" So I bought a new 480 GB SSD drive. In the old days I would have had a disk with a product key. But this is a W10 update from my W8 disk. That key doesn't work. and...
  6. Windows licenced user, how to change?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows licenced user, how to change?: Hello, I changed my email address a while ago. I noticed that it still appears when I run Winver. The About Windows information includes 'This product is licensed..... to: and then my old email address is shown. Is there a way to change this? Do I need to go into the...
  7. Change Windows and all installations to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Windows and all installations to another hard drive: I purchased a computer package with a pre-installed Windows10 operating system. The hard drive I was supplied is very small around 30 GB and I'm already almost run out of space. I cannot install any new applications. I have since purchased a very large hard drive and I'm...
  8. How to install Windows on an external hard drive?

How to install Windows on an external hard drive?: My computer is being fixed right now, but I bought a fancy new SSD for it and would like to go ahead with installing windows 10 in it. I have a pen drive with windows' iso in it, a computer with two USB ports, and a case where I can put my SSD. Now, how do I use all these...
  9. About licence validity

About licence validity: Hi team, i have recently upgraded to windows 10 Home edition and i am not seeing any product key as it is showing with digital licence activated .May i know how many days of this OS validity?...
  10. How to change windows 10 licence?

How to change windows 10 licence?: The windows of my pc is 10 home licence. but can i change it to 10 pro licence? Please tell me. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-10-licence/fc3c92e3-60df-4fdf-b1c9-b85203a09af0