Windows 10: How to install anti-virus on Windows 10?

Discus and support How to install anti-virus on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need directions, submitted in HUMAN English, about how to override Windows demand to NOT allow AVG Anti-Virus to run on my computer. The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by clyde2364, Mar 21, 2021.

1. clyde2364 Win User

How to install anti-virus on Windows 10?

I need directions, submitted in HUMAN English, about how to override Windows demand to NOT allow AVG Anti-Virus to run on my computer.

The problem is that I have no ten year degree in computer programming, so on-line aid does not help.

I need information which is NOT presented in computer code.

How do I ORDER Windows 10 to allow AVG to operate, using only HUMAN English?

:)

clyde2364, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Smeed Win User

I need to istall Window 10 anti virus and marvate

Windows 10 comes with in-built Anti-Virus program Windows Defender.

It depends on your own preferences if you would want to use another Anti-Virus program.

Suggest reading all of:
    Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of Malware Infection

especially:

Smeed, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Anti Virus Problems

You should not be using more than one anti-vrus program on your computer. Read the
    IMPORTANT NOTE about not using more than one anti-virus program in this

topic

The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection, it is
    disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came
    preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows Defender will be turned off (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used
    to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled. In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining
    remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be
    activated
    if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message indicating
    your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

quietman7 - MVP, Mar 21, 2021
  4. How to install anti-virus on Windows 10?

Jsssssssss, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

How to install anti-virus on Windows 10?

1. How to install anti-virus on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - install anti virus

2. anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anti virus: I BOUGHT A ACER ASPIRER 3 LAPTOP ON EBAY , I AM HAPPY WITH IT WAS NEW ONE OPENED BUT NOT USED ,I BOUGHT IT ON THE 09/2O21 BUT IT PREINSTALLED ANTIVRUS ON NORTON AND McAfee ? not sure if they are same company , but i am getting pestered by emails , and pop-ups when I TRY TO...
  3. Windows 10 is blocking installation of Kaspersky anti-virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is blocking installation of Kaspersky anti-virus: When I try to open and install the newest version of Kaspersky anti-virus on one of my computers - Windows gives me a message saying that I need to get the app from the microsoft store. but then the settings are completely confusing. Does anybody know how to fix this...
  4. How to delete Seguarzo Anti Virus Malware if anti viruses not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete Seguarzo Anti Virus Malware if anti viruses not working: I CAnt delete Seguarzo anti virus says i need perms from administrator. when my account is an admin account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-seguarzo-anti-virus-malware-if-anti/1c05a4a1-c4e2-41ae-a3eb-e396028ed73b
  5. windows 10 Anti- virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 Anti- virus: I am trying to install and run the Windows 10 Anti Virus /Malware module but I can't figure out how to get it on my computer and turn it on. Can someone give me some direction on this issue.? I am not a programmer so coding instructions fail me....
  6. How to Turn on Anti-Virus

How to Turn on Anti-Virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? [Original Title: Anti-virus]...
  7. Anti-virus

Anti-virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/e4ee73b4-9a3b-49bf-a111-30b138c063d6
  8. Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus: Which is the best anti-virus for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/1db9fa74-6a73-43c0-9d79-6d1eda9c0749
  9. install anti-virus kaspersky

install anti-virus kaspersky: Hi When I,M trying to install kaspersky, the setup window does not appear on my laptop windows 10 x64 And The program icon changes its shape https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/install-anti-virus-kaspersky/bc716771-8056-4aa0-8639-4375aee30160
  10. anti virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    anti virus: Hi my anti virus is not activated and i don't have anyother anti virus program installed in my computer any soulotion ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus/ee86beff-02f1-4265-854d-d048ab2a5b04