Windows 10: How to install application for only one user

Discus and support How to install application for only one user in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi How to install Microsoft office for one user. Thank You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sauvik Roy, May 3, 2019.

1. How to install application for only one user

Hi

How to install Microsoft office for one user.

Thank You

:)

Sauvik Roy, May 3, 2019

2. Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 3, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 3, 2019
  4. 0pTicaL Win User

How to install application for only one user

"Application Install install package failure!" while installing 13.9

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and MSI 6970 Lightning.

I was upgrading from 13.4 after I did a clean uninstall with AMD Catalyst Install Manager.

Doesn't say what installation failed in the install log. Everything in the log says Success but at the very bottom it says "Application Install: install package failure!" but doesn't say what failed to install.

I only install video drivers and no CCC.

The only thing I noticed is AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed in my programs list.

0pTicaL, May 3, 2019
Thema:

How to install application for only one user

1. How to install application for only one user - Similar Threads - install application user

2. How to Allow Users, Install only Whitelisted Applications on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Allow Users, Install only Whitelisted Applications on Windows 10: Hello,I have Windows 10 users joined to Azure AD and I have given all of them Admin rights. This means they can install any software they like. But I want to create a Whitelist of software that allows them to install only those software. So how can I create such a policy in...
  3. How to Allow Users, Install only Whitelisted Applications on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Allow Users, Install only Whitelisted Applications on Windows 10: Hello,I have Windows 10 users joined to Azure AD and I have given all of them Admin rights. This means they can install any software they like. But I want to create a Whitelist of software that allows them to install only those software. So how can I create such a policy in...
  4. how to install a app in only one user...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to install a app in only one user...: in my home i use localother user account.. so whenever I install a app. its actually able .. see by other account's too... so is there , way to install a app enable to use and see by a single user only..btw the Microsoft store does it already . the app I installed from ....
  5. how to install a app in only one user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install a app in only one user...: in my home i use localother user account.. so whenever I install a app. its actually able .. see by other account's too... so is there , way to install a app enable to use and see by a single user only..btw the Microsoft store does it already . the app I installed from ....
  6. how to install a app in only one user...

7. How do I install an app for only one user?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I install an app for only one user?: I want to install a game, but only for my gaming account. I don't want this app to take up storage space on the other account. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-an-app-for-only-one-user/cabdebb2-8cd1-47b9-b505-1350b93b3d80
  8. Audio in one channel only, for only one application...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio in one channel only, for only one application...: I am mystified: My best guess is that the problem is related to Windows option update KB5004296, a couple of weeks ago, because onset of problem coincided. I run Windows 10 Pro and audio through an EVGA NuAudio card, and I watch tv through the MediaPortal interface, through a...
  9. [help] install program on only one user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] install program on only one user?: I am an admin, and I am trying to install a program on that account. However it also installs it on the standard account. When I try to uninstall the program or delete the icon from the standard account, it also deleted from the admin account. Is there a solution for this?...
  10. Installing Programs to One User Only

Installing Programs to One User Only: On older Windows OS's, I've had no trouble using separate user accounts. When I install a program (actual software, not a Windows Store app) on one, it doesn't show up on another user account. Until now. My wife and I just bought a desktop to share and everything I install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install application for only one user

2. windows install software only one user