Windows 10: how to install Azure AD connect on a new server and decommission the old version on...

Discus and support how to install Azure AD connect on a new server and decommission the old version on... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am unable to upgrade the Azure AD Connect from Ver. 1.6.16.0 to the latest version due to an unsupported server i.e., Windows server 2012 standard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Muneer Jahangeer, Jan 25, 2022.

1. how to install Azure AD connect on a new server and decommission the old version on...

I am unable to upgrade the Azure AD Connect from Ver. 1.6.16.0 to the latest version due to an unsupported server i.e., Windows server 2012 standard. I am planning to install the higher version of AD connect on another server Windows server 2016 and decommission the old one. Could you please help to provide the steps for smooth migration please?

:)

Muneer Jahangeer, Jan 25, 2022

2. How to Remove Azure AD Connect

Hi All,

I am new to Azure AD and i am new to Microsoft .

I added my company AD to Azure AD . (free Trail)

Now i want remove the Sync and remove Azure AD connect from the AD server .

Please help

Karthik Ramalingam, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Dino-M Win User
    Disconnecting on prem AD and then joining Azure AD creates new Windows profile?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about joining computers in my firm from on prem AD to Azure AD. When someone new arrives at our firm (new employee), there is a fresh installation of Windows 10. It is easy to join Azure AD
    because it is a fresh start, but now we have to migrate all Windows 10 users that are on prem AD to Azure AD. When I disconnect those users from our local on prem AD and join them to Azure AD, whole new Windows 10 profile is created, without any of settings,
    data or anything else on that profile (clean profile with few applications that are installed computer-wide). So my question is, is there any solution to keep their profile settings from before they joined Azure AD? Or I will have to simply tell them to backup
    everything (essential data).

What I tried so far:

• Tried tools for migration like ForensiT (User Profile Wizard, User Profile Manager and Transwiz, just to see if it is going to work) - not successful
    • Tried changing profile path from registry - not successful
    • Tried log in with the old credentials example: CONTOSO\user (because after I joined that computer to Azure AD user should log in as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) - not successful
    Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for your answers.

Dino-M, Jan 25, 2022
  4. jubjib1 Win User

how to install Azure AD connect on a new server and decommission the old version on...

Window Server 2003 can't AD replication

Hi Support Team

I have server install Windows Server 2003. It's old and hardware unstable. I need to change to new Server. I try AD replication to new Server but after completed step.

I can't turn down old Server. When turn down old Server AD users and computer or another feature about AD can't use. I need your suggest.

jubjib1, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

how to install Azure AD connect on a new server and decommission the old version on...

1. how to install Azure AD connect on a new server and decommission the old version on... - Similar Threads - install Azure connect

2. Microsoft Azure AD Connect will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Azure AD Connect will not install: Hi everyone,I tried to install Microsoft Azure AD Connect Customize on a Domain Controller with Windows Server 2016 but i got the following error :"The event log file is corrupted"When i look the logs files, i find the error here : [17:53:52.454] [ 15] [ERROR]...
  3. Microsoft Azure AD Connect will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Azure AD Connect will not install: Hi everyone,I tried to install Microsoft Azure AD Connect Customize on a Domain Controller with Windows Server 2016 but i got the following error :"The event log file is corrupted"When i look the logs files, i find the error here : [17:53:52.454] [ 15] [ERROR]...
  4. Azure AD connect1.6 running in server 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure AD connect1.6 running in server 2012: Hi,we have Exchange 2016 Hybrid server running in Windows server 2012 R2 server in Virtual Enviroment VMware. this server also has Azure AD connect V1.6 is running in this server.our Domain controller is Server 2019 in seperate server.Question 1:Now we could not upgrade this...
  5. Azure AD connect1.6 running in server 2012

Azure AD connect1.6 running in server 2012: Hi,we have Exchange 2016 Hybrid server running in Windows server 2012 R2 server in Virtual Enviroment VMware. this server also has Azure AD connect V1.6 is running in this server.our Domain controller is Server 2019 in seperate server.Question 1:Now we could not upgrade this...
  6. Azure AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure AD: Hello there, If I have to install a software in 100 Laptop, how can I do it without have on promise Active Directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-ad/7657e31f-c97e-4524-9196-faebcf264e84
  7. Azure AD

Azure AD: Hello there, If I have to install a software in 100 Laptop, how can I do it without have on promise Active Directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-ad/7657e31f-c97e-4524-9196-faebcf264e84
  8. how to install Azure AD connect on a new server and decommission the old version on...

how to install Azure AD connect on a new server and decommission the old version on...: I am unable to upgrade the Azure AD Connect from Ver. 1.6.16.0 to the latest version due to an unsupported server i.e., Windows server 2012 standard. I am planning to install the higher version of AD connect on another server Windows server 2016 and decommission the old...
  9. Azure AD Connector

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Azure AD Connector: If I have one Azure Ad connector at one data center. If there was a disaster or during DR testing, I power down the the Azure AD connector and bring it up a copy/replicated/backup on the other data center. Same VLan no change to the machine. Then run it for a day then delete...
  10. Azure AD connected Devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Azure AD connected Devices: Hello, I was just wondering if someone can assist me please, this might be a simple question yet i can't seem to find answers for it so far so i thought it might be best to ask the community. We have recently started connecting staff tablets to Azure AD so they use there...