Windows 10: how to install backup files

Discus and support how to install backup files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I install personal backup files located on drive c... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mamiewickliffe, Sep 3, 2019.

1. how to install backup files

how do I install personal backup files located on drive c

:)

mamiewickliffe, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

how to install backup files

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

how to install backup files

1. how to install backup files - Similar Threads - install backup files

2. How to execute the backup file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to execute the backup file: Hello and thanks you for trying to help me.After i update my pc My pc frequently strucked so i used the force shutdown and after turn the pc again i deleted some unwanted softwares from my pc.then it again struck and the same process. When i turn on it again it shown windows...
  3. How to execute the backup file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to execute the backup file: Hello and thanks you for trying to help me.After i update my pc My pc frequently strucked so i used the force shutdown and after turn the pc again i deleted some unwanted softwares from my pc.then it again struck and the same process. When i turn on it again it shown windows...
  4. How to execute the backup file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to backup files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup files.: Hello!My laptop won’t function after I login to it. I’ve been in contact with a Dell representative, who may be able to help me resolve the issue, but they said I may lose all of the files. There is a way to backup files onto an external drive through SupportAssist OS...
  6. How to backup files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup files.: Hello!My laptop won’t function after I login to it. I’ve been in contact with a Dell representative, who may be able to help me resolve the issue, but they said I may lose all of the files. There is a way to backup files onto an external drive through SupportAssist OS...
  7. How to backup files.

8. How to merge to File History backups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to merge to File History backups: When I switched from one windows 10 device to another, I moved all my files across, and brought across the same backup drive. However, due to user error I ended up with a whole new File History folder on my back up drive. So my question is how do I combine the two File...
  9. How to reconnect the File History for backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reconnect the File History for backup: I keep getting a message "my File History drive is disconnected" how do i reconnect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reconnect-the-file-history-for-backup/de523bb7-f760-41a1-bd4e-833a3028305b"
  10. Fresh install help file backup

Fresh install help file backup: Where can I get a list of files I need to copy before formatting my hard drive? boy, I miss Easy File Transfer. *Sad 28993