Windows 10: How to install CanoScan on Windows 10

Discus and support How to install CanoScan on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I downloaded Cano Lide 120 on my Windows 10 but it does not work. It worked on Windows 7 just fine. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SueGabbard, Jan 24, 2019.

1. How to install CanoScan on Windows 10

I downloaded Cano Lide 120 on my Windows 10 but it does not work.

It worked on Windows 7 just fine.

Any ideas?

:)

SueGabbard, Jan 24, 2019

2. CanoScan 8800F - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to find the “CanoScan 8800F” printer drivers from manufacturers website, which are compatible with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the printer drivers in compatibility mode and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 16, 2019
  3. CanoScan 8800f fails to scan slides Windows 10

Hello Leo,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What are the steps performed to resolve the issue?

• Did you check if the issue persists on updating the scanner driver from the Device manager?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the scanner with the current Windows operating system. Installing the compatible and updated device drivers will result in smooth and enhanced performance of the device on the operating
    system.

Cannon has not released compatible drivers for
    CanoScan 8800F
    scanner which is operable on Windows 10 OS. You will still be able to run the scanner on Windows 10 in
    Compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

Step 1: Follow the steps below to install the touchpad driver in
    compatibility mode.

• Download the latest and most compatible device driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website for Windows 8.1 OS or locate the driver setup file of the previously installed OS in your PC.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      Properties.

• Click on the Compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once the driver is installed in compatibility mode,
      restart the PC for the effective changes to take place.

• Check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type
      Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

• Select the top most search result and follow from step 2 from the article
      Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
      (Also applies to Windows 10).

• Check if the issue is resolved.

Refer the link below to download the driver software for CanoScan 8800F:

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | CanoScan 8800F

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 16, 2019
  4. How to install CanoScan on Windows 10

Driver for CANOSCAN 4200F Windows 10/64bit

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

Let us check if the drivers for Windows 10 (x64) is available:

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | CanoScan 4200F

if not, you may try to install the driver in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Compatibility mode runs the driver using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the setup file and select
      Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous
      the version of Windows from the drop down list.

• Check the functionality.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

How to install CanoScan on Windows 10

1. How to install CanoScan on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - install CanoScan

2. KB5036980 installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5036980 installation error: Split from this thread. I am also having this same issue. Log files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5036980-installation-error/b6c10b0d-5a74-432d-bf35-f50978a66697
  3. KB5036980 installation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5036980 installation error: Split from this thread. I am also having this same issue. Log files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5036980-installation-error/b6c10b0d-5a74-432d-bf35-f50978a66697
  4. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  5. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  6. so i just updated my windows with the latest quality update that i installed at 24/04/2024...

so i just updated my windows with the latest quality update that i installed at 24/04/2024...: i really sick of this... it's been like a cycle where my windows was not able to load fully then it ask to reboot then it happen again. any help please...
  7. Canon CanoScan 8600F instalation. it. Do I need my original CD?

Canon CanoScan 8600F instalation. it. Do I need my original CD?: I have not used my Canon CanoScan 8600F for over a year, I uninstalled it. When I used it, it worked well. Now I am having problems installing it. Do I need my original CD?...
  8. Canon CanoScan 8600F instalation. it. Do I need my original CD?

in Cortana
    Canon CanoScan 8600F instalation. it. Do I need my original CD?: I have not used my Canon CanoScan 8600F for over a year, I uninstalled it. When I used it, it worked well. Now I am having problems installing it. Do I need my original CD?...
  9. Canon CanoScan 8600F instalation. it. Do I need my original CD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Installation problems with Canoscan 5600F and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installation problems with Canoscan 5600F and Windows 10: Despite following all the instructions to install the latest driver from Canon, Windows is not recognising the scanner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-problems-with-canoscan-5600f-and/efd0c365-1be3-44ea-9b8e-9c3a96184637

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to run canoscan on windows 10

2. canoscan driver for windows 10 version 1903