Windows 10: How to install display audio driver under "sound, video and game controllers"

Discus and support How to install display audio driver under "sound, video and game controllers" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop, when connected to TV through HDMI, does not have sound. I explored various "solutions". I have Windows 10 on this laptop. I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AKVerma_71, Jun 29, 2020.

1. How to install display audio driver under "sound, video and game controllers"

Hi,

My laptop, when connected to TV through HDMI, does not have sound. I explored various "solutions". I have Windows 10 on this laptop.

I do not see HDMI/TV when I click on sound control panel.

My sense is that lack of display audio drive under "sound, video and game controllers" is a problem.

I tried Intel driver and support assistant, but that does not work.

Please can anyone advise me how to install display audio driver.

Thanks,

Verma

:)

AKVerma_71, Jun 29, 2020
  2. geoff_903 Win User

No audio, 'No Audio Output Device Is Installed', have already updated BIOS and chipset and drivers, Windows 10

Please, any more suggestions? I'm thinking that there is a way to fix this.

And when I updated the driver for 'High Definition Audio Codecs', Device Manager switched it to 'Realtek High Definition Audio', even though that was already listed under 'Sound, Video, and Game Controllers' (so now 'Realtek High Definition Audio' is listed
    twice under r 'Sound, Video, and Game Controllers'.

Device Manager also allowed me to install 'Intel WiDi Audio Device', but it still makes no sound at all.

And under 'System Devices', my computer tells me that the driver for 'High Definition Audio Controller' is up to date, but it still has a yellow bang mark next to it (nothing I do seems to ever change that - any suggestsions?)

geoff_903, Jun 29, 2020
  3. A.Y.C Win User
    How do I install realtek audio driver? (Realtek installation failure)

No, Realtek audio device is not listed under Sound, Video and game controllers.

A.Y.C, Jun 29, 2020
  4. How to install display audio driver under "sound, video and game controllers"

Dell XPS 13 9333: Sound stopped working in the middle of a video, now "no audio device installed" no matter what I try

As you can see from reading this thread, you have a couple of options:

1) Rolling back to the Windows driver (displayed as 'High Definition Audio Device' under 'Sound, video and game controllers' in Device Manager)

2) Using the Realtek driver (displayed as 'Realtek Audio' or 'Realtek High Definition Audio' under 'Sound, video and game controllers' in Device Manager)

If you can't see any of those options at the moment under 'Sound, video and game controllers' in Device Manager then it can be a bit of Catch 22 to get one of them to come back.

One option is try to uninstall the Realtek driver through the Control Panel (Control Panel->Programs->Uninstall a program). Select & uninstall 'Realtek High Definition Audio Driver' if it's listed.

If it's not listed then download and install the Realtek 6.0.1.7811 driver from the Realtek ftp site

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Windows 10 Help Forums

Even if you have problems with the Realtek driver (I have had some BSODs), once you have got it to appear in Device Manager you may be able to get it to roll back to the Windows driver.

SimonCornforth, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

How to install display audio driver under "sound, video and game controllers"

1. How to install display audio driver under "sound, video and game controllers" - Similar Threads - install display audio

2. No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.: I just got this laptop recently, it's Windows 11 and right now it's saying that my laptop has detected no audio output and input drivers. Tried to fix it in the device manager but the supposedly sound, video, and game controller is non-existent. It doesn't show any tab...
  3. No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.: I just got this laptop recently, it's Windows 11 and right now it's saying that my laptop has detected no audio output and input drivers. Tried to fix it in the device manager but the supposedly sound, video, and game controller is non-existent. It doesn't show any tab...
  4. Missing sound video and game controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing sound video and game controllers: If I try to install sound, video and game controller, the pc automatically restarts without installing the required driver.What do I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-sound-video-and-game-controllers/48194e94-67f4-41f0-b36d-d7db26f321fd
  5. Missing sound video and game controllers

Missing sound video and game controllers: If I try to install sound, video and game controller, the pc automatically restarts without installing the required driver.What do I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-sound-video-and-game-controllers/48194e94-67f4-41f0-b36d-d7db26f321fd
  6. Sound,video and game controller missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound,video and game controller missing: My windows tell me "There is no audio output device installed" on my sound icon.I checked device manager and the sound,video and game controller isn't there. I recently formatted my computer. It didn't fix this issue.This morning I had audio but when i restarted my laptop it...
  7. Reinstall Sound, video and game controlers

Reinstall Sound, video and game controlers: So I logged onto my PC in the morning and noticed my sound with the error 'no audio output device installed' so I looked it up and after a few simple steps I uninstalled the sound, video and games controllers being told that they would reinstall automatically but they didn't...
  8. Sound, video & game controllers

Sound, video & game controllers: Performed Windows 10 reinstall from USB recovery drive. Then performed Windows 10 setup after new reboot. Noticed after new install that all the sound, video & gaming controllers had been deleted from my system. Tried installing RelTek drivers with Device Manager, but the...
  9. Audio sound and game controllers deleted

Audio sound and game controllers deleted: I accidentally deleted Audio, sound, and game controllers driver from my computer and I need to reinstall it. Please send a link to help reinstall the audio driver. My computer is a Latitude 3310...
  10. no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device...

no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device...: It happened recently within a month or so. The sound used to work. I tried to install drivers but I don't even have the sound tab anymore. The troubleshooter doesn't do anything it says can't detect the problem. no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and...