Windows 10: How to install Driver and Optional Updates in Windows 10

Discus and support How to install Driver and Optional Updates in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows Update has improved by leaps and bounds the past few years, and it is getting better. The Windows Team is now making it easier […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 14, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to install Driver and Optional Updates in Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 14, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 14, 2020
  4. How to install Driver and Optional Updates in Windows 10

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

How to install Driver and Optional Updates in Windows 10

1. How to install Driver and Optional Updates in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - install Driver Optional

2. Doubts Regarding Installation of Optional Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doubts Regarding Installation of Optional Driver Updates: Hello, My Laptop is HP Pavilion-15cc132tx Window 10 Home Version 20H2,I have confusion regarding installation of Necessary drivers out of the Optional Drivers Updates.Can anyone please help me to choose which drivers to download and install out of given list below?...
  3. Windows 10 optional driver updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 optional driver updates: My laptop is a lenovo ideapad S340 windows 10 and it says that it is up to date but says there are some optional updates for my drivers,This is my laptop info but I don't know if it will help:...
  4. Optional Windows/Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional Windows/Driver Updates: [ATTACH] Hey guys, just looked in my optional updates and I have all of these. I'm terrified of doing things with drivers when I'm not sure what I'm doing because it caused serious issues for me before. Should I install all of these? Or how do I figure out what I need and...
  5. Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?: Are the optional windows driver updates I'm getting actual newer versions or are they older versions of the driver I'm falling back on? I am experiencing strange behavior on some of my computer's and would like to know if these might fix those. The description for the...
  6. No option to cancel downloading/installing a driver update?

No option to cancel downloading/installing a driver update?: There's should be a simple option. A button next to the updatea simple "Cancel". Thing is, the latest AMD drivers for my set just don't worki guess AMD didn't test my A6-6310 apu with r4 and there is a REASON i've already opted out via Radeon settings. Stop forcing it upon...
  7. Should you install Windows 10's Optional Driver updates?

in Windows 10 News
    Should you install Windows 10's Optional Driver updates?: Microsoft moved driver updates in Windows 10 from the Device Manager to the Optional Updates section of the Windows Updates settings application this year after the company announced the change in 2019. Windows 10 administrators who check these optional updates may see one...
  8. Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates

Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates: Why are there optional driver updates listed under Optional Windows Updates for hardware that I do not have??? Drivers for nonexistent HP printers as well as for BOTH AMD and INTEL processors and/or busses...
  9. How to install the windows 10 optional updates?

How to install the windows 10 optional updates?: Im search but im not find https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-the-windows-10-optional-updates/749d6ef2-f35d-497d-84d6-7d7abdb01608
  10. Windows update not giving the option to install driver updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update not giving the option to install driver updates?: Hey Guys I have a rather strange issue, when I run wushowhide under hide (option to hide the updates) updated it shows multiple updates for hardware that are available, however when I run windows updates these updates do not appear? The only updates that appear are the...