Windows 10: how to install hp network printer driver windows 10

Discus and support how to install hp network printer driver windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to install my hp photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer as a network printer anyone know how? The wireless setup app will not find network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mike5223, Sep 6, 2018.

1. mike5223 Win User

how to install hp network printer driver windows 10

I want to install my hp photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer as a network printer anyone know how? The wireless setup app will not find network printer but I am connected to the printer using it as network printer Any suggestions how to install it as network printer?

:)

mike5223, Sep 6, 2018
  2. helloha Win User

Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver

The following steps worked for me:

1. Remove HP printer via classic Control panel>Hardware and Sound>Right click on HP printer to remove it. OR Windows Settings> Devices>Printers and scanners>Click on HP printer in list and Remove device.

2. Remove HP Basic printer driver via classic Control panel> Uninstall a program (Remove e-Print via Windows Settings). OR Windows settings> Apps> HP driver uninstall and HP e-Print uninstall.

3. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. Type printui.exe /s and click OK opens Print Server Properties.
    Click on Drivers tab. Under installed printer drivers look for HP e-Print click on it and click Remove at the bottom and then exit.

4. Open Windows Settings or classic Control Panel and add printer. If your printer is connected to your network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet windows will find it. Select your printer and windows will install the driver.
    Do not use printer driver from HP as this will re-install e-Print.

I hope this helps someone.
    PS HP sort your software out; many people are using Windows 10 and they don't need to struggle to get HP products to work!

helloha, Sep 6, 2018
  3. bookfox Win User
    HP Printer driver installation issue

Try adding the printers manually in control panel. (Meaning without running the HP driver CD).
    1. Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to the network.
    2. Open the Control Panel
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. Double-click the Add a printer icon.
    5. Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" and click Next.
    6. Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected, select the printer and click Next. If the printer is not listed, click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.
    7. If you know the printer's name, choose "Select a shared printer by name" and enter the path to the printer. For example, with a network named "hope" and a printer named "hp", the network path would be: "\\hope\hp".
    If you do not know the printer's path, but have the printers IP address, select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname".
    Click Next.
    If during the install, Windows asks for drivers, point to the location of your printer drivers."

IME, I do this when a customer's printer has the same issue as yours and it (usually) works fine.

bookfox, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

I loathe printers and HP rant

My HP MX922 installs over the network for printing, but to scan you must install the driver suite. It's the wife's MFC that she bought when she started her temporary business a couple years back...the damn thing collects more dust than anything these days. Though it does a decent job scanning simple documents.

I added this to my post just after you quoted me, and stand behind it...you don't get full MFC support without installing drivers. Period. Whether you did it, a GPO or the OS.

Agreed, this is likely what happened. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. how to install hp network printer driver windows 10 - Similar Threads - install network printer

2. Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.: I tried to install HP printer and kept getting "no driver available". After HP Support worked on it for 5 hours and gave up. I sent the printer back to Amazon. I then purchased a Brothers printer and "print driver not available" again. Has anyone had this problem as well?...
  3. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers: Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer...
  4. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers: Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer...
  5. Installing local network printer driver .

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing local network printer driver .: Hi folks, I am trying to install local network printer driver on windows 10 but it gives me error as below . Windows cannot connect to the printer 0x00006e4 This issue happened for some users. The steps that I did : Restart print spooler service. Check the network...
  6. Windows 10 - Cannot install HP printer drivers!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Cannot install HP printer drivers!!: I use Windows 10 professional on my Dell XPS 8700 desktop. I purchased an HP ENVY Photo 7858 All-In-One printer this past weekend. I am completely unable to install the printer software. I have tried multiple times. I disabled all internet security software Malwarebytes - not...
  7. Installing a HP printer on Windows 10

Installing a HP printer on Windows 10: How can I install a HP 7300 series All In One printer to my Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-hp-printer-on-windows-10/0946571b-4ee3-4f9d-a159-205665e0f1f8
  8. Hp printer driver

Hp printer driver: Why is it that before I updated windows 10 (and paid for the renewal) my printer is no longer able to print? HP Officejet 4580 all in one, anyone have this same problem and if so how did you get it fixed. BTW I prefer not to buy a new printer and am not happy with being...
  9. Auto Updates 'Breaking' HP Network Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto Updates 'Breaking' HP Network Printer Driver: Auto Updates have 'broken' my HP Network AIO Printer's driver. Repeatedly. On all four networked PCs/Laptops in my household. Requires uninstallation then re-installation of printer driver to regain network printer access/functionality. I and my family are just so...
  10. HP Printer driver installation issue

HP Printer driver installation issue: Greetings, I'm doing some tech support for a friend of the family, and I'm having trouble with installing her printer drivers. She has 2 printers hooked up to her wireless network, both HP products - that aren't being detected by the driver installer when it comes to that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Install the Windows driver for an HP printer on a network in Windows 10.

2. how to install hp network printer driver

3. install network printer windows10

4. KB4470502 usb printing