Windows 10: how to install hp network printer driver windows 10

Discus and support how to install hp network printer driver windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to install my hp photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer as a network printer anyone know how? The wireless setup app will not find network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mike5223, Sep 6, 2018.

1. mike5223 Win User

how to install hp network printer driver windows 10

I want to install my hp photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer as a network printer anyone know how? The wireless setup app will not find network printer but I am connected to the printer using it as network printer Any suggestions how to install it as network printer?

:)

mike5223, Sep 6, 2018
  2. helloha Win User

Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver

The following steps worked for me:

1. Remove HP printer via classic Control panel>Hardware and Sound>Right click on HP printer to remove it. OR Windows Settings> Devices>Printers and scanners>Click on HP printer in list and Remove device.

2. Remove HP Basic printer driver via classic Control panel> Uninstall a program (Remove e-Print via Windows Settings). OR Windows settings> Apps> HP driver uninstall and HP e-Print uninstall.

3. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. Type printui.exe /s and click OK opens Print Server Properties.
    Click on Drivers tab. Under installed printer drivers look for HP e-Print click on it and click Remove at the bottom and then exit.

4. Open Windows Settings or classic Control Panel and add printer. If your printer is connected to your network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet windows will find it. Select your printer and windows will install the driver.
    Do not use printer driver from HP as this will re-install e-Print.

I hope this helps someone.
    PS HP sort your software out; many people are using Windows 10 and they don't need to struggle to get HP products to work!

helloha, Sep 6, 2018
  3. bookfox Win User
    HP Printer driver installation issue

Try adding the printers manually in control panel. (Meaning without running the HP driver CD).
    1. Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to the network.
    2. Open the Control Panel
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound.
    4. Double-click the Add a printer icon.
    5. Select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" and click Next.
    6. Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected, select the printer and click Next. If the printer is not listed, click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.
    7. If you know the printer's name, choose "Select a shared printer by name" and enter the path to the printer. For example, with a network named "hope" and a printer named "hp", the network path would be: "\\hope\hp".
    If you do not know the printer's path, but have the printers IP address, select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname".
    Click Next.
    If during the install, Windows asks for drivers, point to the location of your printer drivers."

IME, I do this when a customer's printer has the same issue as yours and it (usually) works fine.

bookfox, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

I loathe printers and HP rant

My HP MX922 installs over the network for printing, but to scan you must install the driver suite. It's the wife's MFC that she bought when she started her temporary business a couple years back...the damn thing collects more dust than anything these days. Though it does a decent job scanning simple documents.

I added this to my post just after you quoted me, and stand behind it...you don't get full MFC support without installing drivers. Period. Whether you did it, a GPO or the OS.

Agreed, this is likely what happened. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. how to install hp network printer driver windows 10 - Similar Threads - install network printer

2. Win 10 Home 1803 can't install printer drivers for network printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home 1803 can't install printer drivers for network printer: So, the subject pretty much sums up the issue, I have a new Lenovo laptop that won't install a network printer. (Ricoh AP3800C) Yes, it's an old printer that is end of Life from Ricoh, but they released drivers that are still working for every other Win 10 machine I have, and...
  3. Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver: Anyone having same problem following this update? I have been using hp officejet pro 8610 for many months without a hitch. I noticed the printer driver was no longer working once Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems KB4022725 had installed. The...
  4. Auto Updates 'Breaking' HP Network Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto Updates 'Breaking' HP Network Printer Driver: Auto Updates have 'broken' my HP Network AIO Printer's driver. Repeatedly. On all four networked PCs/Laptops in my household. Requires uninstallation then re-installation of printer driver to regain network printer access/functionality. I and my family are just so...
  5. HP C4180 Printer Driver Installation Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP C4180 Printer Driver Installation Problems: Hi all, Been trying to install my HP C4180 Printer drivers (latest drivers from manufacturer's website) but have been encountering repeated errors. The drivers install fine until the part where the Installation Wizard request you connect the Printer via USB. The...
  6. Windows 10 Won't Install HP Printer?

Windows 10 Won't Install HP Printer?: I've had this problem for about a week now. It says this in Windows Update: "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: • HP - Printers -...
  7. How to install to network driver?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to install to network driver?: Hey When I try to install a program/direct to a program/direct to a database/etc/ I can only see local drivers. No network ones. How can I see network drivers? They are mapped and visible in "This PC" but they are not visible when I try to select them in drop down menus....
  8. HP Printer driver installation issue

HP Printer driver installation issue: Greetings, I'm doing some tech support for a friend of the family, and I'm having trouble with installing her printer drivers. She has 2 printers hooked up to her wireless network, both HP products - that aren't being detected by the driver installer when it comes to that...
  9. How to access a network printer without installing it in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to access a network printer without installing it in Windows 10: Greetings all. We have a number of networked barcode printers set up and shared on a Windows 2012 server. They all use the Generic/Text Only driver. In Windows 7 we are able to print to these printers by specifying the UNC path in our application, such as L:...
  10. Problem with HP Printer Driver

Problem with HP Printer Driver: Driver Program opens fine, goto select software wanna install, stops dead there, click on to Continue, nothing happens, even tried another mouse no luck, WIndows 10 Pro 64bit Creators 15063.296, Logitech Mouse, G600 8.92.67 driver for that. Printer is Deskjet F4480 84322