Windows 10: How to install linux without destroying windows on a bought laptop

Discus and support How to install linux without destroying windows on a bought laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, Im waiting for my laptop to arrive, it's got windows pre-installed on it and I'm not sure if you get a CD or a key or something with it.I plan to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by notmenotyou1, Jul 9, 2021.

1. How to install linux without destroying windows on a bought laptop

So, Im waiting for my laptop to arrive, it's got windows pre-installed on it and I'm not sure if you get a CD or a key or something with it.I plan to wipe it and install Linux on it, rather than doing it in virtual box because windows love eating up disk space that's not its own.Perhabs, in the future, I'd like to be able to go back to windows but I am worried that I will have no proof of ownership or a key, and it wont recognise it as legitimate.Is there a way of making sure I can get it back? Im buying the laptop in Sweden if that matters.

:)

notmenotyou1, Jul 9, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 9, 2021
  3. nkomp18 Win User
    Windows 10 Installation completely destroyed my laptop

Hi there,

Maybe you didn't read? I had followed DELLs steps and the installation was successful.

Windows 10 destroyed my laptop randomly the next day, for no reason. It was working fine for a while. No driver issues or anything like that.

The most frustrating this is that the only solution now is to find Windows 8, install, run all available updates and then install Windows 10. Something which will take many many hours and after it is done might, again, destroy my laptop again for no reason.

nkomp18, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Depth Win User

How to install linux without destroying windows on a bought laptop

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

How to install linux without destroying windows on a bought laptop

1. How to install linux without destroying windows on a bought laptop - Similar Threads - install linux without

2. Windows destroying Linux installation on another SSD without user input, after connecting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows destroying Linux installation on another SSD without user input, after connecting...: Hello and good day.Summary: Windows 11 overwrote Linux installation on different SSD after connecting a USB flashdrive.Side note: Uploading screenshots keeps failing due to an unknown reason.I'm here because I'm so lost with how something like this is even remotely possible...
  3. Windows destroying Linux installation on another SSD without user input, after connecting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows destroying Linux installation on another SSD without user input, after connecting...: Hello and good day.Summary: Windows 11 overwrote Linux installation on different SSD after connecting a USB flashdrive.Side note: Uploading screenshots keeps failing due to an unknown reason.I'm here because I'm so lost with how something like this is even remotely possible...
  4. How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.

How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.: So, I want to install Windows 10 on my PC that currently runs Linux Mint but I don't want to remove Linux mint or have to reinstall Linux mint. Anything I can do? All of the websites I find are just installing Windows 10 over Linux and just reinstalling Linux. I don't want to...
  5. How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install windows 10 alongside Linux mint without removing my current Linux distro.: So, I want to install Windows 10 on my PC that currently runs Linux Mint but I don't want to remove Linux mint or have to reinstall Linux mint. Anything I can do? All of the websites I find are just installing Windows 10 over Linux and just reinstalling Linux. I don't want to...
  6. Bought Lenovo laptop, uninstalled Windows, installed Linux, uninstalled Linux, reinstalled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Lenovo laptop, uninstalled Windows, installed Linux, uninstalled Linux, reinstalled...: So I bought a laptop from Lenovo and replaced Windows with Kali Linux. It was a horrible decision, so I reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB.Long story short: no networks show up to connect to and I have a yellow symbol next to my network adapter in the device manager.I have...
  7. Bought Lenovo laptop, uninstalled Windows, installed Linux, uninstalled Linux, reinstalled...

Bought Lenovo laptop, uninstalled Windows, installed Linux, uninstalled Linux, reinstalled...: So I bought a laptop from Lenovo and replaced Windows with Kali Linux. It was a horrible decision, so I reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB.Long story short: no networks show up to connect to and I have a yellow symbol next to my network adapter in the device manager.I have...
  8. Bought Lenovo laptop, uninstalled Windows, installed Linux, uninstalled Linux, reinstalled...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Destroyed macOS, Linux Partition by Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Destroyed macOS, Linux Partition by Windows Installation: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ritzcarltn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jv19dj/destroyed_macos_linux_partition_by_windows/
  10. Windows 10 Installation completely destroyed laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Installation completely destroyed laptop: Hi all I have a DELL Inspiron laptop (17R 5737) which was originally running Windows 8 (and later 8.1) with all updates installed. I tried upgrading to Windows 10 and I had a few installation errors but on the 6th try it worked because I chose not to keep my...