Windows 10: How to install macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11?

Discus and support How to install macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With this article, you can learn how to install macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11. It's true that more people want to know how to get Windows on a Mac,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 21, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to install macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11?

With this article, you can learn how to install macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11. It's true that more people want to know how to get Windows on a Mac, but the tables can be turned in some cases.

There are several reasons why someone may need to use macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11. One reason could be for development purposes, where a developer needs to test their application on a macOS environment but does not have access to a physical Mac computer. Another reason could be for educational purposes, where a student needs to learn how to use macOS for a class or certification program but does not own a Mac computer. Additionally, some people may prefer certain macOS applications or workflows but prefer to use Windows as their primary operating system. In these cases, running macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11 allows users to have the best of both worlds by accessing macOS while still using Windows as their primary OS.

Here are the steps to install macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11:

1. First, you need to download VirtualBox and macOS ISO files. Make sure you have a compatible version of VirtualBox with your Windows 11 operating system and a macOS ISO file for the version of macOS you want to install.
    2. Open VirtualBox and create a new virtual machine. Give it a name, choose the type as macOS, and set the version to the appropriate macOS version you have downloaded.
    3. Allocate the appropriate amount of RAM and hard disk space for the virtual machine. Ensure you have enough space on your hard drive to accommodate both the VirtualBox program and the macOS virtual machine.
    4. Next, in the settings for the virtual machine, go to the Storage section and select the macOS ISO file you downloaded in step 1. This will allow you to boot from the macOS installer when you start the virtual machine.
    5. Finally, start the virtual machine and follow the prompts to install macOS. Make sure to format the virtual hard drive and select the appropriate options during the installation process.

Once the installation is complete, you should have a fully functioning macOS virtual machine running in VirtualBox on your Windows 11 computer. If you need a detailed explanation, keep reading...

How to install macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11? How-to-install-macOS-in-VirtualBox-on-Windows-11-11.jpg

Check out how to Install MacOS on Windows 10 in a Virtual Machine.

Before starting the installation procedure, you will need to install VirtualBox and its extension pack. Follow the steps mentioned below to install MacOS on a Windows device:

• Download VirtualBox by clicking on the provided link and install it on your device.
    • Download VirtualBox Extension Pack by clicking this link, and once it's downloaded, click on it to begin the installation process. Follow the on-screen prompts and agree to the terms and conditions.
    • Once the Extension Pack is installed, it will be integrated into VirtualBox.
    • Download the MacOS Big Sur ISO file by clicking.
    • Open Oracle VM VirtualBox and click on the "New" button to create a new virtual machine.
    • In the "Name" field, type "MacOS Big Sur" and select "Expert Mode."
    • Follow the instructions provided to complete the setup process for the virtual machine.
    • In Oracle VM VirtualBox, name the virtual machine "MacOS Big Sur."
    • Adjust the memory size of the virtual machine by using the slider to increase it up to 8GB. If your computer doesn't support this amount, allocate at least 50% of your computer's physical RAM.
    • Check the "Create a Virtual Hard Disk" option and click on the "Create" button.
    • Use the slider to set the size of the virtual hard disk according to your preference, taking into consideration the available storage on your computer. We recommend allocating 60 GB for the virtual machine.
    • Select "VMDK (Virtual Machine Disk)" as the hard disk file type and click on "Create."
    • Click on "Settings" and navigate to the "System" tab. Click on "Processor" and adjust the processor allocation using the slider. We recommend allocating half of your processor's core count for optimal performance.
    • Navigate to the "Display" tab and adjust the video memory allocation by using the slider under the "Screen" tab.
    • Go back to the "Storage" tab and click on "Empty" under the "Storage Devices" section.
    • Click on the Optical Disk icon located on the right sidebar and select "Create a Virtual Optical Disk" from the drop-down menu.
    • Click on the "Add" button and browse for the MacOS ISO file that you previously downloaded.
    • Select the ISO file in File Explorer and click on "Open." Then, click on "Choose" and then on "OK."
    • Close VirtualBox and open Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following lines into the Command Prompt and hit Enter. Alternatively, you can execute them one by one. Replace "MacOS Big Sur" with the name of your virtual machine.

cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "MacOS Big Sur" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata "MacOS Big Sur" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "MacOS Big Sur" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "MacOS Big Sur" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple" VBoxManage setextradata "MacOS Big Sur" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "MacOS Big Sur" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
    • Open VirtualBox again and click on "Start."
    • Select your preferred language on the next screen.
    • Click on the right arrow button located at the bottom right corner and select the "Disk Utility" option.
    • Select "VBOX HARDDISK Media" in the left pane and click on the "Erase" option.
    • Name the hard disk "Mac OS Big Sur" and click on the "Erase" button. Once the process is complete, click on "Done."
    • Click on "Disk Utility" in the menu and select the "Quit Disk Utility" option.
    • Select the "Install MacOS Big Sur" option.
    • Hit "Continue."
    • On the License Agreement page, click on "Agree" and then again in the pop-up window.
    • Select the hard disk and click on "Continue."
    • The installation of Mac OS will now begin on your Windows 11 device. This process may take some time, depending on the resources allocated to the virtual machine. During the installation procedure, the virtual machine may restart several times.
      Once the installation is complete, a page will appear asking you to select your country or region. Select the required ones and click on "Continue."
    • Choose "Continue" on the written and spoken languages tab.
    • On the Accessibility page, click on "Not Now."
    • In the Data and Privacy window, click on "Continue."
    • In the Migration Assistant window, click on "Not Now."
    • You will be prompted to log in using your Apple ID. Click on "Set Up Later," then on "Skip."
    • Click on "Agree" in the Terms and Conditions window and then in the pop-up window that appears.
    • Create a computer account by providing your full name, account name, and password. Once done, click on the "Continue" button.
    • Choose "Continue" again in the Express setup window.
    • Select "Continue" on the Analytics and Screen Time windows.
    • Click on "Continue" under Siri.
    • After the installation of MacOS on your Windows 11 device, you can select the appearance of MacOS from the available options, which include dark, light, and auto. Once you have made your selection, click on the Continue button.
    • Next, you will see the Keyboard Setup Assistant window. Follow the instructions on the screen to calibrate your keyboard and ensure that it is functioning properly. Once you have completed the calibration process, click on the Continue button.
    • That’s all!

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to install macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11? appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 21, 2023

2. Unable to install virtualbox on windows 11

Hello Rose. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Troubleshoot Virtual Box won't install on Windows 11:

https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-install-and-use-v...

https://geekrewind.com/how-to-install-virtualbo...

https://www.reddit.com/r/virtualbox/comments/rn...

https://borncity.com/win/2022/03/16/windows-11-...

https://www.reddit.com/r/virtualbox/comments/pw...

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/orac...

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=1...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20 (retired), Mar 21, 2023
  3. VirtualBox (macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux) for Windows 95

What is the compatible VirtualBoxs (macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux) for Windows 95?

MarcoNabil, Mar 21, 2023
  4. How to install macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11?

I want to install operating system MacOS, Linux up virtual machine Virtualbox. Please let me know where to download the MacOS, Linux

I want to install operating system MacOS, Linux up virtual machine Virtualbox. Please let me know where to download the MacOS, Linux

I have searching for MacOS, Linux on websites but I do not know which web site safe to download. Please thank you

Thao Nguyen998, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

1. How to install macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11? - Similar Threads - install macOS VirtualBox

2. How to install Windows 11 in Virtualbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 11 in Virtualbox?: I have tried enabling uefi and secure boot but it stops at the setup screen and says "This PC cannot run Windows 11".I even tried using DISM but I found out that the install file is install.esd.Can anyone help me to install Windows 11 in Virtualbox?Specs of my Host PC:HP...
  3. How to install Windows 11 in Virtualbox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Windows 11 in Virtualbox?: I have tried enabling uefi and secure boot but it stops at the setup screen and says "This PC cannot run Windows 11".I even tried using DISM but I found out that the install file is install.esd.Can anyone help me to install Windows 11 in Virtualbox?Specs of my Host PC:HP...
  4. how to create macos in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to create macos in windows 11?: I need to know how to create macros for repetitive key stroke within Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-macos-in-windows-11/88bd9d7a-1404-400e-aa95-4116be264604
  5. how to create macos in windows 11?

how to create macos in windows 11?: I need to know how to create macros for repetitive key stroke within Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-macos-in-windows-11/88bd9d7a-1404-400e-aa95-4116be264604
  6. Unable to install virtualbox on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install virtualbox on windows 11: Hi Team,I installed virtualbox version 6.1.38 on my laptop & I uninstalled it - since it did not uninstall properly, I tried deleting regedit keys & uninstallation was a success. I tried installing virtualbox version 6.1.40 again but it failed with fatal error message. So I...
  7. Unable to install virtualbox on windows 11

Unable to install virtualbox on windows 11: Hi Team,I installed virtualbox version 6.1.38 on my laptop & I uninstalled it - since it did not uninstall properly, I tried deleting regedit keys & uninstallation was a success. I tried installing virtualbox version 6.1.40 again but it failed with fatal error message. So I...
  8. VirtualBox macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux for Windows 95

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VirtualBox macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux for Windows 95: What is the compatible VirtualBoxs macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux for Windows 95? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualbox-macos-windows-android-and-linux-for/9e381214-e5bc-46b5-bd34-d8d8c11e8fcb
  9. VirtualBox macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux for Windows 95

VirtualBox macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux for Windows 95: What is the compatible VirtualBoxs macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux for Windows 95? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualbox-macos-windows-android-and-linux-for/9e381214-e5bc-46b5-bd34-d8d8c11e8fcb
  10. How to Install Windows 11 on Oracle VM VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    How to Install Windows 11 on Oracle VM VirtualBox: [ATTACH]Windows 11 is one of the hottest topics in the world of computers, and many are willing to test this much-awaited Operating System. The best way to test it is on a Virtual Machine. Hence, we brought to you this guide to install Windows 11 on Oracle VM VirtualBox. Can...