Windows 10: How to install new ssd without BSOD error?

Discus and support How to install new ssd without BSOD error? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I rescentely installed a new crucial ssd in my pc, which already has a western digital ssd. After a few minutes of boot up, my pc suffers BSOD error of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShravanSilekar, Dec 4, 2021.

1. How to install new ssd without BSOD error?

I rescentely installed a new crucial ssd in my pc, which already has a western digital ssd. After a few minutes of boot up, my pc suffers BSOD error of "Driver Power State Failure".How should i install the ssd without facing this error?

:)

ShravanSilekar, Dec 4, 2021
  2. X-PhilS Win User

Z Book BSOD with Second SSD Drive

Hi all

I have an issue with an HP Z Book. It is a new Generation 6 device and came with a pre-installed second SSD drive.

All worked fine until I tried to put our corporate image onto the primary OS SSD.

Firstly, the new OS installed onto the secondary SSD rather than the primary.

So I disconnected/removed the secondary, recreated the partition on the primary and loaded our stock OS.

The machine now works absolutely fine, as long as I do not try to re-introduce the second SSD drive.

If I reinstall this, the machine boots up OK for a second or two and then BSOD's.

Can anyone suggest the reason for this issue - the BSOD message reported a kernel error.

Any ideas on steps to take to resolve this?

Thanks

Phil

X-PhilS, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Dec 4, 2021
  4. cplpro Win User

How to install new ssd without BSOD error?

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile How to install new ssd without BSOD error? :)

cplpro, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

How to install new ssd without BSOD error?

1. How to install new ssd without BSOD error? - Similar Threads - install ssd without

2. BSOD Error After Installing New SSD In Place Of HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error After Installing New SSD In Place Of HDD: I Have A HP Laptop And Recently I Installed A New SSD On My Laptop And The Proccess I Did Was By Replacing The HDD With SSD And Putting The HDD In A Caddy And I Installed The Windows 11 On SSD With My HDD Removed And After Everything Was Set In My SSD I Installed The HDD...
  3. BSOD Error After Installing New SSD In Place Of HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Error After Installing New SSD In Place Of HDD: I Have A HP Laptop And Recently I Installed A New SSD On My Laptop And The Proccess I Did Was By Replacing The HDD With SSD And Putting The HDD In A Caddy And I Installed The Windows 11 On SSD With My HDD Removed And After Everything Was Set In My SSD I Installed The HDD...
  4. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  5. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  6. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to install new ssd without BSOD error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install new ssd without BSOD error?: I rescentely installed a new crucial ssd in my pc, which already has a western digital ssd. After a few minutes of boot up, my pc suffers BSOD error of "Driver Power State Failure".How should i install the ssd without facing this error?...
  8. How to install new ssd without BSOD error?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install new ssd without BSOD error?: I rescentely installed a new crucial ssd in my pc, which already has a western digital ssd. After a few minutes of boot up, my pc suffers BSOD error of "Driver Power State Failure".How should i install the ssd without facing this error?...
  9. BSOD after New ssd installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD after New ssd installation: Hi Guys. I have an inspiron 5578 laptop from dell. Its hdd had 448 bad sectors, so i decided to install a 2.5 inch sata ssdcrucial mx500 in its place. I've tried installing fresh os, oem image, resetting from recovery drive, but no matter how i install it, i end up getting...
  10. Clean Install on New SSD without installing upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install on New SSD without installing upgrade: I have reserved my copy of Win 10 (upgrade from Win7 Pro 32bit retail) , but i plan to fit a SSD and instill the 64bit version of Win 10. does windows 10 need to be upgrade installed first so Win 10 recognizes my hardware or can i download the ISO and do a clean install...