Windows 10: How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10

Discus and support How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft has launched new versions of Office this fall, but not all of them are the same. If you are running Office 365 or purchased a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andre Da Costa, Oct 7, 2018.

1. How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10

Microsoft has launched new versions of Office this fall, but not all of them are the same. If you are running Office 365 or purchased a new subscription, you will get the opportunity to experience a new interface that simplifies the Ribbon; first introduced in Office 2007. Microsoft still licenses a perpetual license for Office, called Office 2019. This is based on an earlier version of Office 365 with a frozen feature set, but won't include the new Ribbon user experience.

In this article we take a look at installing the new Office 365. For the purposes of this article, I will be installing from my Office 365 E3 subscription. Your options might be slightly different, but the steps are pretty much the same.

Step 1: Log into your Office 365 portal then click Install my software under 'Office software'

How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 d749bb77-f7b8-4bf9-b824-efc92756dbb8?upload=true.png

Step 2: This will take you to the installation page, listing all apps bundled with the edition you are installing. You can also choose advanced options.

How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 b4c4251a-dd0e-433b-a683-fd866336c64f?upload=true.png

Step 3: Users can choose their language and architecture (32 or 64 bit) if they want. Make sure any add in's you depend on are compatible with the 64 bit version of the suite. I will go with the 64 bit version because of its ability to harness more than 4 GBs of RAM, which is great for larger spreadsheets. You can then proceed to click install to begin the installation.

How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 1ed10c62-e4fe-450e-bc0f-e06447053cfd?upload=true.png

Step 4: Office will prompt you download and install a small 7 MB file. This is a click to run installer which will kick off setup. Go ahead and save the file.

How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 b7b3fabb-08ab-41ab-a031-522737c6c14a?upload=true.png

Step 5: Launch the downloaded file from your downloads.

How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 2fa66c97-86c4-4772-8d57-dfeac9da8bce?upload=true.png

Step 6: Wait while Office setup begins.

How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 16a99c9a-7e7e-4444-b3ff-c193f9803a33?upload=true.png

Step 7: Office 365 does not provide any customization options, so, you cannot pick and choose which apps or features are installed. It will immediately jump into installation. Depending on the speed of your Internet, it can take sometime. On a 65 MB connection, I had the suite installed in 15 minutes. You can go ahead and do something else in the mean time while the suite installs.

How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 3290a3be-8862-4229-a78c-2c2ff4eecd9d?upload=true.png

Step 8: When its done, you will get a notification installation is complete.

How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 b1f14704-d616-4bf3-adf1-4152b67dccfd?upload=true.png

Users will recognize the new Ribbon, which features a cleaner design with accented color title bars.

How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 ac23dc48-54c8-4409-8720-c13af77623ba?upload=true.png

Things to keep in mind

Office 365 is a bit unique, which means, if it depends the existence of a traditional Windows Installer version Office or related application thats not from a subscription, it will halt the installation.

Thats what happened when I was installing the suite on my device:

How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 d9b4488e-5c70-4e43-be0c-296922cfe22f?upload=true.png

This will require that you prepare to find and uninstall any such products. In my case, it was the free Skype for Business Basics. Since Office 365 Pro Plus would already include Skype, I removed it from Settings or Control Panel.

How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 016618af-4206-49ed-bdce-b3caf66931ed?upload=true.png

Thats it, let us know about your experience using the new Office in the comments.

:)

Andre Da Costa, Oct 7, 2018

2. Unable to Activate Office 365 Pro Plus on Windows 10

Try accessing your Office 365 account using your student email .edu address. From there, you can download a click to run application (not the full installer version) that should automatically activate.

See screenshot below:

How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 [​IMG]

theveterans, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    MIcrosoft 365 Pro Plus

Hi Bálint,

This shouldn't be an issue, unless you have a very limited storage space. Your system may perform poorly when it doesn't have enough space to store additional files. Check this support article for the steps on how to

Free up drive space in Windows 10

Additionally, utility applications that comes with your Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus installation may be running automatically when your system starts, thus, using up some of your system resources. I recommend that you start your system in a

clean boot
    state and see if the issue persists.

Also do check if reinstalling Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus and your game applications can improve the situation.

Let me know how it goes.

Ferdz Amp, Oct 7, 2018
  4. How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10

Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10

1. How to Install Office 365 Pro Plus with the new Ribbon Interface on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Install Office 365

2. Office 365 Ribbons are magnified/zoomed?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Ribbons are magnified/zoomed?: Hello - I recently changed my laptop to a Thinkpad T490 (first time using a laptop with touch mode) running Windows 10. I noticed that my Office 365 apps have magnified ribbons? I can't seem to change it anywhere (Display Settings, Customize Ribbon, Changed from Touch mode to...
  3. Office 365 Ribbons are magnified/zoomed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Office 365 Ribbons are magnified/zoomed?: Hello - I recently changed my laptop to a Thinkpad T490 (first time using a laptop with touch mode) running Windows 10. I noticed that my Office 365 apps have magnified ribbons? I can't seem to change it anywhere (Display Settings, Customize Ribbon, Changed from Touch mode to...
  4. microsoft 365 installing office pro plus 2019

microsoft 365 installing office pro plus 2019: Hello, I have registered for a free trial of microsoft 365 about 3 days ago and I used the installer in my microsoft account to download microsoft 365 but when I use the online installer, it installs microsoft office 2019 pro plus instead of Microsoft 365 and it even looks a...
  5. Installing Office 365 over Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016

Installing Office 365 over Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016: What is the best way to Install Office 365 (Home) over/in place of Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016? When I went from Office 2013 to Office 2016, somehow both editions showed up at the same time when I viewed Office Account - Product activation. The more I tried to fix it...
  6. Office 365 subscription changed to MS Office Pro Plus 2016

Office 365 subscription changed to MS Office Pro Plus 2016: After upgrading to 20152.1 my Office 365 has changed to MS Office Pro Plus 2016 and is requiring activation If I select Change license option then my valid MS Office 365 license is presented but nothing appears to happen when I select it and click next (it stays as MS Office...
  7. Office 365 and new Outlook simplified ribbon

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 and new Outlook simplified ribbon: Well, if you’re using Outlook for a while, then you will be familiar with Outlook ribbon - contains all of the options and commands that you use to accomplish tasks in Outlook. For example, you can click buttons on the ribbon to create a new email, delete emails, open a new...
  8. In Jan. 2019 Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus automatically installed and the default Office....

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Jan. 2019 Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus automatically installed and the default Office....: I have Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 installed on my computer. I noticed in January 2019 that Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus en-us was then installed and now the default office program. I don't know why it was installed. I would like to use my Home and Student...
  9. MS Office Pro Plus not installing

MS Office Pro Plus not installing: Guys, after doing a clean install of windows 10, I am unable to install ms office pro plus. The error is osppsvc make sure you have sufficient privileges to start system services. Plz help me. Thnx in advance!! 39800
  10. Unable to Activate Office 365 Pro Plus on Windows 10

Unable to Activate Office 365 Pro Plus on Windows 10: I am eligible to use Office 365 Pro Plus through my University and was able to use it with no issues on Windows 7, but upon attempting to install the programs on Windows 10 I am unable to activate the programs through the Microsoft Activation Wizard. I consistently receive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get new ribbon icon office 365 proplus

2. how to get new ribbon icon office365 proplus

3. nu vot

4. office 365 new ribbon,
  5. how to install office 365 proplus,
  6. office pro plus new ribbon,
  7. windows 10 pro and 365 proplus,
  8. setup new office 365 ribbon