Windows 10: How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Try changing the properties of the scan software to 'Run as Administrator'. This cures a lot of programs that don't exit gracefully on newer versions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve C, Aug 23, 2015.

1. JGA
    jga Win User

How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10

Tried this, but get the same result. Not sure how to use Compatibility mode.
    Thanks,

2. Mickw Win User

This worked for me and I'm delighted to have my scanner back working again. I deleted everything Epson before starting, and my scanner showed up as an unknown device before I started, but otherwise I think all the steps went as shown here. Thanks again.

Mickw, Oct 6, 2016
  3. hsgram Win User
    Steve, will this solution work for an Epson 1240u scanner?

Thanks!

hsgram, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Steve C, Nov 11, 2016
  5. Tedcom Win User
    Thanks for all the help in this thread but I still cannot get my 1200S to work. I presume the 1200U and 1240U models are USB connections but I have a SCSI i/f. I have managed to install a SCSI driver that shows (correctly?) in the device manager under other devices as "EPSON Perfection 1200 SCSI Processor device" but after installing the driver for the 2400 the scanner s/w fails to start - even after several reboots. Has anyone managed to get an EPSON SCSI scanner working under Windows 10?

Tedcom, Nov 20, 2016
  6. Tedcom Win User
    *Smile I persevered and tried several of the Epson driver downloads and managed some success with GT10000 driver. My SCSI controller was showing as the Perfection 1200 SCSI (as in the post above) but this was due to an earlier trial installation of Vuescan which works but on updating this driver to the GT10000 installed from the epson31729eu.exe download and rebooting the scanner does work with Epson scan. I am getting an error noise as the scanning light returns to its rest position after each scan but will experiment with the settings as well as try a few other downloads too for scanners with a SCSI i/f. All in all thanks to Steve for pointing me in the right direction.

Tedcom, Nov 23, 2016
  7. hsgram Win User
    hsgram, Nov 24, 2016
  8. skip212 Win User

Hi Steve,
    I have the Epson Perfection 1260 Scanner. I tried your suggestion installing the 2400 drivers, they installed, but the scanner will not run... Any other suggestions? I am running windows 10
    Thank you much.

skip212, Jan 4, 2017
  9. Steve C Win User
    Did you do a full PC restart and check the scanner cable is OK? Try different scanners if the TWAINUI dialogue offers any options. Does the scanner work on other PCs to check if there is a scanner fault? There is third party scanning software you can try / buy like this VueScan Scanner Software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux

Steve C, Jan 4, 2017
  10. skip212 Win User
    Yes to your questions... When I'm installing the software the twain part error's out. All the rest of the software installs, but the twain device...

skip212, Jan 4, 2017
  11. ARichard Win User
    Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! *Smile

ARichard, Jan 24, 2017
  12. Blackcat Win User
    I had searched for two days to find a way to make my old 1200 Epson scanner work again after I had a new computer running Windows 7. I contacted Epson in the UK who said it was no longer compatible. Thanks so much!*Smile

Blackcat, Feb 2, 2017
  13. Steve C Win User

I'm pleased my fix works for you. I've found every few months that Windows 10 decides not to recognise the old scanner so you may need to reinstall the drivers I recommended.

Steve C, Feb 3, 2017
  14. tahuya Win User
    Hi, after the latest Win 10 update: ver 1703, build 15063.413 just now. The previous Epson 2400 work-around was removed/missing after system rebooting. I have to reinstall the work-around but it would not run. Windows does not even give me the option to select the driver from the list. Has anyone experienced the same problem and any recommendations is appreciated. Thanks.

tahuya, Jun 14, 2017
  15. Hi Tahuya,
    I also have the latest Windows 10 update, version 1703 build 15063.413 (on a Pro 64 bit machine). The upgrade disabled my old Epson 1200 scanner, as usual, but I found that the work-around to use the 2400 driver was straightforward, as follows.
    Device Manager showed the yellow warning triangle against the Epson Perfection 2400 imaging device. Double click, then select Driver, then Update Driver. Next 'browse my computer for driver software', then 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer'. This brings up a manufacturer list which includes Epson, and when selected that gives Epson Perfection 2400 as one of the options.
    Job done in under two minutes.

MikeinGrange, Jun 17, 2017
Thema:

1. How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Install Old Epson

2. New Epson Perfection V370 Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Epson Perfection V370 Scanner: New scanner is not recognised Windows 10 64bit ! Tried loads of suggestions from the net etc etc but no success, error crode 43 and usb devise not recognised ! Any suggestions welcome please, using a Dell Latitude Laptop, all software/drivers seem to be latest...
  3. Epson Perfection V33 scanner installation& drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Epson Perfection V33 scanner installation& drivers: need to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-perfection-v33-scanner-installation-drivers/27d1fd9a-1576-42dd-939f-651e4b34e586
  4. epson 1200

epson 1200: Just recently upgraded to windows 10 Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903 OS Build 18362.418 Today I tried to use my old Epson 1200 and it would not work. I looked at device manager and it was listed but when I...
  5. Epson Perfection V850 scanner - update driver

Epson Perfection V850 scanner - update driver: I have a brand new Epson Perfection V850 scanner. A fairly high-end scanner for 35 mm film. It scans in 3 modes and the more advanced modes (Home & Pro) are producing inferior results to the Auto mode. Epson tech support does not seem to want to consider that this is a driver...
  6. Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner: I have an Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner and have not had any previous trouble with Windows 10. Recently Epson Scan started to crash. This happens when I click on any window outside the Epson scan interface and then click back into Epson scan. Then a blue circle starts...
  7. Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver

Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver: Hope this may be of help to someone.*Smile The following file/driver enabled me to run a 2480 scanner [paid £3 for at a car-boot] in windows 10 64bit Epson Perfection 24803.0u It is Version 3.0u Make sure you remove all previous drivers for the scanner, then...
  8. Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner

Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner: Hi I had a computer crash after a windows update Microsoft fixed the computer remotely and things are fine but I have lost the driver that I found some years ago that would make this old scanner work it was a Epson driver but for a completely different scanner when the driver...
  9. How to install old Epson Perfection 1250 scanner in Win10?

How to install old Epson Perfection 1250 scanner in Win10?: I have an Epson Perfection 1250 scanner which is about 15 years old, but still useful - or it would be if I could get it running in Win 10. I still have the original CD with the driver software. When I moved from XP to Win 7, all I needed to get was a Win 7 Twain driver,...
  10. Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner: Hi, has anyone been able to get the Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner to work with Windows 10 64bit 28479

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install old epson scanners in windows 10

2. epson perfection 1200 scanner in windows 10 installieren