Windows 10: How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi MikeinGrange, Thanks for the quick reply. I don't see the Epson 2400 on my Device Manager and hence can't move on from there. I only see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve C, Aug 23, 2015.

1. tahuya Win User

How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10

Hi MikeinGrange,

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't see the Epson 2400 on my Device Manager and hence can't move on from there. I only see the Epson 1200 with the yellow warning triangle. When I tried to update this driver, it does not allow me the option to select from the manufacturer list.

tahuya, Jun 17, 2017
  2. tahuya Win User

Hi, I also noticed the basic "image device" tab is missing under Device Manager, and the Epson 1200 shows up under "other devices" . I may have some other issues which caused my problem.

tahuya, Jun 17, 2017
  3. Hi tahuya,
    It doesn’t really matter whether Device Manager shows the scanner under Imaging devices or Other devices, so long as it is shown (bear in mind that it will not be seen by Device Manager if it is switched off). It appears as an Epson 1200 because it has not yet taken the driver change to make it behave like a 2400.
    If you had the scanner working before the latest Windows update, then you must have the appropriate driver (epson12180.exe) on your PC. Do you know where it is, or can you find it? If you do then, when trying to update the driver, instead of selecting 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer' choose ‘Search for drivers in this location’ then browse to the relevant folder.
    If you don’t have the driver, or can’t find it, then download again from:
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...rm=OSF_W_10-64
    When you are at the Epson screen, enter the product as Epson Perfection 2400 and then download the epson12180.exe driver.

MikeinGrange, Jun 18, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

My original fix of using the Epson Perfection 2400 Windows 7 driver still works with the Perfection 1200 scanner but Epson Scan no longer works properly with the latest version of Windows 10. The program runs but it won't display the preview image. The Windows 10 scanner utility works but has no function to modify the black /white levels before scanning. Has anyone found a free scanning utility having image adjustment tools which works withe the Epson Perfection 1200 scanner - maybe a later version of Epson Scan?

Steve C, Dec 22, 2017
  5. Graeme S Win User
    I wanted to thank you for this tip on getting my operational Epson Perfection 1200U scanner working under Windows 10 Pro.
    I recently updated to v1709 bld 16299.125 (according to winver) and as others have noted, Windows kindly got rid of the 2400U driver workaround.
    Tonight I was finally able to go through the workaround again using the epson12180.exe as before, including reinstalling Epson Scan v3.04A, it seems to work.
    re "image adjustment tools" - I haven't tested it extensively but the brightness button allows me to change sliders for brightness and contrast that then show the appropriate effect in the preview before the scan takes place.

If I can help any further let me know and I'll see if I can replicate your problem or more importantly help solve it.

Graeme S, Dec 28, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    I should have posted after my Post 32 above that I used Revo to completely remove Epson Scan. I then reinstalled the Perfection 2400U Windows 7 driver as mentioned before in Windows 10 FCU and all now works again.

Steve C, Dec 28, 2017
  7. I am also using version 1709 build 16299.125 and find that Epson Scan behaves exactly as before, without any need to reinstall. All of the adjustment options are available if Professional Mode is selected.

MikeinGrange, Dec 31, 2017
  8. How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10

Steve I just joined the forum just to say thanks!
    I've used your solution a couple of times since switching to Win10. It seems that, not all, but some Win10 updates will wipe out the driver so I have to reinstall it. I first used your solution on win8 and found it to also work in 10. So thanks again.

Leorumthug, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Install Old Epson Perfection 1200 Scanner in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Install Old Epson

2. New Epson Perfection V370 Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Epson Perfection V370 Scanner: New scanner is not recognised Windows 10 64bit ! Tried loads of suggestions from the net etc etc but no success, error crode 43 and usb devise not recognised ! Any suggestions welcome please, using a Dell Latitude Laptop, all software/drivers seem to be latest...
  3. Epson Perfection V33 scanner installation& drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Epson Perfection V33 scanner installation& drivers: need to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-perfection-v33-scanner-installation-drivers/27d1fd9a-1576-42dd-939f-651e4b34e586
  4. epson 1200

epson 1200: Just recently upgraded to windows 10 Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903 OS Build 18362.418 Today I tried to use my old Epson 1200 and it would not work. I looked at device manager and it was listed but when I...
  5. Epson Perfection V850 scanner - update driver

Epson Perfection V850 scanner - update driver: I have a brand new Epson Perfection V850 scanner. A fairly high-end scanner for 35 mm film. It scans in 3 modes and the more advanced modes (Home & Pro) are producing inferior results to the Auto mode. Epson tech support does not seem to want to consider that this is a driver...
  6. Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner: I have an Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner and have not had any previous trouble with Windows 10. Recently Epson Scan started to crash. This happens when I click on any window outside the Epson scan interface and then click back into Epson scan. Then a blue circle starts...
  7. Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver

Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver: Hope this may be of help to someone.*Smile The following file/driver enabled me to run a 2480 scanner [paid £3 for at a car-boot] in windows 10 64bit Epson Perfection 24803.0u It is Version 3.0u Make sure you remove all previous drivers for the scanner, then...
  8. Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner

Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner: Hi I had a computer crash after a windows update Microsoft fixed the computer remotely and things are fine but I have lost the driver that I found some years ago that would make this old scanner work it was a Epson driver but for a completely different scanner when the driver...
  9. How to install old Epson Perfection 1250 scanner in Win10?

How to install old Epson Perfection 1250 scanner in Win10?: I have an Epson Perfection 1250 scanner which is about 15 years old, but still useful - or it would be if I could get it running in Win 10. I still have the original CD with the driver software. When I moved from XP to Win 7, all I needed to get was a Win 7 Twain driver,...
  10. Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner: Hi, has anyone been able to get the Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner to work with Windows 10 64bit 28479

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install epson perfection 1200 photo

2. epson12180.exe

3. how to install driver for epson 1200u scanner

4. epson perfection 1200 windows 10,
  5. epson perfection 1200u windows 10