Windows 10: How to install Pending Windows Updates, some pending for months?

Discus and support How to install Pending Windows Updates, some pending for months? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have an HP 64-bit laptop, running Windows 10 Home, 12gb memory, 2t hard drive. I have four Windows Updates in the Pending Install status and a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by morlaine, Jun 11, 2019.

1. morlaine Win User

How to install Pending Windows Updates, some pending for months?

Have an HP 64-bit laptop, running Windows 10 Home, 12gb memory, 2t hard drive.

I have four Windows Updates in the Pending Install status and a couple of them have been waiting for a couple of months. How do I get them to install? There is no Install button that I can find. Why can't I control when that happens and maybe they wouldn't stack up like this?

And I have one that says it's downloading and has been sitting at 53% for more than three hours. Even with my very slow internet connection, that seems unreasonable.

Looking for suggestions.

:)

morlaine, Jun 11, 2019
  2. e9leyland Win User

Update Pending Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18362.1 (19H1_RELEASE)

Yes, that turns off flighting whatever that means. *Smile How do I remove the update that is pending restart? I used the windows 10 update troubleshooter and it seems to have done something. I reboot the machine, and there is still the update pending restart. I run the update troubleshooter again and it finds nothing to fix. I looked at installed updates under add/remove programs, view installed updated radio button and could not find it. I will feel much better getting rid of the pending restart and the slow ring preview build altogether. Any suggestions?

e9leyland, Jun 11, 2019
  3. IanPCook Win User
    Updates pending

Thanks, I have just tried this but can't download Lumia system updater either. It suits in the download list as pending too.

IanPCook, Jun 11, 2019
  4. DDHill Win User

Windows authomatic downloads are all pending.

I recently had to reinstall Windows 10. Now my Windows updates all say pending but they are all pending. I have tried all the steps suggested in the community forum all except doing a clean installation. What can I do. I upgraded from Windows 8 several
    years back and now I have Windows 8 and Windows 10 downloads. What can I do

DDHill, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How to install Pending Windows Updates, some pending for months? - Similar Threads - install Pending Updates

2. Pending updates are not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pending updates are not installing: I have cumulative updates in my system and it never install. I dont have error message or code that I can provide but the update stuck at 60 then start all over again in the download. I have been dealing with this for 3 days now and never install.I run windows update...
  3. Pending updates are not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pending updates are not installing: I have cumulative updates in my system and it never install. I dont have error message or code that I can provide but the update stuck at 60 then start all over again in the download. I have been dealing with this for 3 days now and never install.I run windows update...
  4. Pending updates are not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. pending to install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    pending to install: I have tons of apps that says pending to install but never install. I have Windows 10 Pro and I check on the time and date as per said in the other forums and turn off my anti virus but it is still the same....
  6. pending to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pending to install: I have tons of apps that says pending to install but never install. I have Windows 10 Pro and I check on the time and date as per said in the other forums and turn off my anti virus but it is still the same....
  7. pending install of windows update

pending install of windows update: all updates are downloaded but not installing also i donot want to update feature update of version 1909 but how to stop this [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pending-install-of-windows-update/63b1ccea-7998-4d33-9333-7b762c5c8656
  8. install pending updates

install pending updates: Hello! I am brand new to Windows 10. I know, what took me so long right? The update system is a lot different than what I'm used to, I can't seem to find the "Install" button. There's just "Pause updates for 7 days" "Change active hours" "View update history"...
  9. pending install

pending install: what it means what are the status of downloading explain it to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pending-install/4d2f99fc-b356-4678-aebc-3c01f5d23b05
  10. Updates Pending to Installed

Updates Pending to Installed: How do I get from Pending to Installed when new updates have completed the download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-pending-to-installed/4b6e947b-a2c1-478e-924f-d1e8282c095a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pending install windows 10 updates

2. updates pending install hung up

3. how to get windows updates to install when pending

4. windows updates pending install,
  5. windows 10 pending install,
  6. windows update pending install,
  7. windows updates pending install windows 10,
  8. status pending install,
  9. how install pending update windows,
  10. what do you do when its pending install,
  11. how to install a pending install update,