Windows 10: How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop?

Discus and support How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am a new Windows 10 user, and I am trying to install a plugin from the Microsoft Store called QuickLook, which allows users to preview files with the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Vincent Brick, Jun 14, 2022.

1. How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop?

I am a new Windows 10 user, and I am trying to install a plugin from the Microsoft Store called QuickLook, which allows users to preview files with the space bar like Mac. When I try to install the plugin, MS Store gives me an error stating "It doesn't look like you have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account." The error message has a "more info" link, but it only takes you to troubleshooting info, not instructions on how to sign in. I am logged into my computer and Microsoft Store using the same account, and my co

:)

Vincent Brick, Jun 14, 2022

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 14, 2022
  3. IrfanView + Plugin Pack

I'd suggest IrfanView + Plugin Pack (I've used it for ~10 years).

It lets you:
    • View images (multiple formats)
    • View videos (multiple formats)
    • Listen to audio (multiple formats)
    • Read txt & pdf files (probably other types too)
    It's is one of the first programs I install in my Windows OS installs.

lehnerus2000, Jun 14, 2022
  4. How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop?

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jun 14, 2022
Thema:

How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop?

1. How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop? - Similar Threads - install plugins Microsoft

2. How do i remove download for xbox game bar plugin from the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove download for xbox game bar plugin from the microsoft store: Hi im Ethan. In my microsoft store under the library section the xbox game bar plugin keeps saying downloading. I am unable to cancel the download and it is disrupting me from downloading other apps as whenever i choose to press the download button it is not working...
  3. How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop?: I am a new Windows 10 user, and I am trying to install a plugin from the Microsoft Store called QuickLook, which allows users to preview files with the space bar like Mac. When I try to install the plugin, MS Store gives me an error stating "It doesn't look like you have any...
  4. How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install plugins from Microsoft Store onto Win 10 desktop?: I am a new Windows 10 user, and I am trying to install a plugin from the Microsoft Store called QuickLook, which allows users to preview files with the space bar like Mac. When I try to install the plugin, MS Store gives me an error stating "It doesn't look like you have any...
  5. Can't Install gears 5 from microsoft store onto external SSD

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install gears 5 from microsoft store onto external SSD: i have game pass so when i click "install" it asks me to choose which drive to install to and the H drive which is my external SSD does not pop up it is an issue with every game i attempt to install from the windows store...
  6. Installing Python 3* on Win 10 from Microsoft store on PC

Installing Python 3* on Win 10 from Microsoft store on PC: I have Microsoft account and my PC is registered with Microsoft store. I downloaded Python 3.7 and 3.8 from the store but can't install either version. My machine matches the system requirements. The message is that it does not see any devices where Python could be installed....
  7. install win 10 onto laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install win 10 onto laptop: The question is this.. how on earth do i re-install a new version of win 10 on to my machine ? without any disks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-win-10-onto-laptop/57ad5e6c-5cee-4e72-8fd8-8a59e9cbcd00
  8. Installing Microsoft Store software onto a device that blocks the Store

Installing Microsoft Store software onto a device that blocks the Store: I've purchased software from the Store in-browser and went to install it only to discover my SystemAdmin blocked the app as well as the Xbox app service (since I'm on Education Edition). I am also unable to download it because my device is not "applicable" to download...
  9. How to copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon in WIN 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon in WIN 10?: On Windows 8 I could look up a web site and then if I was going to frequently use it I could click with my mouse anywhere on that site and copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon. How can I do that with windows 10 ?...
  10. How to install vhdx image onto win 10 new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install vhdx image onto win 10 new computer: Can I install a vhdx image backup file from an old computer (win 10) onto a new one? I no longer have access to the old computer. From my internet reading it would appear that virtualization might be invovled and I've managed to install a virtual machine on the new...