Windows 10: How to install programmatically Windows 10 Text To Speech on Windows 10 user?

Discus and support How to install programmatically Windows 10 Text To Speech on Windows 10 user? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I need to an installer that adds new Language Voices onto a Windows 10 computer user. I read some post that mentioned this manual procedure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by daniele_dp, Jan 20, 2019.

1. How to install programmatically Windows 10 Text To Speech on Windows 10 user?

Hello,

I need to an installer that adds new Language Voices onto a Windows 10 computer user.

I read some post that mentioned this manual procedure but that doesn't help on my request because it requires that user install the language:

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ad-aloud-4c83a8d8-7486-42f7-8e46-2b0fdf753130

What I would like to do is to Run the installation of the language.

Here, I see that for old Windows version (but not for Windows 10!), it's possible to download and install the Runtime and the Package language:

Microsoft Speech Platform - Runtime Languages (Version 11)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27224

I tried to install the runtime and to install the French package MSSpeech_SR_fr-FR_TELE.msi and MSSpeech_TTS_fr-FR_Hortense.msi but it doesn't work.

I think that those installers are not designed for Windows 10 because nothing will appear in Windows 10 Language Settings and the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\SPEECH\Voices\Tokens

Just to try, I've manually added Chinese and Englishlanguage as additional languages (following the first link that I pasted here) and that language will appear as I expected onto the Windows Registry Keys that I mentioned.

So, someone has an idea what my Installer should do to that add new language on Windows 10?

Thanks

Cheers

Daniele

:)

daniele_dp, Jan 20, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 20, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

How to install programmatically Windows 10 Text To Speech on Windows 10 user?

Delta6326, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

How to install programmatically Windows 10 Text To Speech on Windows 10 user?

1. How to install programmatically Windows 10 Text To Speech on Windows 10 user? - Similar Threads - install programmatically Text

2. How to install a language pack with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install a language pack with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting"...: How to install particular language For Ex: Arabic, Italian, Swedish, Spanish etc.. pack in Windows with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting" features enabled from native language pack list when these options are not enabled for the particular language in native...
  3. Windows 10 Text to Speech using the Narrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Text to Speech using the Narrator: ColleaguesI've tried to follow the on-line instructions for using Narrator, i.e. I've turned it on in Settings, but the Narrator then goes into a long introductory dialogue that I do not want to listen to. If I click on OK or Turn Off Narrator to stop the dialogue, the...
  4. Windows 10 Text to Speech using the Narrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Text to Speech using the Narrator: ColleaguesI've tried to follow the on-line instructions for using Narrator, i.e. I've turned it on in Settings, but the Narrator then goes into a long introductory dialogue that I do not want to listen to. If I click on OK or Turn Off Narrator to stop the dialogue, the...
  5. Windows 10 Speech to text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Speech to text: How can I get my speech to text to work in Windows 10? I've done the voice recognition three times and it never works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-speech-to-text/e4ed4318-bd1d-4644-9a91-db34f6bb7bb2
  6. Problem with the Text to Speech voices in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Problem with the Text to Speech voices in Windows 10: Hi, I am running a Windows 10 machine with all current updates installed. From the get go all text-to-speech voices sound very distorted and noisy, high pitched. It is by far not how the usual Windows 10 voices sound. YouTube videos play fine with good sound. Just the...
  7. Windows 10 Text To Speech Voice Offline Installers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Text To Speech Voice Offline Installers: I am looking for a way to install additional TTS voices without internet access. Are there offline installers for the microsoft voices? I need at least Hedda german and Hortense french? Any other Ideas?...
  8. Speech to text speech recognition headset compatibility - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speech to text speech recognition headset compatibility - Windows 10: Hi I would like to ask which headsets are good for Windows 10 speech to text please? I have researched but not getting very far. I'd really appreciate some advice. Thanks so much '...
  9. Windows 10 Text-to-speech doesn't work

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Text-to-speech doesn't work: Hi, I installed Windows 10 on my PC and Cortana doesn't work. System audio, notifications, videos in browser etc are working correctly but text to speech doesn't work. Voice samples in Speech settings (Microsoft David, Microsoft Zira and Microsoft Mark ) are not working...
  10. How to type text for text-to-speech

in Windows 10 Support
    How to type text for text-to-speech: In Windows 8 and below you could type any text for the text-to-speech to read, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to let you do that. Is there a way to get this feature back? This is the dialog for those who don't remember: [img] 76644