Windows 10: How to install PS Exec on a Windows 10 PC?

Discus and support How to install PS Exec on a Windows 10 PC? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I watched some Youtube videos on how to "install" PS Exec. They are mostly Windows 7 tutorials. Seems like Windows 10 is a bit different. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulaJava, Mar 4, 2020.

  1. PaulaJava Win User

    How to install PS Exec on a Windows 10 PC?


    I watched some Youtube videos on how to "install" PS Exec. They are mostly Windows 7 tutorials. Seems like Windows 10 is a bit different.

    I tried to add it to Environmental Variables>System Variables>Path Edit>New>%SystemRoot%\System32\PSTools but it's not working.

    I have the PS Tools here: C:\Windows\System32\PSTools

    Now what? *Banghead

    :)
     
    PaulaJava, Mar 4, 2020
    #1
  2. dotmarty Win User

    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

    I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

    Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

    Any suggestions?
     
    dotmarty, Mar 4, 2020
    #2
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

    I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?
     
    CK011885, Mar 4, 2020
    #3
  4. r.h.p Win User

    How to install PS Exec on a Windows 10 PC?

    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

    What's your intended PC specs ??
     
    r.h.p, Mar 4, 2020
    #4
Thema:

How to install PS Exec on a Windows 10 PC?

Loading...
  1. How to install PS Exec on a Windows 10 PC? - Similar Threads - install Exec

  2. Comet Browser not working, installing or opening on Windows PC

    in Windows 10 News
    Comet Browser not working, installing or opening on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Comet is one of the first AI browsers to integrate conversational search and agentic capabilities; however, many users have recently complained that they can’t install the browser on their Windows computers. Even if the installation goes through, the browser won’t...
  3. How to install and set up DBeaver on Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    How to install and set up DBeaver on Windows 11: [ATTACH]DBeaver is a popular tool for managing databases. It allows you to connect to databases, run SQL queries, browse tables, edit data, and manage database objects all in one place. DBeaver works with many databases, including PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, and...
  4. Unable to install Docker Desktop on Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    Unable to install Docker Desktop on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Docker Desktop is one of the easiest ways to run containers on Windows 11, but installation can sometimes fail or get stuck before setup completes. This can happen because of missing Windows features, an outdated WSL installation, disabled virtualization, or an...
  5. Hermes Agent Tips and Tricks; Best Practices for Windows install

    in Windows 10 News
    Hermes Agent Tips and Tricks; Best Practices for Windows install: [IMG]AI agents are slowly becoming a part of our everyday lives. They can browse the web, execute commands, work with files, and more. One such AI agent that is becoming really popular is Hermes Agent. It is an open-source AI agent that can interact with your operating system...
  6. Microsoft Ships Windows 11 Tool That Installs a Bing Extension in Chrome, Firefox, and Brave

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Ships Windows 11 Tool That Installs a Bing Extension in Chrome, Firefox, and Brave: Microsoft has created a standalone application for Windows 11 that installs a Bing browser extension in Chrome, Firefox, and Brave and then asks users to make Bing their default search engine. The tool, known as Microsoft Recommended Search Settings, is distributed as a 22.2...
  7. How to install and use Gemini CLI on Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    How to install and use Gemini CLI on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Gemini CLI brings Google’s Gemini AI directly to the Windows Terminal. Instead of opening a browser every time you want to ask Gemini something, you can run it from PowerShell and use it to work with files, write or explain code, troubleshoot errors, and perform other...
  8. Stop automatic installation of manufacturer bloatware on Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    Stop automatic installation of manufacturer bloatware on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows PCs come with many apps and programs installed with the operating system. In addition, manufacturers install a few more apps that we normally do not install or use. It won’t make any difference if they are installed and stay unopened. They run at startup and...
  9. Windows AI Agent Installation errors and their solutions

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows AI Agent Installation errors and their solutions: [ATTACH]Running an AI agent locally on Windows has several benefits. It ensures complete data privacy because all your files stay on your PC. Moreover, you can integrate these AI Agents with your system to build AI-powered desktop automation workflows on your Windows 11...
  10. Windows 10 KB5120249 keeps the OS protected, direct download links for offline installer (.msu)

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5120249 keeps the OS protected, direct download links for offline installer (.msu): Windows 10 KB5120249 is now available as part of the August 2026 Patch Tuesday for PCs enrolled in the Extended Security Updates (ESU) program. In addition to Windows Update, Microsoft has posted direct download links for KB5120249 offline installers (.msu) on the Update...