Windows 10: How to install QuickTime & play MOV video files in Windows 10

Discus and support How to install QuickTime & play MOV video files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]QuickTime is a proprietary video format from Apple. It was supported on Windows till recently until Apple decided not to anymore. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 19, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to install QuickTime & play MOV video files in Windows 10

WinClub, Apr 19, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

.MOV file will not play

You have 2 options:
    1. Download and install Quicktime Player to play .mov: QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows OR
    2. Download and install Handbrake: HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder and convert .mov file to another format such as .avi or .mp4 then you can play with VLC or with Movies & TV App that came installed with Windows.

topgundcp, Apr 19, 2019
  3. cannot play .mov on media player

I installed QuickTime and downloaded codecs and it still won't play.

VanessaLowell, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Gian-Pa Win User

Apple Releases Itunes 7.3.1 - Quicktime 7.2

The best is Quicktime Alternative ( http://www.codecguide.com/ ):
    QuickTime Alternative was a codec package for Microsoft Windows created for playing QuickTime files (.MOV) with any video player that supports DirectShow. Normally, Apple's official QuickTime software is required to play back QuickTime .MOV video files.

Gian-Pa, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

1. How to install QuickTime & play MOV video files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - install QuickTime play

2. Can't play some .MOV videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play some .MOV videos: I’ve been playing .MOV videos on Windows for about 20 years with whatever default program was provided. Now Windows 10 won’t play .MOV files taken before Sept 2010. But it plays .MOV files taken after Sept 2010. The default app is Movies & TV, which displays a “Can’t play:...
  3. Can't play some .MOV videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't play some .MOV videos: I’ve been playing .MOV videos on Windows for about 20 years with whatever default program was provided. Now Windows 10 won’t play .MOV files taken before Sept 2010. But it plays .MOV files taken after Sept 2010. The default app is Movies & TV, which displays a “Can’t play:...
  4. MOV Videos Freezing and playing slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOV Videos Freezing and playing slow: So I have some videos taken with an iPhone, with the extension .MOV, they are normally working on the iPhone, on my friend's pc that has a weaker hardware than mine and on my low-end phone. But on my pc, they are working very slow with Movies & TV App and Windows Media...
  5. MOV Videos Freezing and playing slow

MOV Videos Freezing and playing slow: So I have some videos taken with an iPhone, with the extension .MOV, they are normally working on the iPhone, on my friend's pc that has a weaker hardware than mine and on my low-end phone. But on my pc, they are working very slow with Movies & TV App and Windows Media...
  6. MOV Videos Freezing and playing slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Cannot Play .MOV files

Cannot Play .MOV files: I use a Zoom q4n to record videos that I have to submit as schoolwork. The camera only records in the .MOV format and when I try to import them to my surface they import with only audio and no video. When I try to open video files with the windows Movies and TV app I get the...
  8. How to I play a .MOV file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to I play a .MOV file in Windows 10: What tools does Microsoft offer to play MOV type files on it;s Window 10 operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-play-a-mov-file-in-windows-10/754f00cd-844e-47de-903e-62ec64892e86"
  9. MOV files won't play in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MOV files won't play in Windows 10: MOV files from iphone won't open in Windows 10. Which app will open these files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mov-files-wont-play-in-windows-10/a5bda302-29c1-46e1-8bc1-8a6645eab943"
  10. .MOV file will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    .MOV file will not play: My daughter sent a message to my wife’s IPad, that contained a .mov file of the junior school concert items a grandson took part in, from her IPhone. I wanted to listen with better volume and sound, so we the file to an email to me: File name IMG_nnnn.MOV. I detached the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quicktime download windows 10 mov files

2. play a quicktime .mov file on a windows

3. install quicktime movie format

4. how to play a quicktime movie file on windows,
  5. quick time codecs for windows10,
  6. quick time to play this mov file needs,
  7. how to play a quicktime video,
  8. play quicktime videos on pc,
  9. play .mov files windows 10,
  10. which quicktime will play my .mov video from iphone,
  11. cant install quicktime on windows 10,