Windows 10: How to install specific version of USB 3.0 Root Hub driver

Discus and support How to install specific version of USB 3.0 Root Hub driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, we have a problem with a USB 3.0 Root Hub driver. It happens on a MB630 mainboard from DFI. All worked fine with the 10.0.17134.441 driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David Schmidt 1, Jan 29, 2020.

1. How to install specific version of USB 3.0 Root Hub driver

Hello,

we have a problem with a USB 3.0 Root Hub driver.

It happens on a MB630 mainboard from DFI.

All worked fine with the 10.0.17134.441 driver version.

After some upgrade to Win 190X version the driver got updated to 10.0.18362.1. Since then the USB 3 ports in combination with some USB devices cause a BSOD.

How can we get back to the old driver? A colleague tried and got into lots of problems with driver signature, etc.

What would be a way to downgrade that driver properly? We already figured out how to block automatic driver updates.

Thanks

David

:)

David Schmidt 1, Jan 29, 2020

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jan 29, 2020
  3. supra2 Win User
    Latest ASMedia USB xHCI and Root Hub Drivers

I am using windows 10 and could not detect my USB external memory stick. Device Manager indicated for ASMedia USB Root Hub, that "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" . My DriverMax program indicated that the driver is up to date and I have spent the past week back and forth with DriverMax for a solution. DriverMax finally told me that there is no update for the driver, so I searched for a driver update and came across this site.
    Downloaded and installed the latest ASMedia drivers listed above and it works. Just want to say thanks for posting the driver.

supra2, Jan 29, 2020
  4. How to install specific version of USB 3.0 Root Hub driver

USB Root Hub driver failure on Lenovo T470

After hibernation, the USB ports don't work. When I inspected the drivers, I found that the USB root hub driver was reporting the following errors:

#The USB hub failed to reset.

#Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

#on Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)

I have tried reinstalling the drivers and also tried to disable both the "USB root hub" and the "USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" from going to suspension on sleep or hibernation but the problems still persist on all our T470 laptops.

Kindly get back as soon as possible.

Martin Chileshe, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

How to install specific version of USB 3.0 Root Hub driver

1. How to install specific version of USB 3.0 Root Hub driver - Similar Threads - install specific version

2. USB Root Hub Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  3. USB Root Hub Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  4. USB root hub is not longer there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB root hub is not longer there: I followed this to fix my USB ports cause my laptop wasn't letting me use my USB flash drives. The thing I thing I...
  5. XHCI ROOT HUB 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XHCI ROOT HUB 0: hello I have a ACER ASPIRE TOUCH ALL IN ONE PC. MODEL NO. Z5801. The PC is 10 years old i think, mayber older.I have gone onto windows updates and updated up to now. i also went onto the Acer website and downloaded drivers that were needed and what can be installed.I am...
  6. XHCI ROOT HUB 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XHCI ROOT HUB 0: hello I have a ACER ASPIRE TOUCH ALL IN ONE PC. MODEL NO. Z5801. The PC is 10 years old i think, mayber older.I have gone onto windows updates and updated up to now. i also went onto the Acer website and downloaded drivers that were needed and what can be installed.I am...
  7. XHCI ROOT HUB 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XHCI ROOT HUB 0: hello I have a ACER ASPIRE TOUCH ALL IN ONE PC. The PC is 10 years old i think, mayber older.I have gone onto windows updates and updated up to now. i also went onto the Acer website and downloaded drivers that were needed and what can be installed.I am trying to sort this...
  8. USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working: The driver "USB\ASMEDIAROOT_HUB\5&2E621010&0&0" is not working. It is labelled under 'other devices' as an unknown device. It used to be called "AsMedia USB ROOT HUB" but since trying to uninstall and reinstall it has made the situation worse. Issuse: Every now and again...
  9. USB Root Hub 30

USB Root Hub 30: USB Root Hub 30 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-root-hub-30/54ec05da-a825-4a2a-b365-5048616b1e43
  10. ASMedia USB Root Hub Driver issue

ASMedia USB Root Hub Driver issue: Hi, Please can someone help me with this Since the last windows 10 update i am having trouble in particular with one driver called: ASMedia USB Root Hub Driver This USB keeps installing itself and never stops. I keep hearing the windows beep that usually comes...