Windows 10: How to install the Microsoft Print To PDF driver with Windows 10 audit mode

Discus and support How to install the Microsoft Print To PDF driver with Windows 10 audit mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Support Team or advisors, I have a issue about the Microsoft Print To PDF feature with the audit mode of Windows 10 1909 version, and newer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LiveComLC, Jan 20, 2021.

1. LiveComLC Win User

How to install the Microsoft Print To PDF driver with Windows 10 audit mode

Dear Support Team or advisors, I have a issue about the Microsoft Print To PDF feature with the audit mode of Windows 10 1909 version, and newer.

What I do:

1. Install the windows with the offical ISO

2. When the set region interface OOBE shows, press Ctrl+Shift+F3, then the system restart and logon the desktop by adit mode with Administrator account

3. In the Device manager, can not find Microsoft Print To PDF. Open the "Turn Windows feature on or off", uncheck "Microsoft Print To PDF" and confirm. Re-open the "Turn Windows feature on or off", check "Microsoft Print To PDF" and confirm, the Microsoft Print To PDF printer shows in the Device manager. However, if I print test page or any document with this printer, it shows me a dialog with "Handle is invalid" message.

4. If I remove the Microsoft Print To PDF printer, then add printer manually, the Microsoft Print To PDF printer driver is not shown in the Microsoft manufacturer list.

I think there is something wrong with the step 2. If the system logs in the audit mode, some device drivers may not be installed. Because if I don't press Ctrl+Shift+F3 and complete the OOBE, all is OK with the Microsoft Print To PDF printer. So, my question is, how to install the Microsoft Print To PDF driver if the windows has completed the installation and logs in the audit mode?

Thanks to all of you.

:)

LiveComLC, Jan 20, 2021

2. unable to select Microsoft Print to PDF, as the driver is not available

I have been unable to install/repair Microsoft Print to PDF. After working my way through several online suggestions, including:

SFC scan, DISM scan, making sure .NET framework was enabled, using the windows 10 update troubleshooter and resetting the windows update components I was finally able to activate Microsoft Print to PDF within the "Turn Windows features on and off" only after
    I turned off the print spooler. Then and only then was I able to select the Microsoft Print to PDF in the windows features and then have it successfully load.

The problem now is that if I go into add device and then select printer not listed and try to add a new local printer, if I select Microsoft as the printer, the option of Print to PDF is not listed. In other words, the driver for Microsoft Print
    to PDF is not listed as an option
    . Any help on how to reinstall/repair this?

thanks,

AmosDeinard, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF driver is not listed under Manufactuer or in Windows features.

Hi,

If you're unable to locate Microsoft Print to PDF driver in device manager, we suggest you follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • On the pop-up window, click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Printing, click Printer troubleshooter.
    • Click Next, and follow the on-screen prompts.
    The troubleshooter will scan for any missing drivers and will help you install it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Jan 20, 2021
  4. grahaml1 Win User

Microsoft Print to pdf

I use Sibelius Software and recently the Microsoft Print to pdf hasn't been working properly. In looking for a solution it was suggested that I remove it from the computer and reinstall the driver etc. It looked easy to do. I followed the steps as told (way
    4)

[Solved] Microsoft Print to PDF Not Working on Windows 10 - Driver Easy

But when I started the process of reinstalling it in 'add devices and printers' and came to the bit about chosing a device I wasn't offered 'The printer that I want isn't listed' option, but instead it said 'can't find what you're looking for' and when I
    pressed that link it took me to a Microsoft page about Bluetooth. I'm not sure how to get round this?

How can I reinstall the pdf printer?

Thanks!

grahaml1, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

1. How to install the Microsoft Print To PDF driver with Windows 10 audit mode - Similar Threads - install Microsoft Print

2. How to install Microsoft Print to pdf?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Microsoft Print to pdf?: I tried many ways to install Microsoft Print to Pdf using add printer and local search. while doing so i got the access denied popup message always.Printer server properties also says same popup message....
  3. How to install Microsoft Print to pdf?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Microsoft Print to pdf?: I tried many ways to install Microsoft Print to Pdf using add printer and local search. while doing so i got the access denied popup message always.Printer server properties also says same popup message....
  4. How to install Microsoft Print to pdf?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft print to PDF driver reinstallation?

Microsoft print to PDF driver reinstallation?: I am trying to install microsoft print to PDF in Windows 10, I have followed online instructions to turn on the windows feature and have attempted to install the printer driver but the "Microsoft print to PDF" choice is not present under Microsoft. Is there a way to reinstall...
  6. Downloadable Microsoft Print to PDF driver

Downloadable Microsoft Print to PDF driver: In my opinion, the techical support is no longer user friendly for this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-add-or-reinstall-the-microsoft-pdf-printer/70377c34-e50a-42be-b9f3-92345d6e25df?page=8.Kindly create a driver for...
  7. Microsoft Print To PDF driver

Microsoft Print To PDF driver: My software uses the Microsoft Print to PDF driver. When I install my software I want to check if the Print To PDF driver is available, and if not, install it silently. Any ideas?...
  8. Microsoft PDF to Print Drivers

Microsoft PDF to Print Drivers: Can someone please help me find a way to get the Microsoft PDF to Print Drivers? I have been looking for them and I am not able to find them. I ran Windows Update and I still do not have the drivers. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. Microsoft Print to PDF driver

Microsoft Print to PDF driver: I am trying to reinstall Microsoft Print to PDF but is doesn't appear in the list of drivers. How can I obtain the driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-driver/bbbcab8b-47e2-4474-9e33-c1ec2a6e9662
  10. What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?: [ATTACH]Have you ever wondered how OEMs deploy Windows 10 OS with their own set of apps and drivers? Or how does the recovery partition helps […] This article What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...