Windows 10: How to install two windows 10 OS in two seperate internal hard drives and keep files seperate?

Discus and support How to install two windows 10 OS in two seperate internal hard drives and keep files seperate? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I am planning to install an additional internal SSD in a laptop running windows 10. I have purchased an additional Win 10 Home OS for the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by newbieinspace, Dec 23, 2019.

1. How to install two windows 10 OS in two seperate internal hard drives and keep files seperate?

Hi

I am planning to install an additional internal SSD in a laptop running windows 10. I have purchased an additional Win 10 Home OS for the second drive and want to set up dual booting.

Can this work with both drives running Windows 10 with seperate licences? My intention is to keep both sets of files apart and secure. One drive will contain home files and the other office work and I plan to boot into the second drive at home for the family files. Will the laptop treat the two drives as two computers and deny any access to the other drive? Do I need to keep from not giving a name tothe drive to hide it from disk mgmt or is it unnecessary? Is encryption of the drive itself also a possibility ?

Lastly, how do I really install the OS in the second drive considering that the main drive already has windows 10 installed in it ! Do I need to disconnect the main drive and use a usb to load the windows image to the second drive ? Any easier way than that?

Hoping you can sort me out! :

Many Thanks

Megan

:)

newbieinspace, Dec 23, 2019

2. Dual booting on seperate hard drives?

Not sure where this was supposed to go sorry in advance, I want to dual boot windows 7 and windows 10 on 2 seperate hard drives is it possible?

xcaliber81, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Decciss Win User
    Why is my windows phone 7 not appearing as a seperate drive in explorer?__

Why is my windows phone 7 not appearing as a seperate drive in explorer?

Decciss, Dec 23, 2019
  4. How to install two windows 10 OS in two seperate internal hard drives and keep files seperate?

installing OS X86 on seperate hard drive

hey everyone
    im trying to install ideneb V1.4 of OS X 10.5.5 on a spare hard drive

i was able to install the o/s just fine, but when i boot normally all i get is apple logo and a spinning wheel...i've waited over 2 hours and it just keep spinning

i tried booting with -v -f and -v -x and it goes through all the drivers, but it freezes when it gets to my motherboard(same mobo as in system specs)
    right now i'm downloading kalsay OS X 10.5.2 and i am going to try to install that on a virtual drive and see if that works

any help would be greatly appreciated!

frankie827, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

How to install two windows 10 OS in two seperate internal hard drives and keep files seperate?

1. How to install two windows 10 OS in two seperate internal hard drives and keep files seperate? - Similar Threads - install seperate internal

2. Installing Windows 11 on seperate drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 11 on seperate drive: It has been a while since using a dual boot system. Is this still available with Windows10/11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-11-on-seperate-drive/c88d59c8-7d07-45a8-9add-a6e0b27c0896
  3. Splitting two jack ports to two seperate sound profiles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Splitting two jack ports to two seperate sound profiles: Hello, Is there a way to split two jacks into two accounts/profiles, right now, i only have one 'playback device' in which uses two jacksboth audio, not mic heres a picture to show what i mean, i want to split the "speakers" profile to have only one jack analog jack while...
  4. Installing OS on a seperate hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing OS on a seperate hard drive: I am trying to install an OS to a new hard drive for a computer I built, if I purchase the windows 10 OS, can I install it on a hard drive through a SATA reader other than the C: drive or is it going to try to default to my computers C: drive? Also, is the license going to...
  5. File management with two internal hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File management with two internal hard drives: My computer has two internal hard drives, a SSD for the operating system Windows 10 and a larger hard drive for storage of files. What is the best and safest way to change the location of the User Data Folders to the larger drive? Before buying this computer I was told it was...
  6. Two seperate speakers not working at the same time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two seperate speakers not working at the same time.: [ATTACH] I have two sets of speakers which don't work at the same time. I have my headphones which are shown as 'speakers' but I also have speakers connected which don't show up. But when I unplug my headphones 'speakers' become my actual speakers and then work fine. This is...
  7. Having two separate wallpaper slideshows for two seperate monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having two separate wallpaper slideshows for two seperate monitors: Hey guys, So what Im trying to do is get two different slideshows to run on my wallpapers from two different areas. Since one of my monitors is 1080p, and the other one is 1200p I want to have two different wallpaper slideshows running from two different locations, where...
  8. two seperate favorite files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two seperate favorite files: there have been two historic favorite files through several years of changing browsers. now with windows 10 the dominate favorites file is a historic one and completely out of date. when I add to favorites default is this old file. I do not how to "merge" the two files....
  9. Windows 10 Installation Problems On Seperate Internal Harddrive

Windows 10 Installation Problems On Seperate Internal Harddrive: Has anyone heard of any problems with installing 10 on a separate hard drive with another os system like 7 ? I want to get rid of my 8.1 installation and go with 10 but I did have a few problems with the 7 install even though it was disconnected from my board during the...
  10. Dual booting on seperate hard drives?

Dual booting on seperate hard drives?: Not sure where this was supposed to go sorry in advance, I want to dual boot windows 7 and windows 10 on 2 seperate hard drives is it possible? 16808