Windows 10: How to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]VirtualBox developed by Oracle is a powerful type-2 Hypervisor x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 10, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10

How to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10 Install-VirtualBox-Guest-Additions.png
    VirtualBox developed by Oracle is a powerful type-2 Hypervisor x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. In this post, we will show you how to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10. For a better experience, you must install this tool in all VMs you create when using VirtualBox. What […]

This article How to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 10, 2022

2. VirtualBox resolution/guest additions

I have had similar problem. Win 10 host - Win 7 guest. I have had 1400*1050 max resolution on both Full HD display.

My steps:

1. Reinstall: vbox 5.1.4 to vbox 5.1.2
    2. Run command in virtualbox program folder: "VBoxManage setextradata global GUI/MaxGuestResolution any"
    3. Direkt download on host vbox guest additions 5.0.16 (other build don't resolve the problem)
    4. Mount to the client the VBoxGuestAdditions_5.0.16.iso.
    5. Start client
    6. Install the guest additions from the mount.
    7. Restart client
    8. Set desktop integration and/or full hd resolution on client.
    9. Kill vboxtray application process in client (high processor usage, killed the performance) Be patient!
    10. Rename VBoxTray.exe in client, 2 places. (program files\oracle\virtualbox guest additions and windows\system32 folder)
    11. Reboot client.

Result: I can use full hd resolution. The shared clipboard doesn't operate for me, but I can live with feature.

József Timár, May 10, 2022
  3. Problem accessing shared folder in VirtualBox (Host is Mac OSX. Guest is Windows 10)

I have been running Windows 10 in VirtualBox and accessing files across OS's via a shared folder.

Windows updated this morning and now I've lost access to the shared folder.

I've removed the folder from the VirtualBox Shared Folder list (Windows is booted up). Have re-added the folder (Automount and Make Permanent set). I've restarted a number of times. No impact.

Tried re-installing VirtualBox Guest Additions. This fails with "No device Ids found ...unknown error (0xE0000301)".

Have re-downloaded VirtualBox and re-installed. Still no share and still can't install guest additions.

Can anyone help?

IstvanJobst, May 10, 2022
  4. PuB_Evo Win User

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

How to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10 DirectX.png

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, May 10, 2022
Thema:

1. How to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - install VirtualBox Guest

2. Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox: [ATTACH]It may happen that you are unable to install Guest Additions to a virtual machine in Oracle VirtualBox. When we click on Devices > Install Guest Additions CD Image, it does nothing but throw an error as follows: VirtualBox – Error: Unable to insert the virtual optical...
  3. How to install Windows 11 in Virtualbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 11 in Virtualbox?: I have tried enabling uefi and secure boot but it stops at the setup screen and says "This PC cannot run Windows 11".I even tried using DISM but I found out that the install file is install.esd.Can anyone help me to install Windows 11 in Virtualbox?Specs of my Host PC:HP...
  4. How to install Windows 11 in Virtualbox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Windows 11 in Virtualbox?: I have tried enabling uefi and secure boot but it stops at the setup screen and says "This PC cannot run Windows 11".I even tried using DISM but I found out that the install file is install.esd.Can anyone help me to install Windows 11 in Virtualbox?Specs of my Host PC:HP...
  5. How to install macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    How to install macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11?: With this article, you can learn how to install macOS in VirtualBox on Windows 11. It's true that more people want to know how to get Windows on a Mac, but the tables can be turned in some cases. There are several reasons why someone may need to use macOS in VirtualBox on...
  6. Activate Windows 10 installed on notebook after being activated in a virtualbox guest

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 installed on notebook after being activated in a virtualbox guest: I have bought my new notebook a few weeks ago with an OEM Windows 10 Home version. As the machine came with Ubuntu Linux preinstalled and I had some free time near holidays I thougt why not give Linux a shot? I was playing around while I had to do some urgent work (on Windows...
  7. How to activate Windows 10 guest in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to activate Windows 10 guest in VirtualBox: I have updated my OS to Windows 10 which has been activated during the upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit. I have added Windows 10 as a guest in Virtualbox, how do I validate the Windows 10 guest? 25675
  8. Beta VirtualBox Guest Additions working

Beta VirtualBox Guest Additions working: If anyone is using VirtualBox the test version of guest additions 4.3.21.97986 from here Testbuilds – Oracle VM VirtualBox seems to work with build 9926. The display adapter driver now loads correctly (which doesn't work in the current 4.3.20 version). 4135
  9. Win 10 as guest in virtualbox (with LinuxMint as host)

Win 10 as guest in virtualbox (with LinuxMint as host): I have deleted Win 10 from my harddrive. And with Virtualbox I have Win 7 running now. But I cannot get Win 10 installed. Any clue how to proceed? Would appreciate your assistance Daniel 3432
  10. virtualbox win 10 guest very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    virtualbox win 10 guest very slow: Recently, I would like to upgrade virtualbox win 7 guest to win 10. After upgraded, I found that it is very slow and always high CPU (usually 40-100%). Is there a way to solve this issue? 105040