Windows 10: How to install W10 on new laptop?

Discus and support How to install W10 on new laptop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there! Just bought a new ssd, so I gotta install the OS from scratch. How do I download it, I have a licence but have no idea how it works - do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chkez, Jun 18, 2020.

1. chkez Win User

How to install W10 on new laptop?

Hi there!

Just bought a new ssd, so I gotta install the OS from scratch.

How do I download it, I have a licence but have no idea how it works - do I need to find a key somewhere, can I just download it from here someplace? I am familiar with then putting the installation files on an USB and installing it with that, just don't know how to get to them.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

chkez, Jun 18, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Installing W10 on this Laptop

HP Stream 11 under Windows 10 - Touchpad not recognized.

Are you making sure you are trying the correct driver for the WiFi... They list Broadcom, Intel, and/or Realtek.

Also, try to run the installer as an administrator install.

If that fails... try extracting the files and manually install the driver.

95Viper, Jun 18, 2020
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Installing W10 on this Laptop

Wifi works but where's the link he mentions in the link above? not seeing it

rk3066, Jun 18, 2020
  4. How to install W10 on new laptop?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

How to install W10 on new laptop?

1. How to install W10 on new laptop? - Similar Threads - install W10 laptop

2. W10 installation on new HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 installation on new HD: I have an Acer Aspire S3 w hich has a failed hdd. I use it for travels and the odd use of two laptops at home. I wish to replace it with a new ssd drive. I do not have a image of W10 to utilize for reinstalling the the OS., nor can I axcess the the failed harddrive. How do...
  3. How to install a new antivirus in the laptop

How to install a new antivirus in the laptop: How to install a new anti virus in the laptop as the the pc got some error unable to open and the files in the c and drives are deleted so I need to format and install a new antiviruscbse 10th exam date 2021...
  4. Have new W10 laptop. How do I get my FF pswds into new FF installation

in Browsers and Email
    Have new W10 laptop. How do I get my FF pswds into new FF installation: Hi, Have new W10 laptop. How do I get my FF pswds into new FF installation? That's about as descriptive as I can with 70 characters. Most of the time I get the statement: "It's easy, just import them... how do you import them when you FF is on your W7 laptop?" I was able...
  5. W10 Pro x64 new install

W10 Pro x64 new install: Hello, Ive been running W7 on my desktop for the last 10 years and its been running quite flawlessly. Since W7 wont be supported by Jan 2020 I decided that it was time to upgrade to W10 (clean install with a legit license). It went quite smooth and Ive unplug the internet...
  6. Installing W10 Pro on a new computer

Installing W10 Pro on a new computer: I am about to retire my old desktop (W10 Pro Microsoft account) and replace it with a new one. Is there any way I can install version 1809 on the new machine without having to pay extra for an upgrade from Home? I have a bootable 1809 thumb drive from which I assume I can use...
  7. New install of W10

in Windows 10 Support
    New install of W10: Have just installed Windows 10 dual boot with Windows 7, so it uses Windows 7 credentials. What a pig's ear Microsoft has made of this. Can't install Firefox, can't set up my Hotmail account, can't install Tweekbit, in fact, can't install anything. Keeps wanting me to part...
  8. Install W10 on new SSD Failing

Install W10 on new SSD Failing: I have a Sony Vaio laptop (VPCYB15KX), a bit old but working nonetheless currently running Windows 7 Home Premium and works fine, but is quite slow so I decided to upgrade to an SSD. Picked up a crucial MX200 250 GB SSD and was going to upgrade to Windows 10 (fresh install)...
  9. How to "point" W10 install to a new drive (ssd)

How to "point" W10 install to a new drive (ssd): My current C: drive, won't refresh because of "unsupported layout for UEFI firmware". Research indicates that I would have to clean off the entire disk (4 partions) in order to make it GPT so the install could proceed. I have a 119GB SSD that I designated a GPT disk, but...
  10. New W10 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    New W10 installation: Installed a couple hours ago seems to work quite well, but how do I find my computer as in win 7 , my drives etc??? 13512