Windows 10: How to install wimdows 8 without product key or usb stick.

Discus and support How to install wimdows 8 without product key or usb stick. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want windows 8.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jordan_308, May 15, 2021.

1. How to install wimdows 8 without product key or usb stick.

I want windows 8.

:)

Jordan_308, May 15, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 15, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

How to install wimdows 8 without product key or usb stick. [​IMG]

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, May 15, 2021
  4. How to install wimdows 8 without product key or usb stick.

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

I ought at this stage to pause and say a big thankyou to Bree and NavyLCDR (and alphanumeric...) for hanging in there and trying to help.

As this process has gone on we seem now and again to have got diverted into trying to deal with subordinate or separate aspects of the problem. Just to recap:

- the original focus was on trying to do a clean (re)install of Win10, using the embedded OEM Win 8 key which ShowKey Plus indicated was in the firmware;

- I have tried a clean install, twice, using first a Rufus-created bootable USB then an MCT-created USB. Both booted and started the install (so were properly formatted and functional), but both brought up the product-key screen and the Win 8 embedded key wasn't recognised;

- Bree and I have just been grappling with the secondary problem - that IF I were to try to re-create a bootable USB for a clean install using Option 4, I needed to copy and paste the files from the Win10 .iso image. It has emerged that because i'm using a Win 7 machine for all this preparatory work, I can't open .iso files using Windows Explorer. Ok, we can park that as a side issue, as I can - if need be - open an .iso using 7-Zip;

- but, as NavyLCDR suggests, trying different ways to create a bootable USB seems to be missing the point: however formatted and created, the USB stick runs OK. The problem is that it is unable to find the embedded key nor is that key recognised when manually entered. So a differently-created or formatted USB stick won't help.....

- In theory when I get to the 'product key' screen I suppose I could simply say I don't have a key, and skip that step. The problem then - as I see it - is that Win 10 would clean-install, but I would not then be able to activate it (if the embedded key doesn't work during the install, why would it work afterwards?). I would end up worse off than I am at present, where I have the corporate Win 10 activated and working more-or-less normally, but because it's KMS, it will at some point in the next few months be de-activated;

- That rather leads me towards the alternative suggestion made by NavyLCDR: that instead of persisting with a clean install that seems not to be possible, I could try a different way of (re) activating the existing Win 10 by using the different key suggested. I hesitate to ask for an explanation of what that key is and why it might work. But right now I'm not sure there are any other possible ways forward.

br1anstorm, May 15, 2021
Thema:

How to install wimdows 8 without product key or usb stick.

1. How to install wimdows 8 without product key or usb stick. - Similar Threads - install wimdows without

2. Windows 8 Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 Product Key: I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 on a VM and also upload the ISO image to Internet Archive but it wants a product key which I don't have. There's also no button to say 'I don't have a product key' like Windows 10 and 11. What should I do?...
  3. Windows 8 Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 Product Key: I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 on a VM and also upload the ISO image to Internet Archive but it wants a product key which I don't have. There's also no button to say 'I don't have a product key' like Windows 10 and 11. What should I do?...
  4. Install Windows 10 on a compatible laptop with windows 8 without product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 10 on a compatible laptop with windows 8 without product key: I have a laptop I haven't used for ages. It has Windows 8 on it and has the system requirements to be able to run Windows 10.Unfortunately, I can't access the Windows 8 product key.What would I need to do to get Windows 10 on the machine?Thanks...
  5. Install Windows 10 on a compatible laptop with windows 8 without product key

Install Windows 10 on a compatible laptop with windows 8 without product key: I have a laptop I haven't used for ages. It has Windows 8 on it and has the system requirements to be able to run Windows 10.Unfortunately, I can't access the Windows 8 product key.What would I need to do to get Windows 10 on the machine?Thanks...
  6. I install windows 8 without knowing a product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I install windows 8 without knowing a product key: I installed windows 8 without knowing a product key, i dont know how to fix this. And if i cancelled it my drive was locked. I want to get back i dont know how. I try to system restore or repair your pc but it didn't work And ill try to find product key using cmd in...
  7. I install windows 8 without knowing a product key

I install windows 8 without knowing a product key: I installed windows 8 without knowing a product key, i dont know how to fix this. And if i cancelled it my drive was locked. I want to get back i dont know how. I try to system restore or repair your pc but it didn't work And ill try to find product key using cmd in...
  8. previous wimdow key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    previous wimdow key: recently , i just replaced ssd in the place of hdd....but i lost my genuine window ... what can i do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-wimdow-key/206b7bda-e16e-475d-bc12-a71183aad6bd
  9. How to Install Windows 10 WIthout a Product Key ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Install Windows 10 WIthout a Product Key ?: A lot of those who own homes opt to put in locks on the windows for better security. Windows are weak points in any home security, and locks can reduce the chances of a home invasion. People with children choose locks to prevent child access to open windows, which can lead to...
  10. How install windows10 on a usb stick ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How install windows10 on a usb stick ?: Hi, I'd like to install windows10 on a usb stick. If I boot from the installation media the windows installer doesn't see any usb stick, the the discs. How can I install windows to a usb stick ? submitted by /u/belibelibelib [link] [comments]...