Windows 10: How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted?

Discus and support How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I made the mistake of deleting the Recovery & EFI partitions (long stupid story). Now I cannot load windows to do a Reset, nor even just install from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by drpeppercan, Jan 17, 2021.

1. How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted?

I made the mistake of deleting the Recovery & EFI partitions (long stupid story).
    Now I cannot load windows to do a Reset, nor even just install from a live USB drive.
    This is an Acer desktop (Predator G3 710), about 4 years old.
    Would it help to boot from a live Linux USB to delete all partitions? Would the Windows 10 installer create the partitions it needs, or should I create them myself?
    I found this tutorial "Windows 10 clean install on a formatted (blank) hard drive". I just wished it wasn't as long *Sad

Thanks guys!

DPC

:)

drpeppercan, Jan 17, 2021
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted? :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition

I forced reinstalled my windows 10 after my boot got corrupted by deleting linux on dual boot.

Now I used diskpart to wipe my SSD before I began installation. When the Win10 installation is finished. I noticed that I have Recovery and EFI Partitions on Disk management. I'm expecting System Reserved Partition because based on some forums, you can only
    get System Reserved Partition if you successfully clean installed the windows 10.

so that I think I believed that I didn't clean install my Windows 10 because im getting Recovery and EFI partitions.

Please help how to can i get only System Reserved Partition not Recovery and EFI.

How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted? 547c4c3b-b3ad-4f74-ae24-cfc81eaa523c?upload=true.png

Gid'-alert(1)-', Jan 17, 2021
  4. How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted?

The Efi system partition deleting during clean install....

hi,

You are saying that i should not delete them (the EFI System partition) and just install windows to primary or main partition. Please tell me that i am correct in understanding this. If i am not, please give some easy step to do so.

Also, If i delete all my partitions including EFI and then click next to install windows, can't that be recreated. The disk looks like this

How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted? cb00b586-b41b-4a25-bdc5-cd6a009f2f20?upload=true.png

The MSR reserved partition i have deleted on previous clean install and also the recovery which was of win8.1 which i don't want. Please help.

Milind Goel, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted?

1. How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted? - Similar Threads - install Win10 Recovery

2. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?: I have an HP laptop 15-r014tx. The specifications are : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04337700 .I recently upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 12 GB4GB existing + 8GB new. I also installed a new 256GB SSD and the existing HDD was moved to the CD/DVD drive slot. Now, I do not...
  3. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?: I have an HP laptop 15-r014tx. The specifications are : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04337700 .I recently upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 12 GB4GB existing + 8GB new. I also installed a new 256GB SSD and the existing HDD was moved to the CD/DVD drive slot. Now, I do not...
  4. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. EFI and Recovery partition got deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI and Recovery partition got deleted: When attempting to dual boot with Linux, my EFI boot partition and the Microsoft Reserved partition got wiped.I am currently booted into a liveuser on EndeavourOS to view my partitions in GParted. - Top unallocated is where the EFI partiton should go- /dev/sda2 are my Windows...
  6. EFI and Recovery partition got deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EFI and Recovery partition got deleted: When attempting to dual boot with Linux, my EFI boot partition and the Microsoft Reserved partition got wiped.I am currently booted into a liveuser on EndeavourOS to view my partitions in GParted. - Top unallocated is where the EFI partiton should go- /dev/sda2 are my Windows...
  7. EFI and Recovery partition got deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  9. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  10. EFI and Recovery partitions.

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI and Recovery partitions.: new hp pavilion laptop, the 2 default partitions besides C: notice they are 100% free space, they both are before C: , however posts I have been reading call for them to be after C: for rebuilding them? -EFI system partition, according to wikipedia this is: "When a...