Windows 10: How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive

Discus and support How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I'm installing Windows in a PC with 2 drives and I want to dedicate one for it and one for Linux, I usually disable from Bios the drive I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kamzata, Jul 27, 2018.

1. kamzata Win User

How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive

When I'm installing Windows in a PC with 2 drives and I want to dedicate one for it and one for Linux, I usually disable from Bios the drive I don't want to use then I proceed with Windows installation on the other drive. This is not possible on my new Lenovo T480s, Bios doesn't allow me to disable mutually the drives and when I try to install Windows, it installs its boot manager just on the first drive. Well, I'd like to install it on the second drive where Windows is actual installed. Any idea of how I can do without every time disassemble the PC and unplug the first drive?

:)

kamzata, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Aquinus Win User

Partition management

Or at the very least, make sure that your hard drive boot order is correct, because it will take the first writable drive in the boot list to determine where to put the boot loader. As Jester suggested, pop the Windows install disk in, make sure your boot order is correct (or unplug the drive,) and run repair. It's really that simple.

Aquinus, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 27, 2018
  4. sttubs Win User

Windows 10 boot drive

Is Windows 10 also limited to a max of 3Tb for a boot drive?

sttubs, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive - Similar Threads - install boot manager

2. Install Windows 10 on 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 on 2nd drive: Hi I currently have a 1Tb HDD, partitioned into ‘C’ one-third and ‘D’two-thirds. ‘C’ is Windows 10 and apps, ‘D’ is data docs, spreadsheets, music…. I have a spare 240Gb SSD 2.5 inch which I’d like to useas the boot drive, with the aim of making Windows 10 start quicker,...
  3. 2nd install of windows 10

2nd install of windows 10: I installed windows 10 on an AMD gen7 pc, it loaded but once installed kept freezing after 5 minutes. It did this over 18 times, fed up at what was happening I decided to dump it and reformat machine. when I tried a second fresh windows 10 install it would not work. so not...
  4. Windows 8.1 doesn't boot anymore after Windows 10 installation on 2nd drive

Windows 8.1 doesn't boot anymore after Windows 10 installation on 2nd drive: I have Windows 8.1 on one drive. I install Windows 10 on a second physical drive. Then the computer always boots into Win10. "Ok", I think, before he would always ask which Windows version to boot before, Windows 8.1 was installed on that second drive. I put the Windows...
  5. Boot Manager option gone after installing 2nd W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Manager option gone after installing 2nd W10: Acer A5 laptop 500G NVME 250G Apacer SSD The laptop came with Win 10 Home installed on the 500G NVME I added the Apacer 250G SSD, using the supplied bracket and installed W10 Pro on that. Windows Boot Manager then offered a choice of systems. I decided to switch the...
  6. Can't boot after installing windows on 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot after installing windows on 2nd drive: Hi, I am frustrated and here is what I did (any help is appreciated) : My company's laptop has only HDD drive and it has Windows 10 Enterprise and i don't have admin privileges + it has BittLocker. I got my self a temporary nvme drive and plugged it into an empty nvme...
  7. How to manage installations when C drive is SSD Boot Drive

How to manage installations when C drive is SSD Boot Drive: This isn't a question pertaining to installing Windows specific files, but general installation of programs and apps on a system with a maxed out C drive thats an SSD Boot Drive with only 100gb capacity, and a empty D Drive that is an HDD with 1TB capacity. I bought my wife...
  8. How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive

How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive: When I'm installing Windows in a PC with 2 drives and I want to dedicate one for it and one for Linux, I usually disable from Bios the drive I don't want to use then I proceed with Windows installation on the other drive. This is not possible on my new Lenovo T480s, Bios...
  9. New SSD boot drive, new Win10 install boots but 2nd drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New SSD boot drive, new Win10 install boots but 2nd drive not detected: I have a Dell desktop Core i5 PC about 3-4 years old with 2 SATA drives and 2 DVD RW drives. I had the boot drive (a Samsung EVO850 250Gb SSD) partitioned into two drives, C 150Gb and D about 85Gb. The other HD is a Seagate 2TB which is partitioned into 4 drives, E, 700Gb, F,...
  10. No boot partition on boot drive after clean install with 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot partition on boot drive after clean install with 2nd drive: Hey all, It's an age old story, probably.. I was running Win7. Had a crash that munged me being able to boot and I have never had success creating a repair disk for 7 with USB3 drivers (I'm on Z170 chipset). So I decided I should finally jump into Win10 as I reserved...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual boot other os not dtected

2. how to install windows boiot manager

3. install windows boot manager windows 10

4. how to a a boot manager to a drive,
  5. windows 10 boot manager install,
  6. install boot manager on second harddisk,
  7. how to boot and install windows 10 from 2nd internal drive,
  8. windows boot manager install on drive,
  9. how to install windows on drive with no boot manager