How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive

Discus and support How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I'm installing Windows in a PC with 2 drives and I want to dedicate one for it and one for Linux, I usually disable from Bios the drive I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kamzata, Jul 27, 2018.

1. kamzata Win User

When I'm installing Windows in a PC with 2 drives and I want to dedicate one for it and one for Linux, I usually disable from Bios the drive I don't want to use then I proceed with Windows installation on the other drive. This is not possible on my new Lenovo T480s, Bios doesn't allow me to disable mutually the drives and when I try to install Windows, it installs its boot manager just on the first drive. Well, I'd like to install it on the second drive where Windows is actual installed. Any idea of how I can do without every time disassemble the PC and unplug the first drive?

:)

kamzata, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Aquinus Win User

Partition management

Or at the very least, make sure that your hard drive boot order is correct, because it will take the first writable drive in the boot list to determine where to put the boot loader. As Jester suggested, pop the Windows install disk in, make sure your boot order is correct (or unplug the drive,) and run repair. It's really that simple.

Aquinus, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 27, 2018
  4. sttubs Win User

Windows 10 boot drive

Is Windows 10 also limited to a max of 3Tb for a boot drive?

sttubs, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. How to install Windows 10 boot manager on 2nd drive - Similar Threads - install boot manager

2. windows 10 live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 live mail: since windows 10 updates "send link" greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/e4b9576a-0bff-40d1-98cd-d50bd5191611
  3. If I decide to choose Reset my PC option that saves my files and reinstalls Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I decide to choose Reset my PC option that saves my files and reinstalls Windows 10,...: The edition I'm using is Windows 10 Pro, and under the Activation, it says: Windows is activated using your organization's activation service. I would like to choose Reset my PC from the Recovery option, keep my files and reinstall Windows, but will I have to enter the...
  4. activte my windows and prodcut key

in Windows 10 Customization
    activte my windows and prodcut key: activte my windows and prodcut key activte my windows and prodcut key activte my windows and prodcut key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/activte-my-windows-and-prodcut-key/b15faf13-12ff-4005-b31f-d8ddbc409087
  5. Google Chrome refuses to install on Windows 10

Google Chrome refuses to install on Windows 10: My Google Chrome was working fine yesterday, but I haven't been able to get it to load any webpages today. Meanwhile, my internet explorer has been working fine. I am not using a proxy server, so that box was already unchecked. I didn't want to make too many changes on the...
  6. Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting): I use a Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop with i7 Processor and 8GB RAM. When I bought the laptop, it was normal after boot. Then after time passed by, my performance of my laptop started degrading (i.e) The computer was damn slow for nearly a minute after boot and returns to normal...
  7. How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( )

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( ): TL;DR I opened a notepad that I have, clicked save as and then saved it with the same name in the same directory(i.e replaced it). Can I recover the previous version of the note pad? full story: I reset my windows. after that, I get a problem where my notepad files that...
  8. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper...
  9. Imorting Live Mail contacts in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10

Imorting Live Mail contacts in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10: As Live Mail Windows 7 and Mail Windows 10 are Microsoft products, How do I import my contacts from Live Mail in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10? If it is not possible why not - they are /Microsoft products?...
  10. Dell laptop windows 10 problem

Dell laptop windows 10 problem: i bought a used laptop with no apps from the store and try to install Microsoft word app to my computer after finishing installing it asks me to update the computer and i click yes after 1 hr it finish updating and start preparing windows then it can't finish for about 24...