Windows 10: How to install windows 10 from a split hard drive?

Discus and support How to install windows 10 from a split hard drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a PC with 1tb hard drive. Currently am running windows 7 from it. I want to update to windows 10. I have tried windows media creation tool but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rahul pc help, Sep 19, 2017.

1. How to install windows 10 from a split hard drive?

I have a PC with 1tb hard drive. Currently am running windows 7 from it. I want to update to windows 10. I have tried windows media creation tool but it failed giving me some error.
    Is there anyway to install windows 10 from an iso by splitting my hard drive and making it bootable drive(only single partition and other partition will have the data) ?
    Note: I don't have any external storage devices. I'm just curious whether we can do it or not.

How to install windows 10 from a split hard drive? [​IMG]

:)

rahul pc help, Sep 19, 2017

2. How long is the automatic activation will take?

Andre,

I am going thru this right now. You said that if I don't have the key for WIN 10 I could just install it and "within a few days" it would be activated automatically. How long is that usually?

If I had Windows 10 Home on there and use a Recovery media made from Win 10 Pro will it still work (and I presume revert to Home at that point)??

Thanks.

***Post decided to split here***

Jack Saltiel, Sep 19, 2017
  3. How do I download a CD to Windows 10

How do I download a CD to Windows 10??

EdwardWiston, Sep 19, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

How to install windows 10 from a split hard drive?

Yes. You just have to run the setup.exe that is in the \sources folder.

NavyLCDR, Sep 19, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    Agreed. My latest computer [year ago] came from the factory with a split 1TB drive, 150GB C:/Boot/System partition and D: Data partition. As mentioned it works just to install from the .iso or DVD or even a bootable USB drive and choose C: as the Boot/System drive. Since both partitions are on the same physical drive there will be no issue but DON'T have any other drive connected until you are finished and Windows is working.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to install windows 10 from a split hard drive?

1. How to install windows 10 from a split hard drive? - Similar Threads - install split hard

2. How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive: A hard drive containing my windows 10 pro OS died, and I would like to remove that device from my Microsoft account and install the OS on a new hard drive using the same product key. Where can I find this product key on my Microsoft account?Can I install this on my new...
  3. How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive: A hard drive containing my windows 10 pro OS died, and I would like to remove that device from my Microsoft account and install the OS on a new hard drive using the same product key. Where can I find this product key on my Microsoft account?Can I install this on my new...
  4. How to install Windows 10 Pro from a dead hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Split hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Split hard drive: I have a 1tb drive with two partitions.While trying to resize the partitions I finished up with two partitions labeled "F:"File explorer sees one 1tb partition but the disk manager in control panel, sees two partitions of about 500mb each.I have tried various partition...
  6. Split hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Split hard drive: I have a 1tb drive with two partitions.While trying to resize the partitions I finished up with two partitions labeled "F:"File explorer sees one 1tb partition but the disk manager in control panel, sees two partitions of about 500mb each.I have tried various partition...
  7. Split hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Hard drive split in two?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive split in two?: Hello. I had recently installed Ubuntu 19.04 alongside Windows 10. Now I wanted to uninstall it, so I followed the existing tutorials on the internet. However only Ubuntu was deleted but the virtual drive was still not deleted. The funny thing is that the virtual drive is...
  9. how to install windows 10 from USB drive on a clean install to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to install windows 10 from USB drive on a clean install to a new hard drive: I have downloaded Windows 10 to USB but I am not sure how to get the computer to recognized the USB installer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-install-windows-10-from-usb-drive-on-a/0f27c2a7-057d-4c5b-a887-b11871bb87d8
  10. Is it possible to split a Windows installation across hard drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to split a Windows installation across hard drives?: Just curious if this is possible, in basically the same way that one can do it in Linux. I just have a little idyllic scenario in my head where my Windows system folder is on a small NVMe drive, my Program Files folders are on a separate SSD of some kind, and my Users...